Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Announcement about TB50 intelligent battery cells error
1234Next >
20547 137 2018-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Dear users,

We have received reports of a battery cell error with the TB50 Intelligent Batteries used in the Inspire 2. This error is caused by an unbalanced battery cell voltage, and we will diminish this issue through a firmware update in the near future. Through our test and analysis, the battery will become normal after cells are balanced.

Please follow DJI’s official website for firmware update announcements or watch out for update notifications in the app. For more details, please refer to the release notes of the soon to be released firmware update.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,
DJI Support

2018-3-25
Use props
Keule
Captain
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I hope that issue is also handled by firmware for the M200 series aircraft.
2018-3-26
Use props
Mafia16
Captain
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

HI, i send one battery tb50 to the repair center in shenzhen and the toss it soo what can i do now?
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mafia16 Posted at 2018-3-26 02:53
HI, i send one battery tb50 to the repair center in shenzhen and the toss it soo what can i do now?

If you already sent in, our repair team will help to take care of it, no worries.
2018-3-26
Use props
fansb7322c5c
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4927142 ft
  • >>>

Have 4 out of 6 brand new batteries with cell error, can't even use the thing. Do I have to send them in or will they work. Anything I can do?
2018-3-26
Use props
Mafia16
Captain
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-26 03:34
If you already sent in, our repair team will help to take care of it, no worries.

HI Mindy, they toss it what can i do about it?
2018-3-26
Use props
fansfd50c856
First Officer
Flight distance : 860085 ft
  • >>>

Good news at last for all these people with faulty TB50s ,when can we expect this update ? this year?
2018-3-26
Use props
Skyris
Captain
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansfd50c856 Posted at 2018-3-26 08:25
Good news at last for all these people with faulty TB50s ,when can we expect this update ? this year?

this year hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha they should have a coming soon watermark over the error...
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mafia16 Posted at 2018-3-26 05:43
HI Mindy, they toss it what can i do about it?

Do you have the case number so that I can check more details? Thank you.
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Keule Posted at 2018-3-26 00:30
I hope that issue is also handled by firmware for the M200 series aircraft.

Hi Keule, the battery level display of M200 battery has been optimized in V01.01.0500, please check more details here in release notes. GTScreenshot_20180327_164808.png
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansb7322c5c Posted at 2018-3-26 05:41
Have 4 out of 6 brand new batteries with cell error, can't even use the thing. Do I have to send them in or will they work. Anything I can do?

The firmware will be released soon, I recommend to wait for a few more days, if the battery is still warranty period and you would like to send them in, it is OK too.
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansfd50c856 Posted at 2018-3-26 08:25

We will not keep you waiting for too long, it will be released soon, but I do not have the estimated date yet, sorry for this. Thanks for your patience very much.
2018-3-27
Use props
Mafia16
Captain
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-27 00:42
Do you have the case number so that I can check more details? Thank you.

CAS-1327531-X2D8J3        here
2018-3-27
Use props
Rob Levine
United States

I just had to buy a new battery because DJI support told me my battery was shot.  The original only had six cycles!
2018-3-27
Use props
TraderDMB
Flight distance : 9447198 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have 4 batteries giving me this issue. After following DJIs recommended procedure, now they wont even charge. typical DJI
2018-3-27
Use props
TraderDMB
Flight distance : 9447198 ft
  • >>>
United States

15 cycles.. pathetic
2018-3-27
Use props
RobAlbania
Second Officer
Albania

@DJI Mindy@

Well it is good news that DJI have found the problem with TB50 batteries that will be fixed in a forthcoming "coming soon" firmware update.  
So thank you for informing us that a problem has been found, it is appreciated.
But, can DJI understand that we I2 owners are feeling neglected by DJI because of all the "coming soon" promises that have never been delivered, even after 18 months?

2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mafia16 Posted at 2018-3-27 02:33
CAS-1327531-X2D8J3        here

Thanks for the case number, may I know what our support has told you before? Did we send you any replacement? May I have a screenshot of the reply from our support? Besides, do you still remember the shipping label when you sent in? Thank you.
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rob Levine Posted at 2018-3-27 10:47
I just had to buy a new battery because DJI support told me my battery was shot.  The original only had six cycles!

Sorry for this situation, we have just located the issue and are working on getting it fixed, please update the firmware when it released.
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TraderDMB Posted at 2018-3-27 14:29
i have 4 batteries giving me this issue. After following DJIs recommended procedure, now they wont even charge. typical DJI

May I have the recommended procedure that our support provided before? Will the battery be powered on? If they cannot be charged, did you send in the battery for further evaluation?
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-3-27 14:56
@DJI Mindy@

Well it is good news that DJI have found the problem with TB50 batteries that will be fixed in a forthcoming "coming soon" firmware update.  

Rob, I understand your frustration, for some new functions or accessories that display in our website, we will release them as soon as possible, but for the issues customer encounters during flight, we are doing our best to get it fixed, appreciate your understanding and patience very much.
2018-3-29
Use props
RobAlbania
Second Officer
Albania

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-29 02:02
Rob, I understand your frustration, for some new functions or accessories that display in our website, we will release them as soon as possible, but for the issues customer encounters during flight, we are doing our best to get it fixed, appreciate your understanding and patience very much.

@DJI Mindy@

Thanks a lot for your reply.  I understand from what you've said the top priority is to fix "bugs" that affect safety or product reliability, that is sensible.

I am a software developer with about 40 years in the trade, in fact I am at retirement age, so I have some free time available.  I'd like to help produce an enhanced version of the DJI Go 4 App, with new features, using the DJI Mobile SDK.  I have started using Android Studio and the DJI Mobile SDK already.  There is a large amount of very useful code that DJI have already placed on GitHub.  Would DJI consider also providing a copy of the code for the whole DJI Go 4 App on GitHub from time to time, so that new features may be added by the developer community?

I see great benefit for DJI and all customers in supporting a wider "open source" developer community and getting "free" developer resources contributing to the efforts to enhance DJI Go 4.  If DJI makes this contribution of the DJI Go 4 app as an "open source" license, then DJI would also have the right to take the new code generated by the developer community, and put it into the mainline DJI Go 4 product.

What do you think?  Could you discuss this suggestion with the head of software engineering at DJI and get an official answer to the proposal?

Thanks,
Rob

2018-3-29
Use props
Skyp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9656 ft
Hong Kong

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-3-29 08:24
@DJI Mindy@

Thanks a lot for your reply.  I understand from what you've said the top priority is to fix "bugs" that affect safety or product reliability, that is sensible.

Open source? It seems impossible.
2018-3-29
Use props
RobAlbania
Second Officer
Albania

Skyp Posted at 2018-3-29 22:43
Open source? It seems impossible.

Not impossible, but actual fact ...
See https://developer.dji.com/mobile-sdk/documentation/android-tutorials/UILibraryDemo.html
2018-3-30
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

@DJI Mindy
What state of charge should the battery be in, when attempting to using this update to balance the cells? Does it matter, or should the battery be fully charged or is partially charged ok? I have 1 battery that shows the error with 18 charges on it. This happened after fw was updated during the fall.
2018-3-31
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

I just started a  new thread on a battery error message. Looks like this may be connected. It's happened to only 1 of my 6 batteries so far but reading this thread i'm concerned that this will affect all 6 as I charge them. I come from the days when Lipos would often catch fire and needed to be manually balanced so I am very cautious about any battery issues. When the firmware gets fixed. What guarantees will we have that damage has not been done to the TB50's?

2018-4-1
Use props
Octovisuals
lvl.1

Spain

Wow, just wow... You force consumers to buy only your products locking your drones, you charge like twice for those batteries compared to a regular battery... and you aren't capable of even get them balanced, which is one of the very first things all lipo/users should do since day 0.

Excuse me if I'm too cynic.
2018-4-1
Use props
Barry Goyette
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-3-31 11:01
@DJI Mindy
What state of charge should the battery be in, when attempting to using this update to balance the cells? Does it matter, or should the battery be fully charged or is partially charged ok? I have 1 battery that shows the error with 18 charges on it. This happened after fw was updated during the fall.

I had two sets go south during the cinecore 2.0 beta, After retrograding the fW to pre cinecore 2.0, they both magically "fixed" themselves. Once the official FW was installed, they went back to cell error. Whether by design or by chance, the .0200 upgrade caused this issue.  I requested the beta a few weeks ago, but it has yet to arrive. I'm guessing the official version will be released prior to the beta arriving :-)
2018-4-1
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Barry Goyette Posted at 2018-4-1 11:19
I had two sets go south during the cinecore 2.0 beta, After retrograding the fW to pre cinecore 2.0, they both magically "fixed" themselves. Once the official FW was installed, they went back to cell error. Whether by design or by chance, the .0200 upgrade caused this issue.  I requested the beta a few weeks ago, but it has yet to arrive. I'm guessing the official version will be released prior to the beta arriving :-)

Hi Barry, unfortunately I think you might be correct, in that it might take some time.
2018-4-1
Use props
Skyp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9656 ft
Hong Kong

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-3-30 13:13
Not impossible, but actual fact ...
See https://developer.dji.com/mobile-sdk/documentation/android-tutorials/UILibraryDemo.html
[view_image]

That's just the mobile SDK, far away from open source.
2018-4-1
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-4-1 01:46
I just started a  new thread on a battery error message. Looks like this may be connected. It's happened to only 1 of my 6 batteries so far but reading this thread i'm concerned that this will affect all 6 as I charge them. I come from the days when Lipos would often catch fire and needed to be manually balanced so I am very cautious about any battery issues. When the firmware gets fixed. What guarantees will we have that damage has not been done to the TB50's?

[view_image]

Hi
I understand your concern regarding these TB50 batteries. Based on some personal experience with these batteries, the error code is due to cell imbalance. Of course anything can happen, but this situation is not overcurrent or overvoltage. It is because one or more cells were not maintained with a even balance voltage. The DJI battery management system (Intelligent battery circuit) is not doing the job. Hopefully the new FW will correct this from happening in the future. I am not convinced the FW will fix some of these badly out of balance batteries.

As you know these batteries are locked from the user and you must rely on the system working.  I wish DJI would provide us with batteries that allow us to have access to the cells for manual repairing just like most of the other companies have.

All the best
Rich
2018-4-1
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-1 20:15
Hi
I understand your concern regarding these TB50 batteries. Based on some personal experience with these batteries, the error code is due to cell imbalance. Of course anything can happen, but this situation is not overcurrent or overvoltage. It is because one or more cells were not maintained with a even balance voltage. The DJI battery management system (Intelligent battery circuit) is not doing the job. Hopefully the new FW will correct this from happening in the future. I am not convinced the FW will fix some of these badly out of balance batteries.

Hi,

None of my batteries are unbalanced. This is a firmware fault. DJI have admitted that.
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-3-29 08:24
@DJI Mindy@

Hi Rob, thanks for your proposal about our APP development, we will transfer your suggestion to our engineers for consideration, thanks for your attention.
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-3-31 11:01
@DJI Mindy
What state of charge should the battery be in, when attempting to using this update to balance the cells? Does it matter, or should the battery be fully charged or is partially charged ok? I have 1 battery that shows the error with 18 charges on it. This happened after fw was updated during the fall.

Hi Cougar, sorry to know you have the same issue, the official firmware will be released soon, we will optimize the balance function of battery, customer will just need to update the firmware, for more details, we will make it clear in release notes when it is released.
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-4-1 01:46
I just started a  new thread on a battery error message. Looks like this may be connected. It's happened to only 1 of my 6 batteries so far but reading this thread i'm concerned that this will affect all 6 as I charge them. I come from the days when Lipos would often catch fire and needed to be manually balanced so I am very cautious about any battery issues. When the firmware gets fixed. What guarantees will we have that damage has not been done to the TB50's?

[view_image]

I have responded your new thread, for the damaged battery, we do not recommend to use it until the official firmware is released, we have optimized the balance principle and according to other users' feedback who have already tested the beta, it works fine. We appreciate your patience for the firmware release.
2018-4-2
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-2 02:09
I have responded your new thread, for the damaged battery, we do not recommend to use it until the official firmware is released, we have optimized the balance principle and according to other users' feedback who have already tested the beta, it works fine. We appreciate your patience for the firmware release.

Hi. This worries me. Why do you think that the battery is damaged?
2018-4-2
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cougar1 Posted at 2018-4-1 11:54
Hi Barry, unfortunately I think you might be correct, in that it might take some time.

This situation is getting more confused. DJI are now advising not to use batteries that have been affected by the fault in the Firmware and are describing them as being damaged.  
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-4-2 02:46
This situation is getting more confused. DJI are now advising not to use batteries that have been affected by the fault in the Firmware and are describing them as being damaged.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and confusion, I mean the battery that shows the error in APP, the error shows up because of the unbalanced cell voltage, we will get it fixed in the next firmware, thanks for your patience.
2018-4-2
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-2 03:09
Sorry for the misunderstanding and confusion, I mean the battery that shows the error in APP, the error shows up because of the unbalanced cell voltage, we will get it fixed in the next firmware, thanks for your patience.

Hi. This is a serious issue. I cannot fly my I2 because this fault will not allow me to take off.  Please tell us .... When will the new firmware be released?
2018-4-2
Use props
Barry Goyette
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Mindy,

I just received the beta and installed it on my craft, with one of the sets of affected batteries installed to run the FW update. There  were no notes that came with the beta. Elektra had previously mentioned to make sure the battery's were fully charged. Which I did.  

The FW updated rather quickly, which  was nice. but there was no additional update for the battery, or message to update the battery, or any procedure mentioned for "balancing"  nor is there any change in the battery's status in Go4 (still showing a cell error for the battery, but no unusual cells, or voltage issues). When I place the battery in the charger,  the charger indicator blinks green for a few seconds then switches to a yellow blink, and one of the status lights on the battery itself begins blinking. I'm assuming this means it cannot charge,  similar to the previous posts.

Am I missing something?
2018-4-2
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules