Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Palawan Island Hopping - Aerial 4K
12Next >
4618 78 2018-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raincast
Captain
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hello all,

I’d love to share with you some airborne highlights of El Nido, Palawan! Of course, it’s definitely better in person so feel free to come and explore. If you can only visit one, though, I still recommend Coron, Palawan a bit more for reasons like Japanese shipwrecks and fish variety when snorkelling. I’m hoping you enjoy the video!

2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Wow, this place looks so beautiful! Thanks for the recommendation.
2018-3-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful location   
2018-3-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>

Looks like a fantastic place to be. Thanks for the share.
2018-3-24
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-23 22:53
Wow, this place looks so beautiful! Thanks for the recommendation.

The drone shots made me appreciate the place even more! I only captured a small portion of what's there and hope others can enjoy the footage.

On a side note, I thought DJI admins do not work weekends? Thanks!
2018-3-24
Use props
Pilot H
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209764 ft
United States

Wow! The footage is incredible, looks like I found another place for my "Visit and Fly" bucket list.  
2018-3-24
Use props
DEUCEDOG
Captain
Flight distance : 2501575 ft

Nice location
2018-3-24
Use props
ghutch
Captain
Flight distance : 187375 ft
United States

Beautiful place, had to look it up to see where it was located.  Doesn't look like there's many airports on the island.  Really nice work...
2018-3-24
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

It is! If only I could live there haha

Prices of food have gone up though with all the foreigner tourists around.
2018-3-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Raincast Posted at 2018-3-24 15:43
It is! If only I could live there haha

Prices of food have gone up though with all the foreigner tourists around.

I ended up catching a plane from Manila to Palawan in 2000 when I travelled Southeast Asia for 6 months - very remote and stunning location to tour. Went to a place called coco loco island resort - will never forget my time there and using a tea towel to stop the dust getting into my lungs whilst catching a bus with no windows. All part of the experience. I remember the locals were very welcoming. Memorable times.
2018-3-24
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

ghutch Posted at 2018-3-24 13:30
Beautiful place, had to look it up to see where it was located.  Doesn't look like there's many airports on the island.  Really nice work...

It is pretty remote. One way to get there is by flying to Coron then taking a 6 hour van to El Nido... or you can take an Airswift flight but it's pretty pricey as they have no competition. Ayala, one of the richest in our country, owns the airport, planes and private resorts and some islands there.
This is also one reason I prefer Coron as one cheaper flight is all you need. Thanks for looking!
2018-3-25
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Blériot53 Posted at 2018-3-24 00:51
Looks like a fantastic place to be. Thanks for the share.

I miss the sea breeze and the waves for sure! Alberta has no ocean anywhere and the winters are soo long here!
2018-3-25
Use props
kfloke
Captain
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

Great footage with nice location
2018-3-26
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Pilot H Posted at 2018-3-24 10:25
Wow! The footage is incredible, looks like I found another place for my "Visit and Fly" bucket list.

Wish I had my DJI Goggles then but I had too much stuff in my luggage! Palawan (Coron and/or El Nido) would be very worthy of your bucket list!
2018-3-26
Use props
P3KoYoT
Captain
Flight distance : 1846667 ft
Poland

Amazing place closed in very nice footage.
Someone said true this place need to be added to " bucket list"
There is lots of nice transition and special effects, can you tell me what kind of software did you use to do that? TNX in advance!
2018-3-26
Use props
Pilot H
lvl.4
United States

Raincast Posted at 2018-3-26 07:41
Wish I had my DJI Goggles then but I had too much stuff in my luggage! Palawan (Coron and/or El Nido) would be very worthy of your bucket list!

The list is already pretty long, but I don't think one more stop could hurt.
2018-3-26
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

It really is, and the winds were fortunately pretty decent for the shoot! Thanks for watching!
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Raincast Posted at 2018-3-24 07:20
The drone shots made me appreciate the place even more! I only captured a small portion of what's there and hope others can enjoy the footage.

On a side note, I thought DJI admins do not work weekends? Thanks!

I'm afraid not. It's normal to see us on the weekends as we work in shift.
2018-3-26
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-26 23:35
I'm afraid not. It's normal to see us on the weekends as we work in shift.

Alrighty, thanks again for checking the video out!
2018-3-27
Use props
echopiece
lvl.4
Flight distance : 225266 ft
United States

Very nice editing.  What software do you use?
2018-3-27
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-3-24 16:10
I ended up catching a plane from Manila to Palawan in 2000 when I travelled Southeast Asia for 6 months - very remote and stunning location to tour. Went to a place called coco loco island resort - will never forget my time there and using a tea towel to stop the dust getting into my lungs whilst catching a bus with no windows. All part of the experience. I remember the locals were very welcoming. Memorable times.

It must have been nicer back then, although at least now electricity runs 24 hours in town.

At 00:34 of the video, the people in the boat were the crew for Survivor. They just finished doing a shoot. I'm sure they'll make it feel remote when there's actually a bunch of tour boats waiting around.
2018-3-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Raincast Posted at 2018-3-27 18:17
It must have been nicer back then, although at least now electricity runs 24 hours in town.

At 00:34 of the video, the people in the boat were the crew for Survivor. They just finished doing a shoot. I'm sure they'll make it feel remote when there's actually a bunch of tour boats waiting around.

Totally random decision to go there at the time - quite an unexpected find but won't forget it.
2018-3-27
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

kfloke Posted at 2018-3-26 02:08
Great footage with nice location

The place was pretty relaxing! Maybe I was a bit stressed about crashing my drone in the water though haha.
2018-3-28
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

P3KoYoT Posted at 2018-3-26 08:45
Amazing place closed in very nice footage.
Someone said true this place need to be added to " bucket list"  
There is lots of nice transition and special effects, can you tell me what kind of software did you use to do that? TNX in advance!

I'm glad DJI makes awesome drones for capturing places like these!

I use Adobe Premiere Pro to edit, but I'm sure other software can do the same. For the transitions, look up Orange83 on Youtube. He teaches you how to do them and also gives you some free ones you can just drag and drop to your video editor.
2018-3-28
Use props
RjMllr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

Nice video! Yeah, El Nido is a beautiful place
2018-3-28
Use props
kfloke
Captain
Singapore

Raincast Posted at 2018-3-28 07:00
The place was pretty relaxing! Maybe I was a bit stressed about crashing my drone in the water though haha.

Yesss... can tell. Definitely worry about crashing in the water.. me too
2018-3-28
Use props
P3KoYoT
Captain
Flight distance : 1846667 ft
Poland

Raincast Posted at 2018-3-28 16:11
I'm glad DJI makes awesome drones for capturing places like these!

I use Adobe Premiere Pro to edit, but I'm sure other software can do the same. For the transitions, look up Orange83 on Youtube. He teaches you how to do them and also gives you some free ones you can just drag and drop to your video editor.

Thank you for the Tips!
2018-3-29
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Pilot H Posted at 2018-3-26 13:26
The list is already pretty long, but I don't think one more stop could hurt.

If I had the money, there's tons of nice drone spots on this planet! If I had the money, I'd have an Inspire 2 as well haha

What other places are on your immediate drone bucket list, if you don't mind me asking?
2018-3-29
Use props
Pilot H
lvl.4
United States

Raincast Posted at 2018-3-29 12:45
If I had the money, there's tons of nice drone spots on this planet! If I had the money, I'd have an Inspire 2 as well haha

What other places are on your immediate drone bucket list, if you don't mind me asking?

Don't mind at all. I'm thinking I should go to and fly Guam, (or some tropical place like that), Norway, the US coasts, the midwest, the Florida Keys,  South Korea , Iceland, Italy, Greece, El Nido Palawan, and Scotland. Law and travel ability permitting of course. I've got alot of work cut out for me. I'd have an Inspire 2 as well, hoping someone wants to donate a winning lottery ticket so I can afford some nicer equipment and travel money.  

Only the prettiest of days and calmest of winds to you!

Happy Flying, Pilot H.
2018-3-29
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

echopiece Posted at 2018-3-27 07:50
Very nice editing.  What software do you use?

Hello, I use Premiere Pro to edit. I believe other similar software can produce the same results! What software do you use or have tried so far?
2018-3-30
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

A CW Posted at 2018-3-27 23:00
Totally random decision to go there at the time - quite an unexpected find but won't forget it.

That's what they'd call an adventure back in the day! I wish I was like that on some vacations but I'm too afraid to miss anything I want to see so I do a bit (a lot) of research beforehand.
2018-3-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Raincast Posted at 2018-3-30 15:38
That's what they'd call an adventure back in the day! I wish I was like that on some vacations but I'm too afraid to miss anything I want to see so I do a bit (a lot) of research beforehand.

I was in Southeast Asia for half a year backpacking so didn't miss much
2018-3-30
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Very beautiful!
2018-3-31
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

RjMllr Posted at 2018-3-28 17:09
Nice video! Yeah, El Nido is a beautiful place

My wife still hasn't been to Coron so either that or Siargao maybe next year!
2018-3-31
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

kfloke Posted at 2018-3-28 18:00
Yesss... can tell. Definitely worry about crashing in the water.. me too

I had a goose randomly fly and hit my drone before but fortunately it wasn't too high on the ground when it crashed. Now, I'm afraid of birds especially when over the water.
2018-4-1
Use props
kfloke
Captain
Taiwan

Raincast Posted at 2018-4-1 15:07
I had a goose randomly fly and hit my drone before but fortunately it wasn't too high on the ground when it crashed. Now, I'm afraid of birds especially when over the water.

oh myyy... better careful and hope your drone is OK
2018-4-1
Use props
echopiece
lvl.4
Flight distance : 225266 ft
United States

Raincast Posted at 2018-3-30 10:33
Hello, I use Premiere Pro to edit. I believe other similar software can produce the same results! What software do you use or have tried so far?

I've only tried davinci resolve, with little success.  Even with a fairly beefy computer, it's a pretty heavy program to edit 4K content.
2018-4-3
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

P3KoYoT Posted at 2018-3-29 00:05
Thank you for the Tips!

Thanks for giving it a look!
2018-4-6
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>

Pilot H Posted at 2018-3-29 15:48
Don't mind at all. I'm thinking I should go to and fly Guam, (or some tropical place like that), Norway, the US coasts, the midwest, the Florida Keys,  South Korea , Iceland, Italy, Greece, El Nido Palawan, and Scotland. Law and travel ability permitting of course. I've got alot of work cut out for me. I'd have an Inspire 2 as well, hoping someone wants to donate a winning lottery ticket so I can afford some nicer equipment and travel money.   

Only the prettiest of days and calmest of winds to you!

I wish I have the time to go visit those places! Of course, money and real life things are the biggest blockers.

I heard flights to Iceland aren't that expensive. South Korea and Greece would be pretty breathtaking for aerial shots!
2018-4-7
Use props
Pilot H
lvl.4
United States

Raincast Posted at 2018-4-7 08:47
I wish I have the time to go visit those places! Of course, money and real life things are the biggest blockers.

I heard flights to Iceland aren't that expensive. South Korea and Greece would be pretty breathtaking for aerial shots!

Yeah, to bad money is an object and laws in some areas are restrictive. There is so much to see and fly, but alot of it probably can't be flown by everyone. Anyone got a guaranteed winning lottery ticket?

Pilot H
2018-4-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules