Can"t connect my spark to the wifi
19837 11 2018-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jasonm
New

Hi, please pllease help.

Very new to this. Just picked up the drone today and I think i've made a right mess of the set up.

All was fine until i started the firmware update from my phone and the app. then nothing was happing as my battery onthe phone was around 17%. i then went to charge my phone up, but for some reason thought i'd switch the drone off as well!!

I got the phone over the 50% charge, tried again to connect the drone to the wifi, but when it asks for the password, it say its not reconised.

I've even updated the firmware through my mac, but still i can't get the drone to connect via wifi and my phone - please help

Jason
2018-3-22
Use props
RjMllr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

Did you already tried to reset the WIFI settings to factory default? Spark should be ON (one press + one long press until the fans kick in), then long press it until you hear 3 beeps. Maybe this will help, but try on your own risk
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Jasonm, if the app showed your password was wrong, please try to reset the wifi. What is the model of your mobile device? Please follow the video and keep us updated.

2018-3-22
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Just to be on the safe side you should probably wait until all three (phone, RC, Spark) are above 50% power, preferably 100% on each.
2018-3-22
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-3-22 19:51
Just to be on the safe side you should probably wait until all three (phone, RC, Spark) are above 50% power, preferably 100% on each.

The WiFi name of the RC should be listed on your WiFi choices. If you see both the RC and Spark then you have to bind the Spark to the RC then connect RC to your smart device. You can do this by pressing and holding the Spark button three times.
2018-3-22
Use props
jasonm
New
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-22 18:37
Jasonm, if the app showed your password was wrong, please try to reset the wifi. What is the model of your mobile device? Please follow the video and keep us updated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwAVJSbO8Ek&t=1s

Thanksfor your help. It worked last night, then tried agin this morning. So i tried resetting my network settings on my phone, it searched, found the spark and then accepted the password

However, it still said to check router, but i went back to the app, scanned the qr code and... from there who knows what happens, but it connected and worked again!!!

Hopefully it will be simplier and will work later... watch this space
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

jasonm Posted at 2018-3-23 03:53
Thanksfor your help. It worked last night, then tried agin this morning. So i tried resetting my network settings on my phone, it searched, found the spark and then accepted the password

However, it still said to check router, but i went back to the app, scanned the qr code and... from there who knows what happens, but it connected and worked again!!!

Glad you solve it. Please contact us if you encounter new problem. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-28
Use props
Alexa Riccio
New

United States

I am trying to link up my spark drone to my phone and I'm following all the steps and for whatever reason my drone will not connect to the wifi. It scans properly and then says it can not be found. I manually enter everything and if still can not be found. I don't know what else I can do.
2019-1-25
Use props
djiuser_bWprh2GpfFz9
New

Australia

RjMllr Posted at 2018-3-22 18:04
Did you already tried to reset the WIFI settings to factory default? Spark should be ON (one press + one long press until the fans kick in), then long press it until you hear 3 beeps. Maybe this will help, but try on your own risk

Thankyou so much I was stressed I got a faulty one, Thankyou
2019-8-21
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

djiuser_bWprh2GpfFz9 Posted at 8-21 17:09
Thankyou so much I was stressed I got a faulty one, Thankyou

I was worried about that too.

Turns out my phone was faulty.

My phone is now worth more than my car.
2019-8-22
Use props
djiuser_THuCVr9St7oD
New

United States

Hi, I'm having this issue with my dji spark. It started when I tried connecting to my friends controller. He had changed his controller info and didnt know the password. Now my drones wifi seems to be named after the controllers and I cant seem to reset the password or name by doing the 3 beeps hold. Any other ways to reset the info?
2020-1-13
Use props
DJI-RAY
lvl.1
Austria

RjMllr Posted at 2018-3-22 18:04
Did you already tried to reset the WIFI settings to factory default? Spark should be ON (one press + one long press until the fans kick in), then long press it until you hear 3 beeps. Maybe this will help, but try on your own risk

Thank you this fixed it for me.
2020-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules