Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Part of roll motor in frame Samsung S7
2552 20 2018-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Krayh
lvl.1

Hi,

I just purchased the dji osmo mobile 2. But when I take pictures or movies, part of the roll motor is in the frame??? I see that my phone is in the supported devices list so how can this be???

Roll Motor in Screen

Roll Motor in Screen
2018-3-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, please ensure that you mount your phone in the right way. Here is the video for your reference.
2018-3-22
Use props
Krayh
lvl.1
Netherlands

I've done that ofcourse the phone is the holder as shown in the video...
2018-3-23
Use props
Krayh
lvl.1

There must be more people with this phone on this forum no?  If I move the second axis a bit more to the left, the roll motor is out of the screen but then the osmo isnt calibrated any more???
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Krayh Posted at 2018-3-23 22:38
There must be more people with this phone on this forum no?  If I move the second axis a bit more to the left, the roll motor is out of the screen but then the osmo isnt calibrated any more???

By ''the osmo isn't calibrated any more'' do you mean the gimbal cannot be balanced if you move the axis a bot more to the left? May I have a short video about the issue? Thank you very much.
2018-3-26
Use props
Krayh
lvl.1

I mean the If i move it to much to the left, it can not be balanced any more. I'll try later to get it on video.
2018-3-26
Use props
grkfire
lvl.4
Flight distance : 132516 ft
United States

Krayh Posted at 2018-3-26 06:55
I mean the If i move it to much to the left, it can not be balanced any more. I'll try later to get it on video.

I too have this same problem.  Happened on the Samsung S8 (supported device) and now my S9.  Only flashlight mode works to keep it out of the frame.  
2018-3-27
Use props
Krayh
lvl.1

grkfire Posted at 2018-3-27 09:05
I too have this same problem.  Happened on the Samsung S8 (supported device) and now my S9.  Only flashlight mode works to keep it out of the frame.

Really even the S8 and S9 too? This is getting ridiculous, how are these devices supported then? They must have had the roll motor in their video test as well???
2018-3-27
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Move the device a small cm to the left... rebalance ... PROFIT!
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

We have reported the issue to our engineers for further analysis, sorry for the inconvenience caused, I will come back to you guys once I get any feedback, thanks for your patience.
2018-3-29
Use props
Krayh
lvl.1

Nees Posted at 2018-3-29 01:54
Move the device a small cm to the left... rebalance ... PROFIT!

That wont work! Phone has to touch the arm otherwise it wont balance properly and sometimes will make weird noises and jitters...
2018-3-29
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Krayh Posted at 2018-3-29 02:26
That wont work! Phone has to touch the arm otherwise it wont balance properly and sometimes will make weird noises and jitters...

No problem here, but the noise you discribe is what I have when moved to much to the left and WITH A PHONECOVER! Hope you are not using a phonecover?
And no, it doesnt' need to touch it. How else will you charge your phone while using it. You would have to move it to put the cable in.

Check mn feedback op tweakers
2018-3-29
Use props
Krayh
lvl.1

No I'm not using a phone cover. I'll try to make a video what happens if you move it much to the left. And indeed you should be able to connect the cable while filming, I'll try that next.
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks for your patience, I have verified with our engineers, because of the hardware limitation, it may happen to some mobile phones, please move the mobile phone a little bit until there is no Roll axis in the frame, the gimbal may be a little bit slant, but it will be fine after you switch on.
2018-4-2
Use props
VLOGNOSIS
lvl.3
United States

I experienced the same issue. You see the motor in the corner of every shot.
2018-4-18
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
France

The S7 can be easily balanced with a gap to stop the motor arm being in the shot. I've found that if you don't take your time balancing, you will get the 'jitters' - so try not to rush it. I found out the hard way...  
20180423_185027-01.jpeg
2018-4-24
Use props
Krayh
lvl.1

Exactly you get the jitters... you have to be very precise! I've sold my osmo2 and I went with zhiyun smooth 4! Bye Bye DJI!!!!
2018-4-24
Use props
PedalingDuo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31896 ft
United States

Krayh Posted at 2018-3-27 23:50
Really even the S8 and S9 too? This is getting ridiculous, how are these devices supported then? They must have had the roll motor in their video test as well???

I have the S9 Plus and it is not a problem.  The S9 Plus is a little longer and that may be why it works for me.
2018-4-29
Use props
Phil Mountain
lvl.2
Flight distance : 732326 ft
United Kingdom

I've just received my new Osmo Moibile 2 and I use a Galaxy S7 (not edge) and have exactly the same problem. I've managed to resolve it the same way as kbm79 but I'm not very happy about this at all. It strongly suggests that DJI designed the OM2 in collaboration with a phone manufacturer of the fruity kind? Can DJI resolve the issue with updates to the DJI GO app?
2018-4-29
Use props
kbm79
lvl.3
France

Most, if not all, equipment designed for 'smartphones' are really deisgned for the iPhone, with Android treated as second class...

Its frustraiting yet Apple has one system, android has so many different variations. Other gimbals like the Smooth 4 - again, iPhone first. The Movi Freefly Cinema Robot is exclusively Apple - and no plans for Android. Ever!

As for the gap; (with the S7 or other phone) - the good thing is it may allow for a external mic input via the head phone socket, i need to test it to see if the weight makes a huge difference, but the potential is there.
2018-4-30
Use props
Chris Germany
lvl.1

Hello from Germany. I also have the same problem. The engine is shown in the picture when my Galaxy S9 is correctly leveled. But if I push it to the left, then the engine is out of the picture. BUT: because the engine then has to work a lot, it gets very hot and after a while I get a warning on the display. I am very disappointed with DJI.
2018-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules