Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI spark dropped from the sky.
4561 38 2018-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zJHLQpvLNNtE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1811 ft

Poland

Case number: RMA/5473/2018
I recently bought a dji spark drone. The device I bought was just after warranty replacement(whole drone).
Just after buying and checking all updates(everything was up to date) I went out for a first flying. I’ve calibrated the drone via app and went flying with app+rc. Everything was ok but on the last battery I turned off begginer mode and started flying. After a while the drone DROPPED from the sky(8meters high).
Unfortunately I didn’t record the flight but I have all the data collected by the app. The incident happend in an open space so there was no obstacles around.
I’va already sent the drone to You and today I recieved the message that the repair cannot be done on a warranty basis because of ridicolous reasons: mechanical damage (the drone dropped from the sky, the logical part is when something falls down from the sky it gets damage. it’s not my fault and that is the reason of damage) and some strange message about screws being fixed too hard (but I didn’t touched any screws as there were no reason to do that to the brand new dron, honestly i don’t even know where the scews are placed). The wasn’t any errors on the screen during the flight it’s just fall down. We are sure that you will find the reason for a fall and will repair it cause it would be very unfair to charge us for devices fault.
2018-3-22
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

You did not accidentally turn off the rotors right? Or did the battery fell out?
2018-3-22
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Captain
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

Yikes.  I'm curious to see what happened/how this turns out.  Did you upload the log file yet?
2018-3-22
Use props
djiuser_zJHLQpvLNNtE
lvl.1

Poland

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-3-22 07:58
You did not accidentally turn off the rotors right? Or did the battery fell out?

How could I do that? That I wasn’t use the sport mode.
Would I get a no signal message when drone falling down?

I’ve found the battery 20cm away alone from the drone on the ground, I’m pretty sure that it wouldn’t be so close if the battery and drone fell down separately from around 8m (while flying).
I couldn’t see it neither as it happend around 50m away from me.
2018-3-22
Use props
djiuser_zJHLQpvLNNtE
lvl.1

Poland

RobertWSimpson Posted at 2018-3-22 08:09
Yikes.  I'm curious to see what happened/how this turns out.  Did you upload the log file yet?

I’ve synced my flight history and send the drone to dji.
Log says nothing, just the last flight doesn’t have the landing part...
2018-3-22
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.4

Philippines

The flight records will show details on your accident. The dji repair team will be able to review and also check your drone for damage analysis  on these investigations the result will be either pilot error or product issue. Since they said it has a fee for repair it must be a product issue based on the flight records and damage analysis. If you may need further info from them on why it is a product issue please email them or call or chat for a follow up email to your case for more info on why it became a product issue like a request for clear explanation
2018-3-22
Use props
IceBox-Murdock
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43845 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am so sorry about your bad experience. I hope your drone will be replaced.
2018-3-22
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Upload your flight data please
2018-3-22
Use props
Evnee
lvl.1

Poland

@arcobaleno
The thing is i already emailed them but couldnt handle my disappointment so far. Imagine that i flew only for 26 minutes total and my drone just fell down from the sky mid-flying. And they say about screws i had nothing to do with. It is just pure sadness coming from me, sorry for that. I thought that maybe someone had a similar problem with warranty or maybe there are dji staff here.

@IceBox
Thank you, hope so too.

@SOUNDWAVE43
How? I synced it from the app already.
2018-3-22
Use props
m1n1s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

battery dropped out
2018-3-22
Use props
RjMllr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

I NEED TO KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED TO YOUR DRONE VERY BADLY. I also have a newly bought Spark (2 weeks old), and it scares me whenever I read this kind of stories
2018-3-22
Use props
m1n1s
Second Officer
United Kingdom

always fly with one of these:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2740246

or

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2574130

battery cannot fall out then.
2018-3-22
Use props
Evnee
lvl.1

Poland

SOUNDWAVE439 - i've read about uploading flight data. i cant do anything as i've already sent the drone to DJI - i don't have the drone so i cant upload data now - am i right?

m1n1s - hope not honestly. why would it happen in continuus flight forward? These battery locks looks ok, thx for that, but what is the point? Is it some major spark problem with batteries falling out?

RjMllr - i dont know why this happened, i just want it back in one piece :/ and i can't afford the repair fee now

2018-3-22
Use props
m1n1s
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Evnee Posted at 2018-3-22 13:38
SOUNDWAVE439 - i've read about uploading flight data. i cant do anything as i've already sent the drone to DJI - i don't have the drone so i cant upload data now - am i right?

m1n1s - hope not honestly. why would it happen in continuus flight forward? These battery locks looks ok, thx for that, but what is the point? Is it some major spark problem with batteries falling out?

if you search the forums there are many battery drops , you can draw your own conclusions
2018-3-22
Use props
Evnee
lvl.1

Poland

m1n1s Posted at 2018-3-22 13:48
if you search the forums there are many battery drops , you can draw your own conclusions

erm... i still hope this is not the case this time. we'll see how it ends. anyway thx for 3d models, i'm printing one tomorrow
2018-3-22
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

Oh no sorry to hear that how much damage did it sustain - can you attach a picture of the Spark?
2018-3-22
Use props
Evnee
lvl.1

Poland

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-22 14:10
Oh no sorry to hear that how much damage did it sustain - can you attach a picture of the Spark?

huh .honestly i didnt think of taking the picture.
i had one 'arm' broken. in the mail dji support says that:
costs are 480PLN including
-upper casing
-middle frame
-one rotor
-gimbal housing
2018-3-22
Use props
RjMllr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

Evnee Posted at 2018-3-22 13:38

I believe that a flight record is being save to the phone whenever you fly. Correct me if I am wrong
2018-3-22
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>

Evnee Posted at 2018-3-22 14:15
huh .honestly i didnt think of taking the picture.
i had one 'arm' broken. in the mail dji support says that:
costs are 480PLN including

did you not have dji care refresh?
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Evnee, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Just to verify, the drone was sent to DJI Official Service Center directly, right? If yes, per the case number: RMA/5473/2018 you offered, we do not find any info in our system. Also, I managed to get your email address via the forum info, but still no records. The case number we referred usually comes with CAS-XXXXXXX-XXXXXX. Could you double check and confirm? Thanks in advance!
2018-3-22
Use props
Evnee
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-22 20:21
Hey Evnee, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Just to verify, the drone was sent to DJI Official Service Center directly, right? If yes, per the case number: RMA/5473/2018 you offered, we do not find any info in our system. Also, I managed to get your email address via the forum info, but still no records. The case number we referred usually comes with CAS-XXXXXXX-XXXXXX. Could you double check and confirm? Thanks in advance!

davidmartingraf - i didnt get the care because i didnt even wanted to use it at long distances when obstacles may be found, , not losing it out o my sight in natural environment

Susan, thanks for your interest in the case. I didnt make a complaint by myself but brought it to the seller. I believe that the mail you are talking about is krystian@fotoaparaciki.pl.

I will try to retrieve the CAS number but this  RMA is what i received back from the seller(forwarded mail).
2018-3-22
Use props
Evnee
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-22 20:21

hello again! i have the drone serial no: 0ASDF1H00R1967.
The seller i bought it from have sent it to RCpro (authorized distributor).

what can i do now?
2018-3-23
Use props
m1n1s
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Evnee Posted at 2018-3-22 13:56
erm... i still hope this is not the case this time. we'll see how it ends. anyway thx for 3d models, i'm printing one tomorrow

the 246 3d print is my favourite and fits the best.

with so many battery falls i never fly without one of these, i lost my original spark in august last year with such a failure and my spark was less than a month old
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Evnee Posted at 2018-3-23 02:34
hello again! i have the drone serial no: 0ASDF1H00R1967.
The seller i bought it from have sent it to RCpro (authorized distributor).

Evnee, I've checked the email address and aircraft SN you offered again, sorry to tell you there are still no records in our system.  Generally, if the dealer reported in dealer system, there will be case number as well. With the case number, we can check the exact status and help you out.  
2018-3-23
Use props
Evnee
lvl.1

Poland

Ok. Thank you Susan for your time. So there is a short story about all of this for everyone.

I bought a dji spark from official seller as used. The spark was replaced and unactivated as it came back from repair. the reason for spark being replaced was a bootloop after an update. It was sent to official polish distributor RCpro and they redirected it to one of their services.
The former owner decided to go higher and to buy mavic and to sell the spark. I bought it as unactivated from my seller.

After that there was this accident so i came back to my seller and i've sent it over to service.

They didnt even read the notice i guess and they answered with how much this will cost.
I tried ti explain that this happened just like that, just a drop from thw sky so they gave me a discount(firstly 480 pln, later 420).
They told ne that the screws were too tight and that is my fault.

I was angry and called them by myself. I explained that if something was wrong with the spark its their fault not mine as it was recently replaced.
I had to wait a couple of days and yesterday my seller called me that he talked with a different guy in service and the spark will be replaced.

End of story, i'm waiting for a new drone

Hope u all will have more luck then i had
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Evnee Posted at 2018-3-28 23:09
Ok. Thank you Susan for your time. So there is a short story about all of this for everyone.

I bought a dji spark from official seller as used. The spark was replaced and unactivated as it came back from repair. the reason for spark being replaced was a bootloop after an update. It was sent to official polish distributor RCpro and they redirected it to one of their services.

Glad to know the drone will be replaced, hope you will get it back soon and enjoy flying, please keep us updated if there is any further issue, we are always here to help.
2018-3-28
Use props
Evnee
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-28 23:57
Glad to know the drone will be replaced, hope you will get it back soon and enjoy flying, please keep us updated if there is any further issue, we are always here to help.

Thank you very much   i will post here once again when i receive and test my new spark
2018-3-29
Use props
Royale Drone
New

I had a lovely little spark. Also have the Phantom 2. Was out using my Spark yesterday. I am always very careful and if I am over water at my lake I stay close to shore and don’t go very high. Yesterday I was just maybe 50 feet out not very high. Battery popped off and it hit the water first and then the drone hit. Can’t recover it. Only a few months old and gently flown. I even got my drone license. Terribly disappointed. Was not my fault. My flight path shows everything fine. 48% left on battery, 11 satellites all good. Pretty upset. Not sure what I should do. Obviously this is a major problem with the Spark. Not fair to put out that much money and due to bad design left with nothing in hand except a remote control.
2018-6-8
Use props
Royale Drone
New

See where my drone ended up after battery popped off!
FBEB4A3E-8A8D-41D7-AB87-3167F2CDD2E2.jpeg
2018-6-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Royale Drone Posted at 2018-6-8 17:55
See where my drone ended up after battery popped off!

Royale, we are so sorry for your loss, the accident needs to be analyzed case by case. If the drone is still in warranty period, please contact our support team to start a ticket for data analysis, our team will do our best to find out the reason according to the flight records in the APP. Hope everything will turn out to be great.
2018-6-8
Use props
Royale Drone
New

Thanks I sent it in information and a claim has been started. Waiting to get results.
2018-6-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Royale Drone Posted at 2018-6-21 04:46
Thanks I sent it in information and a claim has been started. Waiting to get results.

All right, if there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here all the time.
2018-6-21
Use props
fans2c2487a8
lvl.1

My spark 2 weeks old dropped from the sky today, all updated, called Dji and there customer service opens in the morning. Going to take it back to where it was purchased for an exchange.
2018-7-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans2c2487a8 Posted at 2018-7-28 17:00
My spark 2 weeks old dropped from the sky today, all updated, called Dji and there customer service opens in the morning. Going to take it back to where it was purchased for an exchange.

Hi there, we are so sorry for the crash accident, hope your reseller will help you out, if there is anything we can help, please let us know.
2018-7-30
Use props
fans23daf04d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4865 ft
Philippines

DJI Spark

SN 0ASDE7W0B101F5
Case Number CAS-2186279-L5T4R7

On the 3rd day of purchase the malfunction happened. The last flight log of the item was 21/08/18 and the drone was purchased on 19/08/18. The drone controller was up. But the drone instead went not just unresponsive but went down. Water markings was due to the drone going down to 1 foot of water but was immediately retieved within a few seconds. I reported the malfunction to the dealer on the 5th day from purchase and returned it to them on the 7th day of purchase.

This article seems related:
My claim is the 7 day replacement due to malfunction. As per DJI chat, I can claim for replacement.

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2017/7/25/16025426/dji-spark-drone-customer-complaints-flight-issues
AB0F7E5D-BD65-493A-A8DB-3223D367CC22.png
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans23daf04d Posted at 2018-9-13 03:30
DJI Spark

SN 0ASDE7W0B101F5

Hi there, sorry for the crash accident with the brand-new drone, upon checking the case, it was created because of the pairing issue by your dealer, then they said the drone was crashed, it has been sent to local dealer MSI and was diagnosed as misused by user, we have asked the flight records  for analysis on 5th, Sept but still haven't received any response from your dealer, could you please verify with them?
2018-9-14
Use props
Tsolsi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1577500 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Did it look something like this? (the first spark vid here) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbuWkCOWypk

2019-2-19
Use props
fans4a0e135c
New

United States

Same thing just happened to me. I’m not sure what happened it just dropped out of the sky. There is the slight but unlikely possibility the batter was not fully clicked in BUT I am a very keen person However I was in a hurry to test the parabolic reflector attachment on the controller. I can say with a 333 foot drop. “333 Not a typo” it seems to still function correctly. I got lucky and this has NEVER happened before. I have to find the other battery tomorrow it is missing hence my saying possibly it was not fully clicked in.
2019-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans4a0e135c Posted at 3-27 23:04
Same thing just happened to me. I’m not sure what happened it just dropped out of the sky. There is the slight but unlikely possibility the batter was not fully clicked in BUT I am a very keen person However I was in a hurry to test the parabolic reflector attachment on the controller. I can say with a 333 foot drop. “333 Not a typo” it seems to still function correctly. I got lucky and this has NEVER happened before. I have to find the other battery tomorrow it is missing hence my saying possibly it was not fully clicked in.

Hi there, we are sorry for the crash accident, it is not recommended to continue flying the drone. If it is still in the warranty period, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, our team will help to figure out what was going on.
2019-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules