DJI pilot app not available for iPad mini
4073 7 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamesboulding
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have an Ipad Mini, boguht it 2 years ago when it first came out.  I recently just ordered the new phantom 3, a big plus was the new lightbridge option so i could use my ipad mini and have a big screen to use with it.  I now go to the app store and when i try download it it says not compatible with your device.

WTF?!  I mean how can it not be good enough.  Why would DJI not make it compatible?  I understand if it was years & years old but ipad minis only came out a few years ago.

Will there be updates that might sort this or am i just left in a useless situation?

2015-5-6
Use props
richard
New

United Kingdom

Is there any chance the Pilot app is going to work on earlier versions of the IPad mini??
At the moment using iPhone 6 plus, it works great, but with a bigger screen would be perfect!!

2015-5-26
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Ipad mini use A5 processor. To run the Pilot we need A7 processor at least.
2015-5-27
Use props
uhayat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191421 ft
Pakistan

It works fine on my mini 3. Someone else where also suggested your issue might be because the app requires a gps and some minis don't have that.
2015-6-12
Use props
sorted
New

United Kingdom

Hiya.

I have just downloaded the app on my iPad mini and it seems to be fine
2015-6-27
Use props
ivan.tvrtko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37740 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

sorted Posted at 2015-6-28 01:00
Hiya.

I have just downloaded the app on my iPad mini and it seems to be fine

Sure, if you have mini 2 or mini 3.
2015-6-27
Use props
mdazel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1140725 ft
United States

Hello there:

You need OS. 8 maybe you can call Apple and let them know how you feel now that your iPad mini is worthless for this app because they force there partners like DJI in to a deal that they can only put apps out for OS 8 or above...just-say-in...I have no Apple because I really like open-source and this on going problem with Apple  but that being said because of the lag and no simulator in the android app I am looking at my first Apple...I heard that mini 3 or above will be the only apple mini aloud to upgrade OS and I was really looking at the air 2 for my self with the pilot app and having no Apple in my line-up to date I am wondering how much mem will I need and how will get my pics and vids in to my PC world to edit and play with...?
2015-6-27
Use props
SteveFromMN
lvl.1

United States

I was surprised to find I could download and install the DJI GO app on my iPad Mini first gen.  I had tried before and it would not install saying it was not compatible.  I have all firmware up to date on controller and my Phantom3 Advanced.  I went out and flew for 20 minutes Saturday Nov 7 and everything worked great.  It would be nice to know that DJI now supports iPad Mini 1st gen so that it doesn't break with a future update.   
2015-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules