Latest DJI Go 4 firmware Won't Pair to I2
716 1 2018-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DALLEN
lvl.2
United States

I was notified by the DJI Go 4 app on my iPad that I needed to download the latest DJI Go 4 firmware which seems ot overhwleming related to the X7S camera. So I cable connected from the iPad to my I2/X5S after hitting the switch upwards to pair and commenced downloading the firmware from the blue folder icon showing on my iPad . After 39 seconds of the folder icon showing that the latest DJI firmware was being added to my I2, the download stops, the blue bar reappears waiting for me to continue downloading, so I tap it, it resumes and instantly stops again, the blue bar icon to resume comes up again, nothing ever continues, it just keeps doing the same thing over and over.

I tried it again with my iPhone X which has the latest iOS, same thing. I deleted the app from my iPhone X, reinstalled it, same thing happened.  I deleted the app from my iPad, downloaded the lastest iOS to my iPad, reinstalled the latest DJI Go 4 form teh Apple app store, it still it will not pair downloaded past 39 or 40 seconds.

Now mind you, it is midnight, and the next morning at 6 a.m. I leave for a shoot. The tx would not link to the I2 making it totally inflyable. After screwing around for several hours, and not ever suceeding in uploading all the way the latest firmware via the pair cable , the tx and receiver finally  out of the blue talked to eachother and the I2 was flyable and all worked. Still no firmware update though.

DJI, you can't even get your forum software to send a password reset webpage that shows anything on the webpage in either the latest Firefox or Safari, and you sure can't seem to make your download/upload firmware process reliable.

There will come a day when you no longer have 90% market share and if you continue with such nonsense, you will become the Blackberry of drones for your unrelaible,  failed user experience.

2018-3-25
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

A couple things. First, we all get frustrated with DJI software sometimes, so you're not alone. In particular, it's common for the update to hang somewhere along the road. Second, general rule of thumb for upgrading FW on the I2 is to use Assistant 2.1 rather than updating through Go4. It has it's own problems, but generally is considered more stable. (FWIW, your issue sounds more like a connection problem, but still it's frustrating). Finally, there's an old adage in photography: never take a "new" camera to a job (chances are you don't completely know how it works yet), well, there's a corollary to that rule -- never run a firmware update the night before a "job"....for a couple of reasons. The obvious is that you'll have the problems you did, and the not so obvious is that a firmware update on the I2, means it's a new craft from a functionality standpoint....see the previous rule.
2018-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules