Canada

2018-3-23
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on being able to retrieve it from the water - and for having DJI Care.  Even if you managed to get it dried out properly -- lots of videos on the different methods - DJI strongly and repeatedly suggests that a drone is not safe to fly after being submersed. So, take the Care Refresh and fly safe!
2018-3-23
Use props
Frogyprod
lvl.4

Canada

W.T. Foxtrot Posted at 2018-3-23 20:25
Congrats on being able to retrieve it from the water - and for having DJI Care.  Even if you managed to get it dried out properly -- lots of videos on the different methods - DJI strongly and repeatedly suggests that a drone is not safe to fly after being submersed. So, take the Care Refresh and fly safe!

YES Thanks you! Everyones been telling me to put it in rice but I'm not gonna take that risk if I have the DJI Care refresh. Maybe if I bust my 22nd replacement I'll go for the rice.
2018-3-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Nice of you to think of the dog getting hurt by drone.  Had one of props hit a dog's eye that would be a real possibility of a hurt K9.  With that said, dogs are pretty tough.  Squirrels, rabbits, skunks, not so much.

PS: Sorry about your drone taking the plunge.
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the mishap, glad to know you were able to retrieve the drone and have purchased the DJI Care Refresh, hope you will get the replacement soon. If you need any assistance during this process, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2018-3-24
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-23 22:04
Nice of you to think of the dog getting hurt by drone.  Had one of props hit a dog's eye that would be a real possibility of a hurt K9.  With that said, dogs are pretty tough.  Squirrels, rabbits, skunks, not so much.

PS: Sorry about your drone taking the plunge.

"With that said, dogs are pretty tough.  Squirrels, rabbits, skunks, not so much."

Is this statement based on testing?
2018-3-24
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

wow what are the odds of that happening at critical battery level timing! That said we have been in the middle of absolutely nowhere and yeah you guessed it, the dog walkers turn up, thankfully never had an issue other than a stupid dog and owner walk all over my landing pad, which was coned off for safety. Man, did he get a mouthful, not that he took notice, no apology, just grunted and walked away.

It warms the heart you didn't come on here and blame 'DJI for not controlling the dog' and took it in great heart and spirit and took the time to produce a great video of your experience. Hopefully you will have a new air and will be back in the air shortly and producing more great footage.  I shall look forward to your next post
2018-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules