Disappointed in DJI customer service
979 13 2018-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1405f101
lvl.1
Flight distance : 515873 ft

DJI products are fantastic - until you run into trouble and have to rely on the manufacture warranty.

Case# CAS-1592360-N6Z7H8

Backstory:  Purchae brand new DJI Phantom 4 Pro, during very first flight the drone loses power and crashes.  I send in for repair, it is covered under warrnaty due do drone malfunction. Great news, they covered it.  3 weeks later, I have my drone back.  Unfotunately, drone is still not operational - It makes a screeech noise while turned out and won't connect to any tablet device.  Now, all I can do is send in again and wait another 3 weeks.

My Problem: I pay for something in brand new condition. After all said and done, I'll have waited 60+ days to get a now 2 time repaired drone that I do no trust instead of a new device.  I wouldn't call that an honest transaction.

My Requests to DJI:  I asked if they could send me a new drone in exchange for this still unrepaired drone? Nope!....I said okay okay, can you at least show some good-will customer service at throw on a FREE DJI care refresh so feel confident in this drone?  Nope!

Nothing agaisnt overseas call centers, but their scripts and lack of realistic conversation make it SO difficult to explain situations.  Even talking to a supervisor, they have no more ability or flexibility to assist or put customer at ease.

It's just very fustrating that after months of waiting, several emails, calls, forms, waiting around for shipment to arrive I will have a 2-time repaired drone instead of a new drone with nothing extra to show for it (except loss of hair)

If any DJI support is out there - what can you do to help? I think DJI care refresh or gift card to cover that cost is more than fair, no?
Case# CAS-1592360-N6Z7H8
(old case#CAS-1476912-Q1C3S3)

2018-3-22
Use props
PhilJohnson
lvl.1

Disappointed in DJI customer service

DJI products are fantastic - until you run into trouble and have to rely on the manufacture warranty.

Case# CAS-1592360-N6Z7H8

Backstory:  Purchae brand new DJI Phantom 4 Pro, during very first flight the drone loses power and crashes.  I send in for repair, it is covered under warrnaty due do drone malfunction. Great news, they covered it.  3 weeks later, I have my drone back.  Unfotunately, drone is still not operational - It makes a screeech noise while turned out and won't connect to any tablet device.  Now, all I can do is send in again and wait another 3 weeks.

My Problem: I pay for something in brand new condition. After all said and done, I'll have waited 60+ days to get a now 2 time repaired drone that I do no trust instead of a new device.  I wouldn't call that an honest transaction.

My Requests to DJI:  I asked if they could send me a new drone in exchange for this still unrepaired drone? Nope!....I said okay okay, can you at least show some good-will customer service at throw on a FREE DJI care refresh so feel confident in this drone?  Nope!

Nothing agaisnt overseas call centers, but their scripts and lack of realistic conversation make it SO difficult to explain situations.  Even talking to a supervisor, they have no more ability or flexibility to assist or put customer at ease.

It's just very fustrating that after months of waiting, several emails, calls, forms, waiting around for shipment to arrive I will have a 2-time repaired drone instead of a new drone with nothing extra to show for it (except loss of hair)

If any DJI support is out there - what can you do to help? I think DJI care refresh or gift card to cover that cost is more than fair, no?
Case# CAS-1592360-N6Z7H8
(old case#CAS-1476912-Q1C3S3)

2018-3-22
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hate to hear this.  I had a very similar issue.  Received a replacement, launched it and it hovered for about 30 seconds before a motor failed and crashed to the ground.  I just boxed it up and they had a new one in my hands in less than 7 days.  Was I happy about the two drone replacement ...no.  But what can you do but just give it all up.  I will have to say DJI did everything to satisfy me.  Called me every other day while the drone was being replaced letting me know what was going on.  Things are just fine now..but it was a rough start.
2018-3-22
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

The admins here are very good about helping folks in these situatitions.
2018-3-22
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.3

Philippines

Since you mentioned it was a Brand new Phantom  DJI has a 15 day return/replacement rule which you can get a replacement or return your drone if it has a product issue only if you purchased it via dji store. There is also 30 day period if you purchase it on amazon. So on the 15 days you got your drone activated 1st day you tested the drone and it was faulty you could have requested a direct replacement or return for it. UNLESS you found out about this after the 15 day replacement/return period which  the result of this will be a warranty repair. Please refer to this reference:  https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer
2018-3-22
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.3

Philippines

Since you mentioned it was a Brand new Phantom  DJI has a 15 day return/replacement rule which you can get a replacement or return your drone if it has a product issue only if you purchased it via dji store. There is also 30 day period if you purchase it on amazon. So on the 15 days you got your drone activated 1st day you tested the drone and it was faulty you could have requested a direct replacement or return for it. UNLESS you found out about this after the 15 day replacement/return period which  the result of this will be a warranty repair. Please refer to this reference:  https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer
2018-3-22
Use props
PhilJohnson
lvl.1

Arcobaleno Reborn Posted at 2018-3-22 12:51
Since you mentioned it was a Brand new Phantom  DJI has a 15 day return/replacement rule which you can get a replacement or return your drone if it has a product issue only if you purchased it via dji store. There is also 30 day period if you purchase it on amazon. So on the 15 days you got your drone activated 1st day you tested the drone and it was faulty you could have requested a direct replacement or return for it. UNLESS you found out about this after the 15 day replacement/return period which  the result of this will be a warranty repair. Please refer to this reference:  https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer

Oh wow I had no idea! DJI knew about it before the 15 day period but didn't offer that.  Good to know for the future I guess
2018-3-22
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.3

Philippines

PhilJohnson Posted at 2018-3-22 13:10
Oh wow I had no idea! DJI knew about it before the 15 day period but didn't offer that.  Good to know for the future I guess

Yes however this applies for US customers purchased while in the US. I cannot see your country so if you are not in the US You need to clarify this to their support team
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Phil, your situation has fulfilled us with regretful, sincerely sorry for your difficulties. However, according to the Aftersales policy, you need to send the drone in for diagnosing first, and we are not able to send an exchange before we receive your drone and finish the case progress. Regarding your request for the gift, I will forward this request to the designated team to see if there is anything we can help.
2018-3-22
Use props
PhilJohnson
lvl.1

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-22 20:23
Phil, your situation has fulfilled us with regretful, sincerely sorry for your difficulties. However, according to the Aftersales policy, you need to send the drone in for diagnosing first, and we are not able to send an exchange before we receive your drone and finish the case progress. Regarding your request for the gift, I will forward this request to the designated team to see if there is anything we can help.

Thank you, appreciate the response. I sent in the drone yesterday under the new case number above.  Thanks again.
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PhilJohnson Posted at 2018-3-23 07:47
Thank you, appreciate the response. I sent in the drone yesterday under the new case number above.  Thanks again.

The local team will take care after the unit arrives. You can also check the case status from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace Feel free to contact us if there are any further questions.
2018-3-23
Use props
PhilJohnson
lvl.1

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-22 20:23

I did receive my drone back today - but my request to include DJI care refresh or replace with a new drone were ignored. Who can help take care of me here?

If DJI had replaced with a new drone - as I was in first 15 days of purchase - this would not have been an issue, but this was never offered from the beginning.
2018-4-3
Use props
PhilJohnson
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-23 19:56
The local team will take care after the unit arrives. You can also check the case status from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace Feel free to contact us if there are any further questions.

I did receive my drone back today - but my request to include DJI care refresh or replace with a new drone were ignored. Who can help take care of me here?

If DJI had replaced with a new drone - as I was in first 15 days of purchase - this would not have been an issue, but this was never offered from the beginning.
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

PhilJohnson Posted at 2018-4-3 22:10

Sorry for the inconvenience. I will forward to the management team to confirm again.
2018-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules