Mapping using the phantom 4 advanced
1682 5 2018-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans15b6ff4f
New

Australia

Hi All,
I was wondering whether I can set up a route prior to going on a field trip to map a area. I have the GPS points and the areas are only small 35x35 m. I want a 80 % overlap. I know there is programs out there, but they are very expensive. Does the DJI have something in their software or is there a software that doesn’t cost 200 a month?
2018-3-23
Use props
fans15b6ff4f
New

Australia

Mapping using the phantom 4 advanced

Hi All,
I was wondering whether I can set up a route prior to going on a field trip to map a area. I have the GPS points and the areas are only small 35x35 m. I want a 80 % overlap. I know there is programs out there, but they are very expensive. Does the DJI have something in their software or is there a software that doesn’t cost 200 a month?
2018-3-23
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft

litchi would probably be the best program for that, it only costs around $20.
2018-3-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The area you suggest is really too small for mapping.
It would only occupy a part of one image at a normal mapping altitude.
And at any altitude you could do it manually anyway.
Litchi is good for some things but useless for mapping.
If yo want to do real mapping, Just use DroneDeploy to do the flying and photographing.
You don't have to pay anything for that.
2018-3-23
Use props
fans15b6ff4f
New

Australia

Thanks! I’m using it in combination with a spectral camera and the flight altitude will be 5 to 10 meters. From this I gather that I’ll need an additional software-app to do any mapping. I also have 100-100 m plots I have to map. I’m just getting into this area so it’s a exploration journey at the moment.
2018-3-23
Use props
DroneMapper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6880 ft
United States

I would highly recommend Map Pilot of iOS. It has full off-line/off-grid mapping functions and is very well tested. Here is a link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ ... i/id1014765000?mt=8

We regularly use it to map large and small off-grid/out of range areas: https://dronemapper.com/remote-drone-mapping-grand-mesa-colorado/

Here are the exact versions we use on our Phantom 3:
Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware: 1.8.10
MapPilot Version: 1.5.0 build 031916
DJI Go App Version: 2.8.6
Ipad Mini4 iOS Version: 9.3.3

Thanks,
JP
2018-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules