Problem: GPS, RC and CE, FCC mode. Please help me. Im newbie!
3699 12 2014-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leadercalapxap
New

Vietnam

Hi everybody.Today, i've 3 questions, pls help me!!!

1. Before the flight, I've 7 points in GPS, has marked HomePoint. But while flying, gps had dropped to 5 points, lost GPS, so Can I use the function CL and HL? A few minutes later, GPS increases to 7,8 points, the home point is marked again? New position or old position before take off???

2. Recently, when I was flying in the city, a distance of more than 150m haul, I immediately lost connection to Phantom Vision Plus 2 (on-screen warnings vision applications DJI), a few seconds later connected back. but when flying in the suburbs, the beach does not have this problem. I can fly 500m - 600m without any problems. So my plane no matter what?
3. What's CE mode and FCC mode? How can use it?
P/s: my eng grammar is too bad. I apologize for this inconvenience.
Please help me! Thank you!
2014-10-29
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

1. CL will still work without GPS lock, HL will not.
Its my understanding that the phantom will remember its starting home point when it regains enough sats, but I have never lost GPS so have no experience of this.
2. Range is dependent on clear line of sight, buildings / interference and trees will reduce it, always fly in an open area well away from any buildings.
3. CE is for Europe, FCC is for America. Depending on where you are flying you can select the correct mode by turning the pot on the rear of the transmitter.
2014-10-30
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Hi, which aircraft are you using? please read our User Manual before flying~~ All the questions can be found on the Manual~~
2014-10-30
Use props
leadercalapxap
New

Vietnam

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-10-30 19:55
Hi, which aircraft are you using? please read our User Manual before flying~~ All the questions can  ...

I am using the phantom 2 Vision Plus. I've read the manual, but there are many things not mentioned in the actual
2014-10-30
Use props
leadercalapxap
New

Vietnam

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-30 19:37
1. CL will still work without GPS lock, HL will not.
Its my understanding that the phantom will reme ...

Ans 1 and 2: Yes, Thank you bro!
Ans 3: hmm, I do not understand much. if flying in Australia or Asia, then how?
2014-10-30
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Also, on Phantom mode, there is no HL and CL. HL and CL is the feature on NAZA mode, you can check the NAZA-M V2 manual.
3. If flying in AU or Asia, I thought there is no such limitation.
2014-10-30
Use props
leadercalapxap
New

Vietnam

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-10-31 10:12
Also, on Phantom mode, there is no HL and CL. HL and CL is the feature on NAZA mode, you can check t ...

Thank you, Sophie. Im using Naza mode, it's very good.
Talk about regime CE mode and FCC mode. I've been flying in Australia and some Asian countries, the distance of the flight shown on the compass in Dji Vision applications are very different. when the maximum of 400m, while the maximum of 800m. so I'm not sure these two modes. How much's the maximum flight distance?. How to customize?
2014-10-30
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Please check the Attachment.
FCC.PNG
2014-10-30
Use props
leadercalapxap
New

Vietnam

ty Sophie
2014-10-31
Use props
swomilan
lvl.4

Mexico

beware, If the unit gets less than 6 Sats and loses connection it will autoland wherever it is after some wait time if it doesn't get >6 Sats back.
Urban areas can have significant RF interference from other wifi transmissions thus flying there can have greatly reduced flight distances and is also recommended against due to safety concerns.
2014-10-31
Use props
leadercalapxap
New

Vietnam

Thank you swomilan
2014-11-4
Use props
Roll Tide
lvl.2
Flight distance : 610502 ft
United States

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-10-30 23:33
Please check the Attachment.

I have a phantomn 3S, and there is most certainly a screw on the back of my RC just like in the drawing.
I live in the USA and have flown 900M with no problem.  So I guess I have the FCC model.  Though I would bet that beginning with the P3A and P3P that on the back of the RC is not such a screw.  Those of you with these higher models, do you have a screw on the back of your RC or not?  
And other P3S users, do you have a screw on the back of your RC?
2017-3-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

it's easy to get into trouble when you are reading threads from three years back.  

The P3S wasn't  released until 2015, so nothing in this thread would have anything to do with the P3S except by coincidence.

However, I believe you when you say you have a screw in the back because the P3S is much like the P2 series, and they have the screw.  

The P3A/P and up don't have the screw.  Instead, the strength of the controller is determined by GPS.  
2017-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules