4095 43 2018-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spiritua
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904347 ft
Switzerland

Hi DJI community,

Today I had some fun editing a video from some flights performed last week in swiss alps. Video link below and feedback comments to improve are warmly welcomed.

I would lime to note how impressed I am from the reliability of the mavic air. I used it on the last long shots. This was 3500 meters high, - 20 degrees C (-5 Fahrenheit) and a huge wind. I thought I was going to take off and the thing would be taken away by the wind. Nothing! Stayed totally stable and reliable, image looks peaceful and it was myself fighting against freezing and crying eyes,  could barely look at the screen! Amazed by the Air.

Ah well, here the video :-)

https://youtu.be/5wAHYULvsto

Thanks again for feedbacks and comments

Sébastien

2018-3-25
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

WOW. Those are some great views of the Mountains.

I am impressed with the video and you did a great job with the editing.
2018-3-25
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent work!      
2018-3-25
Use props
astrofly
First Officer
Flight distance : 554301 ft
Italy

Fantastic !! You are a brave pilot !! Congratulations !!
2018-3-25
Use props
Spiritua
lvl.4
Switzerland

Thank you for the feedbacks
2018-3-25
Use props
mickongen
First Officer
Flight distance : 1349816 ft
Denmark

Nice place very good..
2018-3-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video!
2018-3-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Just amazing, thank you very much!
2018-3-26
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
Puerto Rico

Very fine. Love the Jungfrau and environs, and you did it credit. Great music and editing.
2018-3-26
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's awesome...I really like those shots around 1:15 with the sun really shinning through.  But those shots with the clouds just beneath the Mavic Air and the Alps in the background are awesome too.  So jealous...I would love to get some shots like that with my Mavic Air.  Great stuff!!! Thanks for sharing....

P.S.  Yeah, I can only imagine what the winds must have been like.  
2018-3-26
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Very good.
2018-3-26
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft

Very nice... very nice indeed , one of the best winter films iv'e seen so far   
2018-3-26
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>

Really excellent video. You must go pretty high with the drone - how much from the launch point?
If you say that the wind was pretty huge it must had been much worse high at mountain edge.
Did you decide that in the worst scenario you might loose the Mavic?
How was the temperature of the battery as the Mavic Air battery is small and completely exposed to environment?
Sorry, lot of questions but I wouldn't dare to make flight in such weather. So the result is even better knowing such circumstances.
2018-3-26
Use props
Mountaindrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>

very nice, good job !
2018-3-26
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

Very nice to watch.. great work
2018-3-26
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Great shots!
2018-3-26
Use props
djiuser_yT4MlN2i5PWz
lvl.1
Croatia

Great video!
2018-3-26
Use props
Jay W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259462 ft
Singapore

Beautiful video.
2018-3-26
Use props
Spiritua
lvl.4
Switzerland

Thanks for all the nice feedback !
Andy10, i didn't have to go that high with the Air, as i was myself at 3500 meters high.  i just checked the log and max drone altitude was around 60 meters above me.
And you are right, i decided that worse case scenario i could lose the drone. I went up there with the goal to fly the drone. And despite the strong wind and the temperature of -20C, i thought "hell, i am not going down without trying". So first i just took off to see if the drone would hold, and it did. so then i flew, and it impressed me ;)
Regarding the batteries, i am not sure how to check. What i did was not to go under 50% battery as my experience with my phone was that afterwards it can get totally messed up. By the way my phone was losing battery like 1% every 20 second, but the drone did great. If you want to check some log, I uploaded one of the 3 flight here:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/3SJ70LRSY3DWYBBJK00B/
And here is the log as well:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdiaa8 ... 4-58-58%5D.txt?dl=0
Additionally, after the flight i noticed that both the propeller and the remote started to ice:

Logs and pictures were from the last 50 seconds of the video.
I think it was a good extreme condition test for the Air, and it did great ;)

2018-3-26
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Great, I envy You for being there and find soo many beautiful days to fly around - Great Job!!!
2018-3-26
Use props
djiuser_neVqU7H16j7J
New

Netherlands

KOOP nep / echte paspoorten,VISA,rijbewijs,IDS etc.WhatsApp: +61488811560  Beste kwaliteitsfout / echte ID's, paspoorten, huwelijkscertificaten, rijbewijs enz contacteer billymark314@gmail.com  Beste Kwaliteit Novelty Fake / Echte ID's en Paspoorten, Huwelijkscertificaten en Drivers licentie etc Koop nu hoge kwaliteit-We hebben de beste HOLOGRAMS EN DUPLICATING MACHINES Met meer dan 13miljoen out-documenten omheen de wereld. -ID's Scan-ja ... -HOLOGRAMS: IDENTISCHE -BAR CODES: IDS SCAN -UV: JA FAKE IDS MET SNEL VERZENDING - EMAIL SUPPORT  Contact  billymark314@gmail.com billymark314@gmail.com  WhatsApp: +61488811560  www.classifieddocuments.net    Fake ID's, meer dan 50 state drivers licentiekaarten en State ID kaarten beschikbaar. Inclusief licentie hologram en magnetische strip of streepjescode op de rug. 2 werkdagen verzendorder (2,95 verzending en handling). De BEST authentieke nep ID's op het web. Zelfde kwaliteit, hoge resolutie die de afdeling motorvoertuigen gebruikt. Stuur huidige .JPG of .GIF van de huidige licentie met foto en wijzigingen in NAME, DOB, LICENSE #, RESTRICTIONS, enz. we produceren de beste nep ID online we verkopen UK / EU nep ID, Canadese nep ID, Australische nep ID en nep ID's voor veel andere landen van nep paspoorten naar nep-rijbewijzen op nep bankrekening die wij hebben identificatiebehoeften gedekt. Onze nep ID's bevatten alle beveiligingsfuncties zoals echte hologrammen, ultraviolette watermerken, intaglio-afdrukken, speciaal papier, fluorescerende kleurstoffen, RFID-chips, barcodes die overeenkomen met uw gegevens en meer. Onze nep ID's zijn identiek aan het echte ding nee andere site zal u deze kwaliteit bieden wij zijn de beste. nieuwe identiteit bescherm je privacy en haal je vrijheid terug.  sleutelwoorden: Victoriaanse p-plate licentie waar te kopen nep ids waar te kopen nep documenten waar nep paspoorten te kopen waar te kopen vals rijbewijs nep USA (Verenigde Staten) paspoorten, nep Australische paspoorten, nep België paspoorten, valse Braziliaanse (Brazilië) paspoorten, valse Canadese (Canada) paspoorten, nep Finse paspoorten, nep Frankrijk (Frankrijk) paspoorten, valse Duitse (Duitsland) paspoorten, nep Nederlandse paspoorten (Nederland / Holland) valse Israël paspoorten, nep Verenigd Koninkrijk (Verenigd Koninkrijk) paspoorten, valse Spaanse (Spanje) paspoorten, valse Mexicaanse (Mexico) paspoorten, valse Zuid-Afrikaanse paspoorten. nep Australische rijbewijzen, nep Canadese rijbewijzen, nep frans (frankrijk) rijbewijzen nep Nederlands (Nederland / Holland) rijbewijs, valse Duitse (Duitsland) rijbewijzen, nep Verenigd Koninkrijk (Verenigd Koninkrijk) rijbewijs, nep diplomatieke paspoorten, valse VS (Verenigde Staten) paspoorten, valse Australische paspoorten, valse Belgische paspoorten, valse Braziliaanse (Brazilië) paspoorten, valse Canadese (Canada) paspoorten, Valse Finse (Finland) paspoorten, Valse Franse (Frankrijk) paspoorten, valse duits (Duitsland) paspoorten, valse nederlandse (nederlandse / nederlandse) paspoorten, valse Israël paspoorten, valse UK (Verenigd Koninkrijk) paspoorten, Valse Spaanse (Spanje) paspoorten, valse Mexicaanse (Mexico) paspoorten, valse Zuid-Afrikaanse paspoorten. valse Australische rijbewijzen, valse Canadese rijbewijzen, Valse Franse (Frankrijk) rijbewijzen, vals Nederlands (Nederland / Holland) rijbewijs, Valse Duitse (Duitsland) rijbewijzen, valse Britse (Verenigd Koninkrijk) rijbewijzen, valse diplomatieke paspoorten, Camouflage paspoorten, paspoort duplicaten, valse VS (Verenigde Staten) paspoorten te koop, nep Australische paspoorten voor verkoop, nep België paspoorten voor verkoop, nep Braziliaanse (Brazilië) paspoorten te koop, valse Canadese (Canada) paspoorten voor verkoop, nep Finse (Finland) paspoorten te koop, nep frans (frankrijk) paspoorten te koop, nep Duitsland (Duitsland) paspoorten voor verkoop, nep nederlands (nederland / nederland) paspoorten voor verkoop, valse Israël paspoorten voor verkoop, nep UK (Verenigd Koninkrijk) paspoorten te koop, nep spaanse (Spanje) paspoorten te koop, nep Mexicaanse (Mexico) paspoorten te koop, valse Zuid-Afrikaanse paspoorten voor verkoop, nep Australische rijbewijzen voor verkoop, nep Canadese rijbewijzen voor verkoop, nep diplomatieke paspoorten voor verkoop, valse VS (Verenigde Staten) paspoorten te koop, valse Australische paspoorten voor verkoop, valse Belgische paspoorten voor verkoop, Valse Braziliaanse (Brazilië) paspoorten voor verkoop, valse Canadese (Canada) paspoorten voor verkoop, Valse Finse (Finland) paspoorten voor verkoop, Valse Franse (Frankrijk) paspoorten voor verkoop, Valse Duitse (Duitsland) paspoorten voor verkoop, valse nederlandse (nederlandse / nederlandse) paspoorten voor verkoop, valse Israël paspoorten voor verkoop, valse UK (Verenigd Koninkrijk) paspoorten te koop, Valse Spaanse (Spanje) paspoorten voor verkoop, Valse Mexicaanse (Mexico) paspoorten te koop, valse Zuid-Afrikaanse paspoorten voor verkoop, valse Australische rijbewijzen voor verkoop, Camouflage paspoorten te koop, Paspoort Duplicaten te koop. bestel nep paspoorten, bestel valse paspoorten, bestel nieuwigheid paspoorten, bestel nep-rijbewijs, bestel een valse rijbewijs, bestel nieuwigheid rijbewijs, bestellen diplomatieke paspoorten, nep paspoorten verkrijgen, valse paspoorten verkrijgen, nieuwe paspoorten verkrijgen, nep rijbewijs verkrijgen, verkrijgen van een valse rijbewijs,  Contact  billymark314@gmail.com billymark314@gmail.com  WhatsApp: +61488811560  www.classifieddocuments.net
2018-3-26
Use props
Silverhammer92
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15869 ft
Switzerland

Very nice Video
I'm there every winter and couldn't ignore that you were flying in a restricted flight zone. Did you get any permission or did you just take the risk?
If you got permission - how/where did you get it?

Stunning Film tho.. thank you :-)
2018-3-26
Use props
Lio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 660955 ft
Switzerland

Silverhammer92 Posted at 2018-3-26 22:56
Very nice Video
I'm there every winter and couldn't ignore that you were flying in a restricted flight zone. Did you get any permission or did you just take the risk?
If you got permission - how/where did you get it?

The restriction is only for drones that weigh more than 0.5 kg. The Mavic Air, however, is only 450 gr as far as I know.
2018-3-27
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really wish I lived near terrain like this! AWESOME!!
2018-3-27
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

Hi Spiritua wow fantastic footage and fantastic place. How many meters between you and mavic at maximum flight distance? How many time battery duration? thanks to share it
2018-3-27
Use props
Spiritua
lvl.4
Switzerland

Guido,
It depends as I had several flights for the video. With the mavic pro I went uo to 1.5 km away, with the mavic air didn't need too, maybe 300 meters. Battery duration about 25 minutes for longest flights.
Again, Thanks for all the positive feedback, motivating to continue doing more montage!  
2018-3-27
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

Great shooting, Thanks for posting!
2018-3-27
Use props
Wrenny1969
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23366 ft
United Kingdom

Loving your work.
2018-3-28
Use props
philj
lvl.2

Stunning scenes.  Score complemented it. I was there many years ago.  Beautiful area and you captured the mountains even better than I remember.  
2018-3-28
Use props
Filip3rd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39390 ft
United Kingdom

Very nice footage. However a the beginning it seems you had no storie but with going reverse a story was created.
In documentary Film it is very important that you create a sort of story and not so close up. Some part you basically was edited all your close ups. Our eyes want to see borders.  When you record a part of mountain with out the borders visible our eyes tries to find so sort of limit. Basically in Micro and Long shoot you must show visible the surrounding.
Unfortunately since this kind of clips are basically new most images look good. But looking at it professionally you find the glitches.

Otherwise good job. Keep filming and editing. Remember 45 second is the golden time when we lose interest at repeat images.
2018-3-28
Use props
Filip3rd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39390 ft
United Kingdom

45 sec.

My company did a online survey showing repeated images to a group. Majority around 40-49 second closes the clip. And we calculated a 40-45 sec interest in repeat images. Even tho clips are not the same. But for instance in this clip all you see is mountains, clouds, snows. Repeated theme. Abs around 1:12 into the clip I started to get bored and that way more then majority.
2018-3-28
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Nice editing job - keep up the good work!
2018-3-28
Use props
flyingbosnian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 360522 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Amazing video, loved it
2018-3-29
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Amazing footage and impressive place to shoot, great editing.
2018-3-29
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.3

Well done ,really beautiful. Are you living in switzerland? I am asking because in august I  travel to zermatt and I just wanna know how strict they are in switzerland about Drone flying? Would like taking nice shots while hiking nearby the Mattehorn. Thanks you very much.
2018-3-30
Use props
Spiritua
lvl.4
Switzerland

Hi Hobbydroner,
Yes i do live in Switzerland. If you visit the country, you can use the map of the Federal Office of Civil Aviation to learn where you can fly and where restrictions applies. If you owns a Mavic Air, which is below 500 gr, you can fly everywhere as this is considered as a 'toy' and not an aircraft.https://www.bazl.admin.ch/bazl/e ... s/drohnenkarte.html

And interesting comment about the 45 seconds Filip3rd. First i must say that i feel 45 seconds is not anymore a drone montage. more like a teaser. If people can't stand more, then i'm ok if they stop earlier, but i like to create a bit longer video ;) But out of curiosity i checked the youtube analytics. What i can see is a linear drop from audience from start to 45 secondes from 100% to 65%. Then it stays quite stable until the end, with a sllght downward trend end end with 55% audience. so it seems the people who makes it to the 45 seconds watched until the end too.

And thanks again for all the positive comment and constructive feedback   
2018-3-30
Use props
MWitarsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2058179 ft
Brazil

You recorded very beautiful images!!
But some of the snow takes seems a little bit dark to my taste.
2018-4-5
Use props
djiuser_FBVMCI3nsG43
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49964 ft
Netherlands

Ik ken het gebied en je hebt het goed weergegeven. Top!
2018-4-6
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really great work my friend
2018-4-6
Use props
Astrow
lvl.1