Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery discharge setting
5707 17 2018-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK team. I'm confident I know the answer, but I'll ask anyway.

Like for the Phantom 4 batteries, is there a "days to discharge" setting for the Mavic Air batteries? It doesn't appear on the GO 4 app. Alternatively, are they hard-set to auto-discharge after a prescribed number of days?

I went looking for the setting after I took my Air out for a flight on the Thursday, with all batteries having been charged on the Monday. But my three batteries were all 50% discharged - quite a coincidence... Fortunately I had my P4P with me (with all batteries set to discarge after 7 days, so all good).
2018-3-23
Use props
Strobing_NYC
First Officer
Flight distance : 3866470 ft

On the Mavic the setting is in the App under where battery information is. Not sure if the Mavic Air has the same settings it may not.
2018-3-23
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Strobing_NYC Posted at 2018-3-23 15:41
On the Mavic the setting is in the App under where battery information is. Not sure if the Mavic Air has the same settings it may not.

Yeah, thanks - that's where I expected to find it. But it's not there when connected to the Air.
2018-3-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

According to a thread last night, the AIR does not have the setting.  I don't know if the hardware is present in the battery and just needs to be activated by a firmware change or not.  It is fixed at 10 days if I remember correctly.
2018-3-23
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
France

No setting for the Air, its fixed at 10 days.
2018-3-23
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

OK. Thanks team. I hope that there is a possibility for DJI to address this - 10 days is too long for me knowing my usage patterns.
2018-3-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Punchbuggy, answers above are correct. Please refer to the manual below. auto disc.png
2018-3-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-25 19:58
Hi Punchbuggy, answers above are correct. Please refer to the manual below.[view_image]

OK. Thanks for all responses, team.

Thor, it'd be handy if the time to auto-discharge was configurable, like with the Phantom (and I think Mavic) batteries. Is it possible to enquire with the engineers as to whether that's possible with these batteries, if only to make the feature consistent across models?
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-3-26 17:44
OK. Thanks for all responses, team.

Thor, it'd be handy if the time to auto-discharge was configurable, like with the Phantom (and I think Mavic) batteries. Is it possible to enquire with the engineers as to whether that's possible with these batteries, if only to make the feature consistent across models?

Though I thought 10-day is good and suitable for every user, everyone has his own preference. Will forward to our engineers to see if they will take it into consideration. Thank you for your suggestion.
2018-3-28
Use props
Ceeps
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87441 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 3-25 19:58
Hi Punchbuggy, answers above are correct. Please refer to the manual below.[view_image]

i'm sure it used to have the function to discharge in the battery settings but its gone now
2018-11-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ceeps Posted at 11-18 09:01
i'm sure it used to have the function to discharge in the battery settings but its gone now

Hi Ceeps, you are referring that there is an option to set the auto-discharge time on the app, right? For Mavic Air, this option is not available, as mentioned above, the battery will be discharged 10 days' idling by default, it is not changeable. Thank you for your attention.
2018-11-19
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

Is this like the Mavic Pro batteries, when you press the button to check the charge level, this resets the discharge timer?
2018-11-19
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Punchbuggy Posted at 3-25 15:35
OK. Thanks team. I hope that there is a possibility for DJI to address this - 10 days is too long for me knowing my usage patterns.

Can you explain what difference it makes to you what the self discharge time is? I presume you fully charge the battery before the flight, so what is the problem.
2018-11-20
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Boffin Posted at 11-19 19:31
Is this like the Mavic Pro batteries, when you press the button to check the charge level, this resets the discharge timer?

Where is that information from?
2018-11-20
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

AlansDronePics Posted at 11-20 01:07
Where is that information from?

I remembered it from when DJI Ken posted it a few years ago Discharge Timer Reset
2018-11-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Boffin Posted at 11-19 19:31

Yes, that's consistent across DJI's smart batteries.
2018-11-20
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

AlansDronePics Posted at 11-20 01:06
Can you explain what difference it makes to you what the self discharge time is? I presume you fully charge the battery before the flight, so what is the problem.

It comes down to my usage pattern - I typically only fly on weekends.

The battery needs to discharge at some point to maintain useful life, but I'd rather have it do that when it suits me. I generally run my batteries to about 40% when flying (unless I'm doing a big video shoot), and fully charge them up when I return home. That way the batteries are ready for me to pick up my drone packs and walk out the door (after checking the battery levels). If I don't have anything on that weekend, that's when I'd prefer it to discharge i.e. after 6 or 7 days. But no biggee if it's set to 10 days really...
2018-11-20
Use props
TheVegeta1974
Captain
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

I never have that problem
2019-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules