16111 33 2018-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darrc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5558 ft
Singapore

Hi,

I have done a search in the forum before I posted this. I also checked out dji.com for the contact but just can't find the proper email to send to.

I approached 2 sellers in a local website (lazada, shopee) that advertises their Mavic Air having local and international warranty, and they gave me different definition of the local warranty -
1. First seller says their shop will pay for both way shipping charges when shipping back to China for diagnostics and repairs. Appears the "local" is international warranty but the shop will handle all shipping costs.
2. Second seller says there is a locally DJI appointed workshop to handle local warranty claims.

Is there a locally DJI appointed repair workshop? I checked dji.com and the only listed regional repair center is in Malaysia, and both the sellers are not listed as resellers, but both sellers have no adverse ratings (can be deceiving I know...)

Thanks for any advice.
2018-3-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please note we do not provide international warranty service at the moment, customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product. However, depending on part availability, customers can obtain cross-regional repair service at an additional charge.
For Singapore users, the corresponding official repair center locates in China, if customer needs warranty service, the drone will need to be sent back to China, and customer should be responsible for shipping costs when sending product(s) for return, repair or replacement. You can also contact your dealer for assistance, they will help you out according to their own policy like if they will pay for the shipping fee for you and so on.
2018-3-25
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-25 20:17
Please note we do not provide international warranty service at the moment, customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product. However, depending on part availability, customers can obtain cross-regional repair service at an additional charge.
For Singapore users, the corresponding official repair center locates in China, if customer needs warranty service, the drone will need to be sent back to China, and customer should be responsible for shipping costs when sending product(s) for return, repair or replacement. You can also contact your dealer for assistance, they will help you out according to their own policy.

Thank you for the reply. So from what you say, can I clarify two thing -

1. The official repair center for Singapore users is only in China. There is no locally DJI appointed repair workshop. I checked dji.com, the only repair center in my region is in Malaysia.

2. DJI honours warranty claims for Mavic Air bought in Singapore. Must the dealer be a listed reseller? I checked dji.com, both sellers are not listed but they said they are authorised resellers.

PS: I quite like Kick Axx..funny movie, and Mindy is adorable lol.
2018-3-25
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Singapore

Ok, I done some more reading in the forum regarding the warranty.

I read that the drone warranty is based on which country the serial number is tagged to. Is this so? So if I buy the drone in Singapore, I should only buy a drone where the serial number is tagged to China? Or I can buy any drone in Singapore regardless where the drone is imported from, and it will be shipped to China for warranty repair?
2018-3-25
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft

darrc Posted at 2018-3-25 23:01

I read that the drone warranty is based on which country the serial number is tagged to. Is this so? So if I buy the drone in Singapore, I should only buy a drone where the serial number is tagged to China? Or I can buy any drone in Singapore regardless where the drone is imported from, and it will be shipped to China for warranty repair?

There are some DJI authorized dealers in Singapore that honor warranty and repairs it in their stores.
2018-3-26
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Singapore

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-3-26 01:56
There are some DJI authorized dealers in Singapore that honor warranty and repairs it in their stores.

Thanks. Some of the local sellers say they have a local DJI appointed workshop. But from what DJI Mindy says, it appears there's no such arrangement as drones sold in Singapore has to be sent back to China for warranty repair. DJI warranty is very confusing for outside regions and not stated explicitly on their website.
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

darrc Posted at 2018-3-25 23:01

I read that the drone warranty is based on which country the serial number is tagged to. Is this so? So if I buy the drone in Singapore, I should only buy a drone where the serial number is tagged to China? Or I can buy any drone in Singapore regardless where the drone is imported from, and it will be shipped to China for warranty repair?

The warranty is based on which country the serial number is tagged to, we recommend to purchase the drone from DJI online store or authorized retail store: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy?site=brandsite&from=footer
If you purchase directly from local retail store, some of them may provide after-sales service, please verify with them, you can also send in the drone to DJI official repair center, kindly note that customers will need to pay the cost of shipping when sending products to DJI.
Currently, there is no recommended repair center in Singapore, please check more details here: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

2018-3-26
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-26 21:30
The warranty is based on which country the serial number is tagged to, we recommend to purchase the drone from DJI online store or authorized retail store: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy?site=brandsite&from=footer
If you purchase directly from local retail store, some of them may provide after-sales service, please verify with them, you can also send in the drone to DJI official repair center, kindly note that customers will need to pay the cost of shipping when sending products to DJI.
Currently, there is no recommended repair center in Singapore, please check more details here: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

Thank you for the clarification. So, if the local seller ships the drone to China for repair (seller says they will pay shipping), the warranty will be recognised by DJI as long as the serial number is tagged to China.
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

darrc Posted at 2018-3-27 00:13
Thank you for the clarification. So, if the local seller ships the drone to China for repair (seller says they will pay shipping), the warranty will be recognised by DJI as long as the serial number is tagged to China.

That is right, we do not provide international warranty at the moment, if you purchase the US version by mistake, the drone will need to be sent to US official repair center for warranty service, our repair team will make damage assessment to see if the warranty service can be provided when the drone arrives in facility.
2018-3-27
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-27 00:33
That is right, we do not provide international warranty at the moment, if you purchase the US version by mistake, the drone will need to be sent to US official repair center for warranty service, our repair team will make damage assessment to see if the warranty service can be provided when the drone arrives in facility.

I see. Thank you for the clarification and patience.
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

darrc Posted at 2018-3-27 04:08
I see. Thank you for the clarification and patience.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we'd glad to help.
2018-3-27
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Singapore

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-3-27 22:32
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, we'd glad to help.

I spoke to a local vendor yesterday. They say drones sold by them will be checked locally by a DJI appointed technician and  there is a DJI distributor in Singapore, and if can be fixed locally by the local DJI appointed technician there is no need to ship back to DJI HQ (China).

Is this true? I am now confused.
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

darrc Posted at 2018-4-5 17:05
I spoke to a local vendor yesterday. They say drones sold by them will be checked locally by a DJI appointed technician and  there is a DJI distributor in Singapore, and if can be fixed locally by the local DJI appointed technician there is no need to ship back to DJI HQ (China).

Is this true? I am now confused.

Generally, the dealers will report in dealer system if the issue is beyond their ability. There will be case number as well. The right team will guide the further steps.

Alternatively, if you encounter any issues, you can also contact DJI Support via support@dji.com and send the unit directly to DJI as well. Both ways work.
2018-4-6
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Singapore

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-6 01:57
Generally, the dealers will report in dealer system if the issue is beyond their ability. There will be case number as well. The right team will guide the further steps.

Alternatively, if you encounter any issues, you can also contact DJI Support via  and send the unit directly to DJI as well. Both ways work.

Thank you. So  if the dealer has their technician do a local check (open it up, unscrew etc) and finds that it need further diagnosis by DJI HQ, the warranty is not affected?
2018-4-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

darrc Posted at 2018-4-6 02:02
Thank you. So  if the dealer has their technician do a local check (open it up, unscrew etc) and finds that it need further diagnosis by DJI HQ, the warranty is not affected?

At this moment, the dealers need to report in the dealer system before repair. The right team will give further instructions or authorization according to the specific situation.
2018-4-6
Use props
darrc
lvl.3
Singapore

Oh ok. Thanks. The local sellers are very hush about how local warranty works. Sucks bad.
2018-4-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

darrc Posted at 2018-4-7 02:32
Oh ok. Thanks. The local sellers are very hush about how local warranty works. Sucks bad.

Sorry about this. In case the drone need repair, I'd suggest contacting our support via support@dji.com and start a case. The whole process can be tracked on the website as well: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace We're glad to help if you encounter any difficulties during the repair progress.
2018-4-7
Use props
Boon Siong Lim
New

Singapore

Hi , I won lucky draw from my company for osmo mobile 2 , May I know is it under dji warranty? . Or I can only find back re-seller for warranty ?
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Boon Siong Lim Posted at 2018-10-24 01:01
Hi , I won lucky draw from my company for osmo mobile 2 , May I know is it under dji warranty? . Or I can only find back re-seller for warranty ?

Hi Boon Siong Lim, according to the current policy, the warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, unless otherwise agreed upon between you and DJI. You may contact the re-seller to get the purchase invoice to avoid further troubles, thanks!
2018-10-24
Use props
djiuser_SYEPYVnxmMpX
New

Singapore

Hi
I just bought the Osmo Mobile 2 from one of the Singapore local shop : 7daydeals.com and they asked me to register the warranty online which i couldn't find it, can anyone help me with this?
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_SYEPYVnxmMpX Posted at 12-23 02:25
Hi
I just bought the Osmo Mobile 2 from one of the Singapore local shop : 7daydeals.com and they asked me to register the warranty online which i couldn't find it, can anyone help me with this?

Hi there, the warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, you just need to activate the device and then you can use it, no need to register the warranty. Are you referring to the Osmo Shield of Osmo Mobile 2? Did you purchase other product along with it?
2018-12-23
Use props
djiuser_bOwaA4GWOuaM
New

Singapore

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-24 02:09
Hi Boon Siong Lim, according to the current policy, the warranty period for a product starts on the day such product is delivered, unless otherwise agreed upon between you and DJI. You may contact the re-seller to get the purchase invoice to avoid further troubles, thanks!

Is there a way that you can update the authorised dealers so that we can use as a reference? I noticed Courts Singapore, Applestore is not included in the list. TIA
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_bOwaA4GWOuaM Posted at 1-3 16:56
Is there a way that you can update the authorised dealers so that we can use as a reference? I noticed Courts Singapore, Applestore is not included in the list. TIA

Hi there, the retail stores can be referred here: https://www.dji.com/cn/where-to- ... ite&from=footer
2019-1-3
Use props
guanjinsen
New

Singapore

Hi, I just bought an Osmo Pocket from a local reseller, but the unit is defective there are almost 10 dead pixels in all the footages. The reseller is refusing to do a one-on-one exchange for me. How can I send it back to exchange for a new unit? Will that be considered a repair or simply an exchange for a defective unit?
2020-1-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

guanjinsen Posted at 1-12 22:57
Hi, I just bought an Osmo Pocket from a local reseller, but the unit is defective there are almost 10 dead pixels in all the footages. The reseller is refusing to do a one-on-one exchange for me. How can I send it back to exchange for a new unit? Will that be considered a repair or simply an exchange for a defective unit?

Hi guanjinsen, if the reseller cannot help, it is recommended to send in the device to our official repair center for the diagnosis, our repair center will decide whether the replacement or repair service will be provided according to the evaluation, please send email to support@dji.com for further assistance.
2020-1-13
Use props
Hasi
lvl.2

Sri Lanka

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-27 00:33

How to find is it the US, EU or CN version?
2020-2-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hasi Posted at 2-3 06:38
How to find is it the US, EU or CN version?

Hi Hasi, you may provide us the serial number of your device, we will help to check.
2020-2-3
Use props
Hasi
lvl.2

Sri Lanka

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-3 20:13
Hi Hasi, you may provide us the serial number of your device, we will help to check.

Ok  I Sent them Please check
2020-3-3
Use props
Hasi
lvl.2

Sri Lanka

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-3 20:13

I Sent you the Numbers privately. Can you check them?
2020-5-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hasi Posted at 5-12 07:09
I Sent you the Numbers privately. Can you check them?

I'm so sorry for the late response, the message was missed, I have replied to your PM, please check, thanks.
2020-5-12
Use props
djiuser_KT3aeFQNaYsa
New

Singapore

Hello dji,

If I buy a drone on dji official website, will your flagship store in Funan Centre entertain any issue or request?
Also, is there GST for the online purchase?

Thanks.
2023-2-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_KT3aeFQNaYsa Posted at 2-16 17:30
Hello dji,

If I buy a drone on dji official website, will your flagship store in Funan Centre entertain any issue or request?

Hi there, may I ask where you're located? And please tell us more details about the flagship store you mentioned. Do you mean you want to get your drone repaired there?
2023-2-16
Use props
djiuser_KT3aeFQNaYsa
New

Singapore

I am in Singapore.  Just wanted to get a new mini 3 Pro from dji online store.  Any gst?  The price after converting to Singapore dollars is cheaper than at the retail store.
I went to a store in Funan Centre which seems to be dji flagship store as the store has all the dji models.  So just wondering if I get from online, will the store provide any help if there is any issue.  Thanks.
2023-2-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_KT3aeFQNaYsa Posted at 2-17 23:53
I am in Singapore.  Just wanted to get a new mini 3 Pro from dji online store.  Any gst?  The price after converting to Singapore dollars is cheaper than at the retail store.
I went to a store in Funan Centre which seems to be dji flagship store as the store has all the dji models.  So just wondering if I get from online, will the store provide any help if there is any issue.  Thanks.

Yes, if the drone is purchased from DJI Online Store, you can contact our support team or the local dealer for further assistance. If you need the Funan store to help you send the drone back for repair, we suggest you confirm the shipping fee and clearance fee with them in advance.
2023-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules