Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Buy your DJI Products Now
1253 17 2018-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

If you live in the USA but your drones now, new import tariff going into effect against China and you know who will bear the cost of that!

Earlier, an administration official briefing reporters said up to $50 billion in Chinese imports would be affected.
2018-3-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That should do wonders for karma....
2018-3-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks to mr T....
2018-3-22
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.3

Philippines

Wait if we purchase spark 399 on dji store they will deliver it to a US address from a Us dji manufacturing factory will the price be added on the website?
2018-3-22
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Arcobaleno Reborn Posted at 2018-3-22 11:53
Wait if we purchase spark 399 on dji store they will deliver it to a US address from a Us dji manufacturing factory will the price be added on the website?

I would assume any tariff imposed (if any) on DJI products will be added to the price of units shipping to the USA via a duty or custom tax.
2018-3-22
Use props
Arcobaleno Reborn
lvl.3

Philippines

QuadKid Posted at 2018-3-22 12:55
I would assume any tariff imposed (if any) on DJI products will be added to the price of units shipping to the USA via a duty or custom tax.

sucks this is bad news
2018-3-22
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Exactly what I thought of when I heard this.. SMH
2018-3-22
Use props
GoldenSun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

When will it go live if I may say so?
2018-3-22
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

GoldenSun Posted at 2018-3-22 14:49
When will it go live if I may say so?

For steel and aluminium tomorrow - the 23rd March 2018. ... But ... with Trump nothing is ever certain... as there are exemptions. The EU just had a meeting about it all and there could be counter tariffs rolled out. Great, just what we don't all need - another global recession!
Oh and the 'China tariffs' signing today (22nd) was only an intent - there will be 'consulation period' to draw up a list of products - and as yet, for an unspecifed period of time.
2018-3-22
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2018-3-22 15:40
For steel and aluminium tomorrow - the 23rd March 2018. ... But ... with Trump nothing is ever certain... as there are exemptions. The EU just had a meeting about it all and there could be counter tariffs rolled out. Great, just what we don't all need - another global recession!
Oh and the 'China tariffs' signing today (22nd) was only an intent - there will be 'consulation period' to draw up a list of products - and as yet, for an unspecifed period of time.

FYI. the retail price of steel rebar has be going up about 10% per week for the past 3+ weeks where I work and we am being told, supply is limited so we can not sell in quantity and can only sell what is in stock cause distributer can not guarantee delivery of more product. It is my understanding that the tariff  was done to help the steel Industry, but what I have heard, the steel industry does not plan to gear up their manufacturing plants to cover the short fall of steel from china until they see the price of steel go a lot higher and stay up, to justify restarting their plants. My feeling is that the  American people are going to be the only ones suffering from this action.
2018-3-23
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-22 11:17

That would be the case if GoPro had continued with Karma. They have binned the whole drone market -

https://www.theregister.co.uk/20 ... amid_sales_warning/

Just can't compete without dropping out of the sky......Saying that, so do DJI craft reading the posts. Never had an issue with that through 6 or 7 craft now.
2018-3-23
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2018-3-22 15:40
Oh and the 'China tariffs' signing today (22nd) was only an intent - there will be 'consulation period' to draw up a list of products - and as yet, for an unspecifed period of time.

I hate getting political. (But since you brought it up! ....) president "clueless" tossed another distraction to his basket of gullibles.  The only thing is certain is there will be a reversal as soon as Fox tells how how it should happen. (wink)  
I don't think we'll be seeing any affect on DJI stuff for some time.  It's more likely to affect things that have wider/broader consumer demand.
2018-3-23
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-22 11:17

(snicker) (snark)  ... weren't Karma's manufactured in China ?

howz THAT for 'karma'  ( small " k " intended )  
2018-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

WebParrot Posted at 2018-3-23 06:19
(snicker) (snark)  ... weren't Karma's manufactured in China ?

Oh if only they were, they may still be up in the sky, maybe North Korea......
2018-3-23
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
United Kingdom

WebParrot Posted at 2018-3-23 06:17
I hate getting political. (But since you brought it up! ....) president "clueless" tossed another distraction to his basket of gullibles.  The only thing is certain is there will be a reversal as soon as Fox tells how how it should happen. (wink)  
I don't think we'll be seeing any affect on DJI stuff for some time.  It's more likely to affect things that have wider/broader consumer demand.

Quite - but with Donald in the driving seat anything's possible. No real skin in that game  - just always got an eye on which way the wind blows... lessons of a drone pilot.  ;-)
2018-3-23
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
United Kingdom

WebParrot Posted at 2018-3-23 06:17
I hate getting political. (But since you brought it up! ....) president "clueless" tossed another distraction to his basket of gullibles.  The only thing is certain is there will be a reversal as soon as Fox tells how how it should happen. (wink)  
I don't think we'll be seeing any affect on DJI stuff for some time.  It's more likely to affect things that have wider/broader consumer demand.

I think DJI have a base price and will have a matrix of prices based on market, local taxes and exchange rate etc. I've noticed with DJI, the prices only change when they have a promotion on, or expecting an announcement and release of a commentator product. So the 'best price' will always just be 'the one you can afford right now'.
2018-3-23
Use props
ny300z
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

haha oh boy here we go. Well at the end of the day I love the USA way more then my dji drone so whatever is best for this country is what I am about.

2018-3-23
Use props
ChaosKnign
lvl.4
Flight distance : 402877 ft
United States

I'm with ny300z on this one. Maybe an American company will step up and fill in the holes this causes, which then ends up in drones that I can actually use to work on government contracts. xD

I love the doomsday, end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it emotional sentiments political decisions have on people in this country. Just like Net Neutrality repeal... "End of the Internet as we know it!"... indeed.
Deal. With. It.
2018-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules