Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GoneandDroneit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11551627 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hi there ,
MPP , 60 days old , firmware and all updates done , RTH set prior to take off on every flight . Yesterday was flying unit and after only a matter of minutes and not far from take off unit lost connection with iPad Pro 10.5 used as monitor. Flying in line of sight so when unit went off the air , was able to see and was not worried . Upon reviewing data , it was noted that for 17 seconds the unit was disconnected . I thought RTH would have been initiated but it was not. I am starting to think this unit is a lemon . It has disconnected on several occasions over the last five flights and from yesterday’s one it is now packed up and won’t be flying again till the root cause is confirmed . I attach a photo of the data from the short flight . And before the quick shots jump the gun the maximum altitude is set at just that . And the unit has never gone above 120m AGL .   The unit when disconnects has full sats and full strength in bars . Clear days , and generally perfect flying conditions , I can fly my phantom 4 pro in the same area and its never missed a beat .
I will not fly this again in case of a flyway .. RTH has not once been activated on any of these data disconnections . I have emailed DJI on several occasions with data files on the flights  and still to yet receive a reply . When unit disconnects I regain image and connections shortly after . I have tried it on all aspects of the workings of the iPad conencteivity , in flight mode , data and wifi on and off ... still the same results with disconnects. Unit in is pristine order and no damage at all ..
Any educated suggestions would be highly recommended for review . And no simpletons of “ are your aerials set up fine etc..????..”

Thanks
2018-3-23
Use props
GoneandDroneit
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

2018-3-23
Use props
GoneandDroneit
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

2018-3-23
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

the app  disconnected,not the remote controller . The RTH function works only when the remote controller has lost connection with the aircraft.
2018-3-24
Use props
fans0701ffd2
New
Mauritius

Hi
I lost my Spark today. A few second after take off, the drone went crazy and flew away. I could hardly control it and then, I lost the image on my phone. The RTH did not work. I saw compas problem.
What CAN I do, is it garanty?
2018-3-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

fans0701ffd2 Posted at 2018-3-24 08:12
Hi
I lost my Spark today. A few second after take off, the drone went crazy and flew away. I could hardly control it and then, I lost the image on my phone. The RTH did not work. I saw compas problem.
What CAN I do, is it garanty?

Start a new thread in the spark section of this forum and post your flight logs, also open a case with Dji support.
2018-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules