Video feed
Home / TELLO /
17627 20 2018-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oic
lvl.1

hi,

Is it possible to get access to the video feed from  the Tello? I’m interested in doing video processing on the fly I.e. not on recorded video

Thanks!
2018-3-23
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hi,sorry that it is impossible to get access to the videos in the fly. Tello actually does't have live view feature.
2018-3-24
Use props
Oic
lvl.1

RYZE Posted at 2018-3-24 21:09
Hi,sorry that it is impossible to get access to the videos in the fly. Tello actually does't have live view feature.

That is very disappointing. Since the video is sent to the app for live display, it should not be hard to share it in the sdk. Having access to the video would allow users to do all sort of cool stuff..
2018-3-25
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Hi, that’s an awesome idea! We’re not working on that at the moment but I’ll pitch it to the team and see what they think. Thanks for your feedback!
2018-3-30
Use props
Oic
lvl.1

United States

That would be great! Users could program it to follow them as a pet, or follow a road, fly through hoops, etc. It would be a great motivation tool for kids also. Think for example how much the LEGO's  mindstorm does motivate early programming. I really look forward to have access to the video feed !
2018-3-30
Use props
deadprogram
New

United States

RYZE Posted at 2018-3-30 03:28
Hi, that’s an awesome idea! We’re not working on that at the moment but I’ll pitch it to the team and see what they think. Thanks for your feedback!

Hi there, Ryze.

This is a rather crucial feature, and since the mobile app already does allow viewing the live stream from the drone, should probably be just providing some basic documentation to developers like us.

Please, and thank you!
2018-3-31
Use props
dji46
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3622 ft
Croatia

Hi there Ryze,

Just echoing the views of other developers. By making the DJI SDK available to developers they open up the way for many apps to be developed for their drones.

I would love to have access to the video feed and start working on applications that can push the boundaries. The Tello is perfect for what I have in mind.
2018-4-2
Use props
fanscbb82d58
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46637 ft
Ireland

Hi, that’s an awesome idea! We’re not working on that at the moment but I’ll pitch it to the team and see what they think. Thanks for your feedback!

Hi Ryze,
this would be an excellent feature and allow us to close the control loop and develop a proper drone autopilot. Normally drones are using RTSP to send the video to the app, so all we need is which URL it is being sent on. This capability would enable us to use openCV and other robotics libraries and make the Tello appeal to a much greater robotics community.
2018-4-3
Use props
Chainsaw76
New

United States

Has anyone tried the default RTSP port 544?

I agree this is important to expose to developers.

-Jason
2018-4-19
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Given the Tello can hover well in place indoors for 12 minutes one would think live video streaming is an attractive feature.
2018-4-25
Use props
buurmeisje
New

Netherlands

Much wanted feature
2018-4-30
Use props
Peter Bennett
New

Much wanted feature, at the moment I am having to capture the video feed from an emulator on my pc
2018-5-1
Use props
rohhh
lvl.1

Germany

Yes, This is an important feature that can increase ever more the interest of the people that want to develop applications for the Tello. If it is working in the Tello app maybe is not difficult to share this feature with your users.
2018-5-3
Use props
hblanken
lvl.1

Australia

+1 Doing some deep dives I believe Tello communicates on UDP port 8889 for navigation and UDP port 6038 for video. I think tello is transmitting like standard DJI raw h264 so someone just needs to tell us how to decode this video stream in python ffmpeg? Anyone?
2018-5-5
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Hi, that’s an awesome idea! We’re not working on that at the moment but I’ll pitch it to the team and see what they think. Thanks for your feedback!

Hi Ryze

Is there any news under the hood in regards to receive the video stream on a alternative device?
Would be nice to have other watch along ex on a laptop and not need to have them hanging on the bag.
2018-7-18
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Your continued attention to Tello would be highly appreciated. In regard to living video issue, we are deeply sorry that there is no notice yet. To check if there is any new feature about Tello, you can also pay attention to release notes of the new version. Thanks for your support and have a great day!
2018-7-19
Use props
Oic
lvl.1

United States

RYZE Posted at 2018-7-19 00:27
Your continued attention to Tello would be highly appreciated. In regard to living video issue, we are deeply sorry that there is no notice yet. To check if there is any new feature about Tello, you can also pay attention to release notes of the new version. Thanks for your support and have a great day!

Access to video feed is the most important feature for me, so I switched to a Parrot Mambo ...
2018-7-19
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

China

Oic Posted at 2018-7-19 04:53
Access to video feed is the most important feature for me, so I switched to a Parrot Mambo ...

This situation has filled us with regret, we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience you’ve been caused. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we're very glad to help.
2018-7-20
Use props
Kjetil Kjernsmo
New

Norway

I'm considering buying a Tello, seems like a very good piece of hardware, but I found this thread because I'd like to have the video feed too. Moreover, I'd like to just stream the video to the Internet in real-time. Surely, given the hardware, this should be possible to achieve in a firmware upgrade?

I think it would be great if the drone and the controller were both just clients in a Wifi LAN. Then, you could build a LAN of pretty much any size, and have control and video downlink for the entire area covered by that LAN. It would be great to document for example sports events, where you could use the drone to follow racers around and stream that video to spectators. That's my use case anyway.

So, Ryze, it would be great to hear if this could indeed by achieved in a firmware upgrade? Obviously, I don't take it as a commitment if you say yes, but it would be a good argument for the product if it could be done.
2018-8-18
Use props
Doug01n
New

Brazil

Take a look at Atello Pilot on google play store. Some developers are doing great apps for controlling Tello.
2018-8-21
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Kjetil Kjernsmo Posted at 2018-8-18 14:42
I'm considering buying a Tello, seems like a very good piece of hardware, but I found this thread because I'd like to have the video feed too. Moreover, I'd like to just stream the video to the Internet in real-time. Surely, given the hardware, this should be possible to achieve in a firmware upgrade?

I think it would be great if the drone and the controller were both just clients in a Wifi LAN. Then, you could build a LAN of pretty much any size, and have control and video downlink for the entire area covered by that LAN. It would be great to document for example sports events, where you could use the drone to follow racers around and stream that video to spectators. That's my use case anyway.

Sincerely sorry for unable to reply you in time Kjetil, thanks for your continued interesting in live streaming, which has been feedback to the engineer who would speculate the desirability. We are regret to inform that there is no notice if this feature would be added in the new firmware released in the future.
2018-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules