Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iPhone Battery Drained
1845 13 2018-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LOKY
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

Have my iPhone + Control (using RC). After not long time using, I noticed that the baterry gets drainned pretty quick on the iPhone. Anyone noticing this behavior?

Thanks!
2018-3-24
Use props
Eagle_Eye
First Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft

Are they both fully charged when you started?
2018-3-24
Use props
LOKY
Second Officer
United States

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2018-3-24 11:39
Are they both fully charged when you started?

Kind off, iPhone dropped from 73% to almost 40% in 15 minutes. The iPhone baterry stats, shows that DJi GO is using around 91% of battery.
2018-3-24
Use props
Dorset_Horn
First Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft

I'm sure many people have reported that the little short lead from iphone to transmitter uses it as a charger, hence draining the iphone. I'll have a look round the forum for examples.
2018-3-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I flew in very cold weather last weekend - my first two flights drained the battery on my iPhone 7+ from 100% to 60% then my 3rd flight drained it from 60% to 3%... freezing cold temperatures massively drains iPhone's. Flew today in warmer temperatures and it had 52% left after 3 back-to-back flights!
2018-3-24
Use props
LOKY
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-24 12:04
I flew in very cold weather last weekend - my first two flights drained the battery on my iPhone 7+ from 100% to 60% then my 3rd flight drained it from 60% to 3%... freezing cold temperatures massively drains iPhone's. Flew today in warmer temperatures and it had 52% left after 3 back-to-back flights!

Thanks A CW, charging full now my RC and iPhone.
2018-3-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LOKY Posted at 2018-3-24 12:08
Thanks A CW, charging full now my RC and iPhone.

I always head out with everything 100% charged mate - especially if flying in cold temps. Keep the phone in an inside pocket when walking to your flight location to keep it warm. & I have my screen brightness level at around 90% rather than max - that helps too.
2018-3-24
Use props
Anil Peries
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16549 ft
Sri Lanka

I have the same issue with my iphone 6 and Mavic pro, where the battery drains out very quickly. The max would be one battery (or less) with a fully charged phone. Possibly the RC is being charged by the iphone. I live in warm country in southeast asia and have never flown the mavic in a cold climate. I always use a USB (iphone complient) cable which is connected to the bottom of the RC. This is a serious problem. I wonder whether there is any way to overcome this issue?

Have glanced thro many posts in this regard but no solution seems to be available.

I hope the engineers at the DJI will address this if possible with a firmware update.
2019-2-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPhones and all iOS devices are basically allergic to the cold.
2019-2-10
Use props
ShadyDealer
First Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dorset_Horn Posted at 2018-3-24 11:50
I'm sure many people have reported that the little short lead from iphone to transmitter uses it as a charger, hence draining the iphone. I'll have a look round the forum for examples.

Can turn that option off. Never noticed the battery on my iOS device run down down quickly. More specifically my iPhone battery seems to use surprisingly small amounts of power after drone use. What’s the health of your battery like?
2019-2-10
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Captain
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Of course Always make sure all other apps are off and maybe consider flying in airplane mode .
Good luck and happy safe flying
2019-2-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2-10 04:32
Can turn that option off. Never noticed the battery on my iOS device run down down quickly. More specifically my iPhone battery seems to use surprisingly small amounts of power after drone use. What’s the health of your battery like?

cant turn it off on mavic air..because....reasons... (shrugs) not like hardware is incapable of functionality, just dji seems to not give a single sh*t about MA anymore..
2019-2-10
Use props
Peera
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16549 ft
Sri Lanka

ShadyDealer Posted at 2-10 04:32
Can turn that option off. Never noticed the battery on my iOS device run down down quickly. More specifically my iPhone battery seems to use surprisingly small amounts of power after drone use. What’s the health of your battery like?

My iphone battery health is 90%, which is OK. RC, MP and iphone 6 is fully charged. I fly on airplane mode and in a warm climate. I suspect that the Iphone charges the RC while flying ! Can this be turned off ?
2019-2-12
Use props
ShadyDealer
First Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Peera Posted at 2-12 04:45
My iphone battery health is 90%, which is OK. RC, MP and iphone 6 is fully charged. I fly on airplane mode and in a warm climate. I suspect that the Iphone charges the RC while flying ! Can this be turned off ?

Pretty certain this can be turned off. My iPhone has never charged from the remotes but after setting up a new Nav Pro 2 I'm sure I saw an option regarding charging external device. Too long ago for my Nav Pro and Air and as you can imagine I don't use them as much now as my Mav 2.
2019-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules