MAVIC AIR maximum speed in P-Mode
7003 11 2018-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ihtiander Aowd
New

Latvia

Hi.
In MA manual is written that in P-mode, the drone maximum speed is up to 25 km/h.
When I fly w/o intellectual modes, I can not reach speed more than 10 km/h.In ACTIVE TRACK (TRACE) - 10 km/h max.
In ACTIVE TRACK (PROFILE) - behind me - 10 km/h, in front of me - 6 km/h and from the sides ONLY - 25 km/h.

In S-MODE MA reach speed up to 65 km/h.

So the question is -  should my MA fly with mentioned speeds in mentioned modes or it is malfunction or some settings must be changed or something else ?

BR

Alex   

2018-3-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flight restrictions in intelligent flight modes it typical in all dJI drones for added safety.
2018-3-23
Use props
Ihtiander Aowd
New

Latvia

A CW Posted at 2018-3-23 05:47
Flight restrictions in intelligent flight modes it typical in all dJI drones for added safety.

Thanx for prompt reply.
So in INTELLIGENT FLIGHT MODES,  mentioned speeds are not malfunction.
What about flights w/o INTELLIGENT MODES ? There are the same speed - 10km/h.

BR

Alex
2018-3-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ihtiander Aowd Posted at 2018-3-23 05:52
Thanx for prompt reply.
So in INTELLIGENT FLIGHT MODES,  mentioned speeds are not malfunction.
What about flights w/o INTELLIGENT MODES ? There are the same speed - 10km/h.

Using my MPP the drone will return to home and fly in p-mode at 22MPH. In P-mode with obstacle avoidance turned off the speed is up to 36MPH and over 40MPH when flown in sport mode. You can adjust the speed settings on the MPP when using different flight modes such as quick shots and active track.
If you fly the Mavic Air manually in p-mode the drone will fly faster than using intelligent flight modes as you have more control over the drone. Turn off obstacle avoidance to increase the speed even more but be mindful that the drone will not auto detect obstacles so ensure you are high enough to clear any tress etc. if you decide to turn off OA. It will be slower than sport mode but the yaw will be more controlled and you won't deplete the battery as fast.
2018-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-3-23 05:56
Using my MPP the drone will return to home and fly in p-mode at 22MPH. In P-mode with obstacle avoidance turned off the speed is up to 36MPH and over 40MPH when flown in sport mode. You can adjust the speed settings on the MPP when using different flight modes such as quick shots and active track.
If you fly the Mavic Air manually in p-mode the drone will fly faster than using intelligent flight modes as you have more control over the drone. Turn off obstacle avoidance to increase the speed even more but be mindful that the drone will not auto detect obstacles so ensure you are high enough to clear any tress etc. if you decide to turn off OA. It will be slower than sport mode but the yaw will be more controlled and you won't deplete the battery as fast.

You can also increase speed in RTH mode with OA on by pushing forward on elevator stick, you cannot change heading.
2018-3-23
Use props
Ihtiander Aowd
New

Latvia

A CW Posted at 2018-3-23 05:56
Using my MPP the drone will return to home and fly in p-mode at 22MPH. In P-mode with obstacle avoidance turned off the speed is up to 36MPH and over 40MPH when flown in sport mode. You can adjust the speed settings on the MPP when using different flight modes such as quick shots and active track.

If I understood you correct - with turned ON obstacle avoidance option, in P-MODE, drone will never fly faster than 10 km/h ? If I will turn off obstacle avoidance option in P-MODE/INTELLIGENT/ACTIVE TRACK/TRACE or PROFILE - I will get more speed and MA will follow my bycicle or fly in front of them with speed till 25 km/h ?
2018-3-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ihtiander Aowd Posted at 2018-3-23 06:07
If I understood you correct - with turned ON obstacle avoidance option, in P-MODE, drone will never fly faster than 10 km/h ? If I will turn off obstacle avoidance option in P-MODE/INTELLIGENT/ACTIVE TRACK/TRACE or PROFILE - I will get more speed and MA will follow my bycicle or fly in front of them with speed till 25 km/h ?

Turning off OA in p-mode when flying manually will for sure - not the intelligent modes though.
2018-3-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-23 06:06
You can also increase speed in RTH mode with OA on by pushing forward on elevator stick, you cannot change heading.

That is true too
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Alex, sufficient lighting conditions and large stick movements are required to get high speeds in P mode if the VPS sensors are enabled. You can refer the screenshot from the User Manual.
Flight Modes.png
2018-3-25
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-23 06:06
You can also increase speed in RTH mode with OA on by pushing forward on elevator stick, you cannot change heading.

Pushing fwd on the fwd stick (in lieu elevator stick?)
2019-3-17
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

My maximum speed to date (in P mode with obstacle avoidance on) is 19.8 mph (approx 31.9 kph). Obviously sport mode will be faster, just haven’t gotten up the nerve yet!
2019-3-17
Use props
Alex1976
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556867 ft
Italy

I always get about 28-30 km/h in P-Mode. With OA activated.
2019-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules