Mavic Air, iOS 11.2.6, dji go4 4.2.6 no option to update to 4.2.8
983 11 2018-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thoarax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 488484 ft
United States

As per title , I was wondering if anyone has had an issue trying to get the 4.2.8 update. I see the new version number listed in version history, but no options to download it, it just says open and when I do it opens the app, I check the version number and it’s still 4.2.6. I tried on both my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 both set to auto update all my apps.

Any suggestions?...If I delete the app and reinstall will I lose all my flight records?

All firmware is up to date.
2018-3-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Updated yesterday on my iPhone 7 plus with no issues.
2018-3-23
Use props
Thoarax
lvl.3
United States

*solved* turned auto app update from on to off back to on again and it popped up.
2018-3-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thoarax Posted at 2018-3-23 05:24
*solved* turned auto app update from on to off back to on again and it popped up.

Glad you sorted it!     
2018-3-23
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

I like the fact that the GO4 app does not show up on my iDevices in the auto update screen, because, I don't want to have them updated without my decision to do so. I will always wait a few days to see if there is a problem with the update version before I down load it and when I do it I will only do it on one device at a time, leaving the working, older version of the app on my second device so if there should be a problem with the update (god forbid) I will still be able to fly my Mavic. To update in this manner, I will sync the flight records on both devices before updating, manually delete the app on one device, reboot that device to clear all stray bits and bites, go to the App Store and install the new GO4 app, sign it up again and sync the flight logs. So, now, one of my devices is update and one is not. If I can fly ok with the updated device, then I will eventually sync and update the second device. Never, Never be in a hurry to update, especially if your current setup is working just fine. Too many times in the past, there were problems with the update and people could fly until things got fixed. As for this current update, I have decided NOT to update my Mavic, since there doesn't seem to be anything there for it, only the Air. And I had a nice long flight yesterday, making a 11+ minute video with not problems, so I felt, why should I screw up a good thing.
2018-3-23
Use props
Thoarax
lvl.3
United States

Good tips, thanks.
2018-3-23
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft

*solved* turned auto app update from on to off back to on again and it popped up.

I have the same exact problem.
Where is the auto app update? I couldn’t find it.
2018-3-24
Use props
Thoarax
lvl.3
United States

Settings: iTunes & App stores, you should see  Apps and Updates under the Automatic Downloads. I just turned those off and back on.
2018-3-25
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft

Thoarax Posted at 2018-3-25 05:25
Settings: iTunes & App stores, you should see  Apps and Updates under the Automatic Downloads. I just turned those off and back on.

Thanks.
I had the auto updates disabled. Tried enabling it and re disabling it but the App Store still doesn’t let me download the new version...
2018-3-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

nywrecker Posted at 2018-3-25 05:56
Thanks.
I had the auto updates disabled. Tried enabling it and re disabling it but the App Store still doesn’t let me download the new version...

What's the current version of your APP? The IOS V4.2.8 has been released at a staged rollout, it may appear later in some devices. Also, you can backup all data and reinstall the APP to see whether it works.
2018-3-25
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

*solved* turned auto app update from on to off back to on again and it popped up.

In the app store on your phone under the Updates tab, in the future if it isn't showing, just drag the screen down with your finger and it will force it to refresh and go look for all the latest updates that are available for your apps.  I do this quite frequently when I'm looking for a specific app upgrade that I know is available but isn't showing yet.  In fact I did this for the DJI Go 4 app on the day it was released.

I find this much easier than having to go to the Settings and turning stuff off and back on again.

This is a common method in a lot of iOS apps for refreshing and getting the latest details.

2018-3-25
Use props
Thoarax
lvl.3
United States

Next time, thanks for the tip.
Also, really like your vids on YouTube.
2018-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now