Killing time took some photos
1634 21 2018-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Bash's
lvl.4

United States

So I had some time to kill and I thought why not take advantage of the sunrise.  I only used one battery this morning and the entire flight was flown without a single error message.  
So enjoy, lol.
Costco pano sunset.jpg

Costco Sunrise 1.jpg

Costco Sunrise.jpg

Costco tiny planet.jpg
2018-3-24
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome shots!     
2018-3-24
Use props
Normanby
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136601 ft
Australia

Really good!
2018-3-24
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

Wow ready nice shots! Thanks for posting!
2018-3-24
Use props
The Bash's
lvl.4

United States

Thanks everyone, I was dabbling in the manual camera settings.  I'm still trying to figure things out!
2018-3-24
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Nice shots...somewhat overexposed as far as my liking.  
2018-3-24
Use props
The Bash's
lvl.4

United States

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-3-24 19:45
Nice shots...somewhat overexposed as far as my liking.

Thanks for the suggestion, should I be trying to get a better balance when I take the picture with the Spark, or should I be using something like Lightroom to edit the photos?
2018-3-24
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

I would think any program you use works best with a good photo to begin with.  SCoutts has posted lots of good information on exposure.  In one technique, he presets the Fn button to Lock/Unlock Exposure...then in Auto mode he gets what looks like good exposure on the screen, pushes the Fn button and locks that exposure (you actually see momentarily a yellow rectangle that says Exposure Locked).  In your case, looking into the sun it will be somewhat overexposed...that's the best you can do.  Then, you tap camera menu, go to camera settings and tap the EF - or + to get the exposure the way you want it and take the picture.  When you're done with exposure lock you just tap the Fn button again and you're back to Auto exposure metering (no yellow rectangle will show).
2018-3-24
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

This picture was going to be overexposed like yours until I tapped the - EF a couple of times...then I took the picture.  You can actually see it change on the screen as you tap.
2018-3-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice pictures!
Maybe you can give the HDR option a try (AEB)
2018-3-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-3-24 22:36
[view_image]   This picture was going to be overexposed like yours until I tapped the - EF a couple of times...then I took the picture.  You can actually see it change on the screen as you tap.

Very beautiful!
2018-3-25
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

very nice shots!
2018-3-25
Use props
RjMllr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

Nice shots! the first and third photo are over-exposed (sorry, but looking into them hurts my eyes), but nice footage
2018-3-25
Use props
manolism
Second Officer
Flight distance : 53035 ft
Greece

The 3rd photo is very good!!
2018-3-30
Use props
unhommelibre
Second Officer
Flight distance : 109268 ft
United States

Nice shots.
2018-3-30
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 2018-3-24 22:36
[view_image]   This picture was going to be overexposed like yours until I tapped the - EF a couple of times...then I took the picture.  You can actually see it change on the screen as you tap.

The sky is properly exposed, but there is a LOT of foreground for it to be solid black like that.  I would either crop it out or try and pull some detail out of the shadows.  OR, use AEB to get an exposure for the sky and a different one for the foreground.  I've done that with the Spark and had great success.  Here is an example:

(your photo would look much better since the sky is more interesting in yours, but in my photo, the subject is the building)
2018-3-30
Use props
The Bash's
lvl.4

United States

So I bought a drone to fly and have fun but, it seems that I really bought it to learn to be a photographer.  I have done a lot of research on HDR photography and using lightroom and AuroraHDR. Hopefully when the weather turns and the sun actually starts to shine I'll have some good stuff to show.
2018-3-30
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Nice one keep it up
2018-6-16
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-10
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Hello! I have some thoughts to add to words that @RobertWSimpson and @Rustic17 said. As a rule you have to keep exposure value (EV) on 0,0. Furthermore, your ISO value have to stay as low as possible to avoid noises on the shot. So you only have one option to adjust: shutter speed. Move your shutter speed to bring EV to 0,0 then turn AEB and shoot. But... when light is weak EV can be different than 0,0.  You should turn it over that point of value to find the best result.
With best regards!
2019-1-24
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Beautiful color in the sunset. Thanks for sharing.  
2019-1-24
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Wow, those are some great shots
2019-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules