Litchi lets old and new drones use the same thing

So both old and new are possible on dji go 4
2018-3-23
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I ran into an issue with my carrier and extra data charges due to GO 4 being so large and almost eats 1 GB of my 2 GB data monthly allowance.  Their suggestion (More of a warning!) was to find a WiFi spot and download it and not use the cellular tower to the iPad to keep from going the over data cap limit on the iPad's SIM cellular connection.

GO 4 needs a haircut badly!  Get rid of the editor part and make it a separate app, and maybe one for the Apple Mac and WIndows 10 desktops or laptops as the files are too big to edit well on small devices.  Move the Simulator for the smaller drones to an extra app as well.

Maybe make GO 4 a primary app, and then download the modules for whatever drone is used within it.  Much like what DxO does for their editing software where the camera and lenses are downloaded into it separately depending on what the owner has to keep the basic program smaller.  Might make it easier to get an update to a particular drone too instead of a huge GO file that might introduce some other issues like inability to download in the field without incurring some extra charges and installation waiting time.

2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-3-23 05:53
I ran into an issue with my carrier and extra data charges due to GO 4 being so large and almost eats 1 GB of my 2 GB data monthly allowance.  Their suggestion (More of a warning!) was to find a WiFi spot and download it and not use the cellular tower to the iPad to keep from going the over data cap limit on the iPad's SIM cellular connection.

GO 4 needs a haircut badly!  Get rid of the editor part and make it a separate app, and maybe one for the Apple Mac and WIndows 10 desktops or laptops as the files are too big to edit well on small devices.  Move the Simulator for the smaller drones to an extra app as well.

Thanks for sharing with us your thought and suggestion about the APP, I will transfer it to our engineers for consideration in the future development, we will also keep improving our APP to make you have a more pleasant experience.
2018-3-23
Use props
djiuser_dFXv88EjMq36
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-23 20:32
Thanks for sharing with us your thought and suggestion about the APP, I will transfer it to our engineers for consideration in the future development, we will also keep improving our APP to make you have a more pleasant experience.

Need panorama mode on the older model so we dont have to use litchi
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_dFXv88EjMq36 Posted at 2018-3-23 22:48
Need panorama mode on the older model so we dont have to use litchi

Suggestion received with thanks, we will forward it to our engineers, thanks for your attention.
2018-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules