Phantom 5 Pro Tuesday
2429 35 2018-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

I read an article yesterday, which I can't find the link to, about the possibility of the Phantom 5 Pro getting released this Tuesday. Any thoughts?
2018-3-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There are lots of people guessing and DJI is working on the P5 but it might not be what's being released on the 28th.
There are enough clues in DJI's announcement to suggest it's not a Phantom or Mavic.
2018-3-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Nah, just another rumor.... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-3-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is probably 'just' an industrial release as the Twitter account that was posting it is DJI enterprise.
2018-3-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

BUT, you never know
2018-3-26
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

2018-3-26
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are!!
2018-3-26
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Go to DJI and look for tab 'enterprise' - that's what you can expect.
2018-3-26
Use props
HiTcHy
lvl.2
United States

SMH everytime i think about this.  Wonder how much money they have lost by not having the 4 in production or a new 5.  Wish they would either come out with the 5 or put the 4's camera on something else.
2019-8-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Is it time for a newcomer yet.. hahaha

Everybody has anticipation for something unique...

RedHotPoker
2019-8-31
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 8-31 14:13
Is it time for a newcomer yet.. hahaha

Everybody has anticipation for something unique...

Think how well that "one off" DJI made for a customer would have sold, im on about the one with the interchangeable lens, although, if you ask me, they went to a lot of trouble and it would prob have cost triple the cost of the new inspire 3 to make that "one off" phantom, unless of course, size was a major factor and outweigh the cost of the special item, not got a clue but me thinks that that done would have sold heaps but prob way out of my budget
2019-8-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I only need a stiff drink... hahaha

RedHotPoker

2019-8-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

By the way, I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for the big announcement. Haha

RedHotPoker
2019-8-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 8-31 17:16
Think how well that "one off" DJI made for a customer would have sold, im on about the one with the interchangeable lens, although, if you ask me, they went to a lot of trouble and it would prob have cost triple the cost of the new inspire 3 to make that "one off" phantom, unless of course, size was a major factor and outweigh the cost of the special item, not got a clue but me thinks that that done would have sold heaps but prob way out of my budget

As DJI tells it, they made quite a few for a big Chinese power company, not just one.
Costs to develop and produce the new camera and a range of lenses would have been significant.
You'd think they would have gone on to use the camera and lenses on later consumer models, but since that ridiculous out of production due to parts supply issues story they fed us a year ago, the company seems to have lost their way.
They know what they are doing but it's a mystery to everyone else.

A P5 camera, gimbal and a 50mm equivalent lens turned up for sale secondhand on a Chinese website a month ago.
I'd snap up something like that in a flash if they ever release it.

2019-8-31
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

I wonder if it is going to be called Rumour Pro as thats the only thing that seems to be coming out of DJI right now.
2019-9-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 8-31 19:11
As DJI tells it, they made quite a few for a big Chinese power company, not just one.
Costs to develop and produce the new camera and a range of lenses would have been significant.
You'd think they would have gone on to use the camera and lenses on later consumer models, but since that ridiculous out of production due to parts supply issues story they fed us a year ago, the company seems to have lost their way.

I'd not heard about the power company story, thanks, i just assumed it was literally a 1 off, makes a bit more sense now lol....

I think that that internal fraud must have hit a lot harder than let on, perhaps the P5 was going to be released at a later date but that happened and it put heed to it, or perhaps it never was and the rumour folks just picked up on the P5 from that back of the custom built model. I supposed we will never know.

With that being said, they should, by rights, still be starting with the P4 production soon, i did read that the P4 was gonna be selling again in October and now brought forward to September, now this idea would make sense, more than the one that would leave all the P4 customers high and dry with no more parts available, ever, namely batteries. Now we are back to my own hypothesis, that it was just the batteries alone that they were struggling with, i find it difficult to believe that 2 manufacturers, battery and whatever other one (lets just say motors) couldnt produce for whatever reason,  now the battery (cell packs) alone, yes, because thats got to be from a separate specialized company and then prob put together in house at DJI, we know that the battery side of things is deffo true, that has been blatantly obvious these last few months lol, so deffo one manufacturer, but 2 of them, i doubt it......
2019-9-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 9-1 18:36
I'd not heard about the power company story, thanks, i just assumed it was literally a 1 off, makes a bit more sense now lol....

I think that that internal fraud must have hit a lot harder than let on, perhaps the P5 was going to be released at a later date but that happened and it put heed to it, or perhaps it never was and the rumour folks just picked up on the P5 from that back of the custom built model. I supposed we will never know.

With that being said, they should, by rights, still be starting with the P4 production soon.
I wouldn't get to excited about this rumour.
It's only showed up in one site with a dubious reputation a month ago and not been confirmed by any other source.
And it's very unlike DJI to announce what they are doing in advance.

Time will tell, but I'll be extremely surprised if anything of the prediction actually happens.
2019-9-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>

Labroides Posted at 9-2 06:41
With that being said, they should, by rights, still be starting with the P4 production soon.
I wouldn't get to excited about this rumour.
It's only showed up in one site with a dubious reputation a month ago and not been confirmed by any other source.

True, i cant remember which site id seen it on now, i hope its not fictitious, end of an era if so, they deffo still have a decent market for such a craft, perhaps they are waiting for the EU laws to come out and will go from there regarding any "new" phantom types, i still wouldnt want to take a mavic to a professional job and the inspire is still out of reach for me, so is a new P model mind but 2nd user i could prob manage
2019-9-2
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>

It is hardly posible to believe that the company like DJI would do such stupid thing like moving their best midsized drone the Phantom out of production if they not have an equivalent or better replacement for it. If not this is a shot in their own leg.
2019-9-3
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

I think as far as DJI's troubles go, we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg.  Think of all that revenue on the P4P market that was just cut off.  There has to be a damn good reason for doing that.
2019-9-3
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft

Well I’ve had revenue in my pocket for 6 weeks for a new kit. Was wanting an inspire 2 but worried it’s end of life. Maybe it’s not but DJI ain’t saying anything and I’m not parting with the cash till I know whats in the future for this equipment. I could buy one and they’ll release an inspire 3 in a few weeks??  Who knows. I believe I’m not the only one with money on the sidelines for a new Kit so come on DJI, any news on what your plans are? Don’t you want my money?  
2019-9-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

Archangel3356 Posted at 9-3 09:55
Well I’ve had revenue in my pocket for 6 weeks for a new kit. Was wanting an inspire 2 but worried it’s end of life. Maybe it’s not but DJI ain’t saying anything and I’m not parting with the cash till I know whats in the future for this equipment. I could buy one and they’ll release an inspire 3 in a few weeks??  Who knows. I believe I’m not the only one with money on the sidelines for a new Kit so come on DJI, any news on what your plans are? Don’t you want my money?

DJI will never release information much in advance of any new release so your strategy leaves you without the product you want, waiting an unknown time for an unknown product that might not arrive at all.
Or it could, but be no better than what is already available but cost more.
A smarter strategy would be to buy something now if it does what you want or need.
2019-9-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain

I wonder if Frank Wang even reads these posts...

Seeing what the masses desire.

RedHotPoker
2019-9-3
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft

Labroides Posted at 9-3 16:54
DJI will never release information much in advance of any new release so your strategy leaves you without the product you want, waiting an unknown time for an unknown product that might not arrive at all.
Or it could, but be no better than what is already available but cost more.
A smarter strategy would be to buy something now if it does what you want or need.

I’m enjoying my two phantoms so waiting is no issue for me. I have turned down a few jobs because I don’t have Inspire 2 capabilities but I fly for enjoyment 75 percent of the time anyway. Inspire 2 would be for the wife and I to enjoy so not a necessity. Here’s what I’m noticing that makes me not want to purchase now. Shortages of many products in many locations, not responding to questions about those products, many complaints about the Inspire hover capabilities have gone ignored, makes me a little reluctant to spend 7K on the product. Im all ready the proud owner of two orphaned Crystalsky monitors and you know the saying, fool me once....  in all fairness both my CS monitors work but they have so much potential but DJI gave up on them it seems shortly after they released it.  All DJI has to do is say they will be producing and supporting the Inspire 2 for a few more years and/or cameras and batteries would be interchangeable with their new model and that would make a difference to me. Who knows maybe something completely new coming but in the mean time my two Phantoms are working just fine.
2019-9-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft

I think many people are forgetting that DJI has a major Industrial side to the Company - our 'hobby side' may be serious business but DJI will not go down if it does not continue Phantom line.

Another factor of course : How much of the product is produced in China and how much is imported ? With tariffs and sanctions along with pressure on such as Japan to reduce exports to China etc. - this can have an impact on the camera parts as example.

As support for existing Phantom models - much as some poo-poo the idea - there are many 3rd party items out there to keep our P's going. Its similar to the RC Helicopter story where people advise to stay with Align but 3rd Party support the models ... (before anyone says it - yes I know that Align actually took designs form another ...)
Just thinking out loud.
2019-9-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>

I just heard that the phantom has stopped because sony no longer make the camera, not sure how true it is, awaiting further info, at least the battery is back in stock but now DJI has removed the actual P4P and P4A from the shop so it looks like perhaps the info regarding starting up production again is incorrect......
2019-9-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain

Bashy Posted at 9-4 19:19
I just heard that the phantom has stopped because sony no longer make the camera, not sure how true it is, awaiting further info, at least the battery is back in stock but now DJI has removed the actual P4P and P4A from the shop so it looks like perhaps the info regarding starting up production again is incorrect......

Sony did not make the camera, just the image sensor. But there are many other sensors they could use, however it would take some time to re-design the camera for a different sensor. Perhaps that is what is causing the out-of-stock situation..
2019-9-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>

Geebax Posted at 9-4 19:49
Sony did not make the camera, just the image sensor. But there are many other sensors they could use, however it would take some time to re-design the camera for a different sensor. Perhaps that is what is causing the out-of-stock situation..

its not longer an out of stock issue, its been totally removed from the store
2019-9-5
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>

It would be a shame if DJI stopped the Phantom line as there are an awful lot of people who have had great fun and professional use out of them.  I can though understand DJI doing this if the Mavic series sales are high. We will just have to wait and see.
2019-9-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Mullheliflier Posted at 9-5 04:19
It would be a shame if DJI stopped the Phantom line as there are an awful lot of people who have had great fun and professional use out of them.  I can though understand DJI doing this if the Mavic series sales are high. We will just have to wait and see.

Perhaps will see a Mavic 2 Pro RTK on the horizon to replace the Phantom.
2019-9-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain

Bashy Posted at 9-5 04:09
its not longer an out of stock issue, its been totally removed from the store

Not where I am:

2019-9-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

It looks like the DJI store is a little disorganised.
Last week you could see the P4 pro in the store with the note that it was out of stock.
It didn't matter what country you tried but this week, if you try US/UK  (up in the top right of the store page), all that's showing for the P4 series is accessories but the Australian site gives that Not available in your country sign.
I think the meaning is the same - It's not available in any country.
2019-9-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>

Yeah, thats my take on that too, sad times, im glad i dont do this professionally, i wouldnt want to use a mavic for professional use as it just does not give off a pro vibe, where as the the Phantom does and i certainly couldnt afford the  I2
2019-9-5
Use props
sedeco
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8060653 ft
  • >>>

sooooooon  all phantom no stock and no more product  so 5 will see it soon
2019-9-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>

sedeco Posted at 9-7 03:13
sooooooon  all phantom no stock and no more product  so 5 will see it soon

all phantom no stock and no more product  so 5 will see it soon

If being out of stock meant a replacement isn't far away, the Phantom 5 would have been available for almost a year.
That's how long the Phantom 4 series have been out of stock now.
2019-9-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>

Labroides Posted at 9-7 05:37
all phantom no stock and no more product  so 5 will see it soon

If being out of stock meant a replacement isn't far away, the Phantom 5 would have been available for almost a year.

And i would have bought a second user one by now too lol
2019-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules