Saving / Recording App settings
798 9 2018-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dp55
lvl.2
United States

I spent a bit setting up the App / Custom settings the way I would like them. Curious if there is a way to print
them out, export them, etc. for future refrence in case I use a new device?
Thanks!
2018-3-23
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

That's is a good question. Never thought to look at the files to see if they are stored there.
What I did was to type  out the complete settings, then printed them out and I carry a copy in my case.
Here are the documents I found stored on my iPad for the GO 4 APP. But the settings could be saved in the controller also.

2018-3-23
Use props
dp55
lvl.2

Hum... not sure get what your referring to ?
2018-3-23
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-23 14:09
That's is a good question. Never thought to look at the files to see if they are stored there.
What I did was to type  out the complete settings, then printed them out and I carry a copy in my case.
Here are the documents I found stored on my iPad for the GO 4 APP. But the settings could be saved in the controller also.

How did you get that list off the iPad. what is the "complete setting" string.
2018-3-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry that the settings cannot be exported since some are saved in the APP and some are saved in the flight controller.
2018-3-24
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-24 01:38
Sorry that the settings cannot be exported since some are saved in the APP and some are saved in the flight controller.

Thanks Mindy.

I kind of thought most flight  settings  would be saved it the controller.
2018-3-24
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

Locoman Posted at 2018-3-24 01:00
How did you get that list off the iPad. what is the "complete setting" string.

Don't know what "complete setting" is. I only looked at the flight data.

To get the list off the iPad:
You can go to iTunes , connect to the computer with your iPad (in my case Mini 4). Click on the Phone symbol. click on the App sharing file . It will bring up the apps on your phone. Find DJI GO 4 app and click on it and you should get all its files. Mainly the log files and flight records are the ones I look at.
2018-3-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

B1houdini Posted at 2018-3-24 08:46
Thanks Mindy.

I kind of thought most flight  settings  would be saved it the controller.

No, it depends, many settings actually are recorded and saved in flight controllers, therefore, it is hard to export the settings.
2018-3-25
Use props
dp55
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-24 01:38

Just wanted to know the best way to save everything I set up. I guess I could go in and take a photo of every screen of the setups. Seems like there would be an easier way. Just had another thought... is there some type of list that I could print out with all the settings / custom functions listed and I could then go in and fill out accordingly. ?
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dp55 Posted at 2018-3-26 07:32
Just wanted to know the best way to save everything I set up. I guess I could go in and take a photo of every screen of the setups. Seems like there would be an easier way. Just had another thought... is there some type of list that I could print out with all the settings / custom functions listed and I could then go in and fill out accordingly. ?

Currently, this is impossible, we have forwarded this suggestion to our engineers for consideration, I'm afraid the best way at the moment is to make a screenshot of every setting, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules