Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Quick shoot..Extreme wind 20 mph +..Car show video with I1
2129 5 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Colonel Angus
Second Officer

United States

Wind was steady at 20 mph gusting to 25 and I still was able to get some footage via the inspire.
This could by all means be considered a no fly day but the inspire 1 came thru !
I fly very cautiously and keep every thing to a minimum as this was all shot on the old firmware before the update the next day after this mini shoot.
BTW FW update went without a hitch bird fly better than ever via the new firmware tested it yesterday after this shoot.

I literally pulled the I1 out of its case checked all stats .then launched..
I normally would not do that but all went well and I was some what happy as I prepped at home before the shoot hoping all was good for a fast shoot.

The crowd freaked out when the drone flew into sight ,very cool..

Shot in log with filter in GPS mode only ( TY JIm Hare ) haven't enhanced the video one bit ,also the last min or two was shot by a cam phone and I added it to the edit. That will explain the crappy resolution the last mins of the video.

Now if the wind was down and I had more prep time this would have turned out much nicer.
May 15th I have a all day shoot at a SCCA race in Wisconsin @ the Milwaukee Mile so more to come.
Yeah that's my buddy(Ricky Bobby) Yep that's his real name in the red supercharged RT challenger.
I'm in the black 700 + hp Supercharged Challenger Hellcat at the end of the video blowing off steam after a long winter.

Much more to come as I'm taking baby steps with this investment and all has been good so far.
Lots to learn and apply for sure.

Video rough....
2015-5-6
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Good stuff, looks like fun!

Check your white balance settings in the camera.  For best results leave White Balance on AUTO and use MANUAL for all the color and other settings.   

The color temperature looks really low, like it's set to indoors or something.   Outside it should be around 5500 kelvin for daylight.
2015-5-6
Use props
Colonel Angus
Second Officer

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-5-7 06:20
Good stuff, looks like fun!

Check your white balance settings in the camera.  For best results leav ...

Ty my friend I was hoping to hear from you and Im on it asap too see how I jibbered the settings..lol
I suspect I did something a week ago or so That I hadn't revised before this mini shoot.

It was a out the trunk and launch shoot ,and trust is building in this air craft with each flight/

Many Tys Jim!
2015-5-6
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-5-7 07:15
Ty my friend I was hoping to hear from you and Im on it asap too see how I jibbered the settings.. ...

Any time Colonel!    It's easy to fix color balance in post so your footage is fine, but always best to shoot with the correct "everything" at the time.

Make a point of checking your monitor during shooting.   If it doesn't look right on the screen chances are you don't have something set correctly.

For White Balance this means your picture will look unusually BLUE or BROWNY-YELLOW.   BLUEISH is a sign that you are shooting outdoors with the indoor setting and YELLOWISH is the opposite, probably shooting indoors with the outdoor setting.

Best results come from White Balance set to AUTO.

Other than that just look out for exposure.   Use the histogram and exposure warning and get it as bright as you can without getting more than a couple of zebra lines in the brightest spots.
2015-5-6
Use props
Colonel Angus
Second Officer

United States

Jim that's great advice and I cant wait to put it to us asap ....
Im firing up the bird and rechecking my settings this evening man what a great help you  are as I cant Ty enough SUH.

Ill let yah know what I find if possible as I know for a fact I was in the setting and would put money I toggled off auto on the white balance.

Many thanks Comrades.
2015-5-6
Use props
Colonel Angus
Second Officer

United States

You pegged it Jim had the white balance set to manual
I added a bit of saturation and brightened up the video its processing now

I need a good editing suite Stat!!
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced