1234Next >
20779 137 2018-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansac0c34ec
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1373504 ft
Australia

Hi DJI.. I currently have 3 faulty sets of TB50 batteries giving me 'cell errors'. Sitting here impatiently for the software update that may or may not fix this issue... I share the frustration of many others here as we are trying to run businesses and can't operate properly on commercial jobs without all our battery sets to get through the day. As I have important jobs in the coming week/weeks, I cant wait around for some software update so I have to now consider buying more TB50 batteries to get by and not let down my clients.

My question is this: Can Dji please tell us if the TB50 battery is likely to be in the future version of the Inspire (Inspire 3)? I am hesitant to invest in several more sets of TB50 batteries for my Inspire which is now 16 months old, when a new Pro series drone might be on the horizon at the end of this year or early next year... (just my best guess, as Inspire 2 will be two years old in December 2018 which will be the same life span as the Inspire 1 had). However if I knew this battery type will be used in the next version of the Inspire 2, I'd happily invest into more batteries now.
2018-4-9
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

fansac0c34ec Posted at 2018-4-9 02:58
Hi DJI.. I currently have 3 faulty sets of TB50 batteries giving me 'cell errors'. Sitting here impatiently for the software update that may or may not fix this issue... I share the frustration of many others here as we are trying to run businesses and can't operate properly on commercial jobs without all our battery sets to get through the day. As I have important jobs in the coming week/weeks, I cant wait around for some software update so I have to now consider buying more TB50 batteries to get by and not let down my clients.

My question is this: Can Dji please tell us if the TB50 battery is likely to be in the future version of the Inspire (Inspire 3)? I am hesitant to invest in several more sets of TB50 batteries for my Inspire which is now 16 months old, when a new Pro series drone might be on the horizon at the end of this year or early next year... (just my best guess, as Inspire 2 will be two years old in December 2018 which will be the same life span as the Inspire 1 had). However if I knew this battery type will be used in the next version of the Inspire 2, I'd happily invest into more batteries now.

That's a really good question. Personally I'm sitting tight until the new Firmware is released. 2 of my 6 TB50s are affected. I'm not running them down to 5% as Go4 and DJI have advised. I won't be beta testing
the new firmware in case a) It doesn't fix the batteries and b) It has a a negative effect on the I2. I'm also not going to attempt to charge up the 4 good batteries that I have in case they get infected by this issue. I definitely would not consider buying another £400 matched pair of new batteries until this is fixed. I doubt very much if DJI will design the I3 to use I2 batteries.  
2018-4-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-4-9 02:38
Hi Rich. It would be really helpful if you could let us know how you get on with the beta version and if it fixes your batteries. Thanks.

Just send a PM to Mindy and ask if you can be added to the beta group.  I have no other information about this right now.  Keep looking at the updates for the DJI FW to be announced

Rich
2018-4-9
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Hi DJI.. I currently have 3 faulty sets of TB50 batteries giving me 'cell errors'. Sitting here impatiently for the software update that may or may not fix this issue... I share the frustration of many others here as we are trying to run businesses and can't operate properly on commercial jobs without all our battery sets to get through the day. As I have important jobs in the coming week/weeks, I cant wait around for some software update so I have to now consider buying more TB50 batteries to get by and not let down my clients.

My question is this: Can Dji please tell us if the TB50 battery is likely to be in the future version of the Inspire (Inspire 3)? I am hesitant to invest in several more sets of TB50 batteries for my Inspire which is now 16 months old, when a new Pro series drone might be on the horizon at the end of this year or early next year... (just my best guess, as Inspire 2 will be two years old in December 2018 which will be the same life span as the Inspire 1 had). However if I knew this battery type will be used in the next version of the Inspire 2, I'd happily invest into more batteries now.

The best predictor for future direction is to look at past history.
I would not count on anything from the earlier bird being compatible with a newer product.

Base your purchasing decisions upon what you need today.
2018-4-9
Use props
daev2018
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too am hoping batteries will be forward compatible to the next Inspire. Also the X5s, X7 and SSD memory.
2018-4-9
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-9 16:26
Just send a PM to Mindy and ask if you can be added to the beta group.  I have no other information about this right now.  Keep looking at the updates for the DJI FW to be announced

Rich

Hi Rich. I already did that but  reconsidered becoming a DJI beta tester when I found out that the FW can't be rolled back if it doesn't work and  that it's not guaranteed to fix the battery issue. Numerous potential scenarios therefore. What if the Beta affects the I2 in a different way other than the batteries? What If the Beta ends up infecting & bricking the 4 working batteries I have left? Etc. Etc. Etc.  I would assume that installing the Beta is done at the owners risk?  All of my batteries are older than 6 months so if the infected DJI firmware has bricked , or will end up bricking all 6 of them I'm looking at over a grands worth of damage.
2018-4-10
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

daev2018 Posted at 2018-4-9 17:14
I too am hoping batteries will be forward compatible to the next Inspire. Also the X5s, X7 and SSD memory.

I can't see that happening. Possibly the SSD and the X7.  
2018-4-10
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-8 01:02
Sorry Rich, I just saw your message, I have replied your PM, please check, thanks.

Hello Mindy,

Thanks for giving me a try too with the new beta firmware please.

Patrick
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

patou72 Posted at 2018-4-11 01:56
Hello Mindy,

Thanks for giving me a try too with the new beta firmware please.

Thank you, I have sent you PM, please check.
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

We apologize for the unpleasant experience with our products, currently, there is no any news about the next generation of Inspire series products, let alone the battery. Currently, per other users' feedback about the beta, it works fine, please let me know if you would like to have a try or please wait patiently for the official firmware release, thank you.
2018-4-11
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

This post is nearly 3 weeks old. When will the updated firmware be released.
2018-4-11
Use props
daev2018
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-4-11 10:19
This post is nearly 3 weeks old. When will the updated firmware be released.

We need warmer weather for the new firmware to be tested. Wait patiently for spring to be over.
I will stop flying my I2 until the update so I don't risk more battery failures. 2 of 10 so far all under 18 uses.
2018-4-11
Use props
daev2018
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-11 02:23
We apologize for the unpleasant experience with our products, currently, there is no any news about the next generation of Inspire series products, let alone the battery. Currently, per other users' feedback about the beta, it works fine, please let me know if you would like to have a try or please wait patiently for the official firmware release, thank you.

There are many more good things to say about your products. If they weren't the best we wouldn't own them. Thanks for answering everyones questions.
2018-4-11
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-4-10 02:04
Hi Rich. I already did that but  reconsidered becoming a DJI beta tester when I found out that the FW can't be rolled back if it doesn't work and  that it's not guaranteed to fix the battery issue. Numerous potential scenarios therefore. What if the Beta affects the I2 in a different way other than the batteries? What If the Beta ends up infecting & bricking the 4 working batteries I have left? Etc. Etc. Etc.  I would assume that installing the Beta is done at the owners risk?  All of my batteries are older than 6 months so if the infected DJI firmware has bricked , or will end up bricking all 6 of them I'm looking at over a grands worth of damage.

I understand, lots of $$$.  Let's see how the testing goes...  Hang in there

Rich
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

daev2018 Posted at 2018-4-11 18:33
There are many more good things to say about your products. If they weren't the best we wouldn't own them. Thanks for answering everyones questions.

I will do my best to support each customer, I understand your concern, we are also waiting for the official firmware, if some users can't wait and would like to try the beta, welcome to PM me.
2018-4-12
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

daev2018 Posted at 2018-4-11 18:14
We need warmer weather for the new firmware to be tested. Wait patiently for spring to be over.
I will stop flying my I2 until the update so I don't risk more battery failures. 2 of 10 so far all under 18 uses.

I've stopped flying my I2 also;  Too risky to fly with a known battery issue like this.  not worth the risk.

I have however rented a Kite to take the place of my I2,  its a little harder to control and only fly's on windy days. Payload capability is a little low.  But I'll make do, my clients don't seem to mind, and I can fly in more places now because the drone rules don't apply to my Kite.         <--- In case its not clear, I was kidding....
2018-4-12
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-12 00:18
I will do my best to support each customer, I understand your concern, we are also waiting for the official firmware, if some users can't wait and would like to try the beta, welcome to PM me.

Your collegue has advised to drain down the affected battery to 0% and then recharge the battery. Can you confirm that this will fix the problem. Thanks
2018-4-13
Use props
fans37c024db
lvl.2
Russia

Hi! Can you send me the betta firmware with instructions for tb50? I have the same issue with one of my batteries.
2018-4-14
Use props
daev2018
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Please?
2018-4-14
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

My I2 has been grounded with this battery error for 3 weeks. I have a client demonstration this week.  The client is unaware of the potential of drones in my industry and part of my pitch is always to explain Land Mapping, High level inspections Etc. If I take the I2 and it won't boot up because of the damaged Firmware I will get laughed out of the place and probably never hear from them again.  So I ask again, DJI, When will the firmware be released that will fix this issue?
2018-4-14
Use props
daev2018
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-11 02:23

Hello Mindy,

May I please try the beta firmware for Inspire 2 to see if it resolves the battery issue?

I appreciate all your support.

Sincerely,

David
2018-4-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

daev2018 Posted at 2018-4-15 19:34
Hello Mindy,

May I please try the beta firmware for Inspire 2 to see if it resolves the battery issue?

Hi David, sorry that I was off duty in the last two days, I will reply your PM, please check later, thank you.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-4-13 05:40
Your collegue has advised to drain down the affected battery to 0% and then recharge the battery. Can you confirm that this will fix the problem. Thanks

Currently, I think this method is not very necessary since we have stated the issue will be optimized by firmware, if you would like to try the beta, please let me know.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans37c024db Posted at 2018-4-14 00:51
Hi! Can you send me the betta firmware with instructions for tb50? I have the same issue with one of my batteries.

May I have a screenshot of the battery settings firstly?
2018-4-16
Use props
fans37c024db
lvl.2
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-16 01:55
May I have a screenshot of the battery settings firstly?

Shure! 20180416_133543-800x600.jpg
2018-4-16
Use props
fansc0307913
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9088 ft
  • >>>

Hello
Do you remember my inspire 2 who was off in flight and fell?
DJI's answer: it was an Esc error, it rocked, and fell.
We do not take it as a guarantee, because you wanted to repair our mistake by consolidating the fixing of the motors.
Recall of the crash: No wind, not cold, not hot, I leave at 200m, no mistake, the drone is extinguished and falls.
On the ground it restarts and puts an Esc error.
They just gave it back to me because I did not want them to pass me the drone of someone else.
(Their sav policy or they repair after, and drones are traded).
So I dismounted the part Esc, and I saw that the cable was torn off, because the arm when falling had twisted.
What is confirmed is the Esc error that appeared after the crash!
So I looked at the batteries and one was at 0 volts. I opened it, checked the cells, and one is at 0 volts.
I now understand why it is extinct in flight. If a battery goes out, it goes out. But enough to put it on, from where the restart to the ground.
There really are engineers at Dji? I know that they had recalled full batteries during the manufacture, a priori there are still big security problems.

#Crash #inspire2 #Dji #sav #Djisupport #Inspire #djimavic #phantom4 #photography #phantom #djirepair #djispark #djigo#DJIglobal #dronestagram #dronegear #dronesdji #broke #drone

Bonjour
Vous vous souvenez de mon inspire 2 qui c’est éteint en vol et est tombé?
La réponse de DJI : c’était une erreur Esc, il a basculé, et est tombé.
On ne le prend pas en garantie, car vous avez voulu réparer notre erreur en consolidant la fixation des moteurs.
Rappel du crash : Pas de vent, pas froid, pas chaud, je part à 200m, pas d’erreur, le drone s éteint et tombe.
Au sol il redémarre et met une erreur Esc.
Ils viennent de me le rendre car je ne voulais pas qu’ils me passent le drone de quelqu’un d’autre.
( Leurs politique de Sav ou ils réparent après, et les drones sont échangé ).
J’ai donc démonté la partie Esc, et j’ai vu que le cable s’était arraché, car le bras en tombant s’était tordue.
Ce qui est confirme que l’erreur Esc qui est apparue après le crash !
J’ai donc regardé les batteries et une était à 0 volt. Je l’ai ouverte, vérifié les cellules, et une est à 0 volt.
je comprend maintenant pourquoi il c’est éteint en vol. Si une batterie lâche il s’éteint. Mais une suffie a le mettre sous tension, d’ou le rédémarrage au sol.
Il y a vraiment des ingénieurs chez Dji ? Je sais qu’ils avaient rappelé pleins de batteries lors de la fabrication, a priori il y a encore de gros problèmes de sécurité.

2018-4-16
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

What are the consequences of theses batteries issues & crashes for DJI ????
Inspire 2 users will definitly need the DJI Battery Station, and guess what?!!! this is available on the DJI store =)

Few millions $ in the pocket for DJI because of this Firmware Upgrade, sad end for DJI don't you feel?!
2018-4-16
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-4-16 10:06
What are the consequences of theses batteries issues & crashes for DJI ????
Inspire 2 users will definitly need the DJI Battery Station, and guess what?!!! this is available on the DJI store =)

You tricked me....  I thought the DJI Battery station was in stock at the store....  was excited for about 30 seconds, and then found it was not in stock :-(
2018-4-16
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-4-16 19:50
You tricked me....  I thought the DJI Battery station was in stock at the store....  was excited for about 30 seconds, and then found it was not in stock :-(

Sorry but there is a date: 10-15 days to be shipped ! they announced the availabality few days ago !
2018-4-16
Use props
fans37c024db
lvl.2
Russia

When will you send the beta firmware? What do you have for crappy service and attitude to the users? You ignore my messages...
Already one week can not use a drone normally, one set of batteries just lying on a shelf.
2018-4-17
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any news on the firmware update?
Will it be released this month ?
2018-4-17
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Anyone following this issue will pick up on the fact that it's affecting more and more TB50s daily. My I2 has now been grounded for nearly a month. The lack of informed updates from anyone in the know at DJI is very disturbing and I'm beginning to think that maybe they don't have a fix for it. Certainly the advice to Beta test draining batteries to 0% or try the DJI beta doesn't appear to be working and anyone with 6 month old batteries who ends up bricking them by trying these methods will have absoloutely no come back.  
2018-4-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-4-16 22:12
Sorry but there is a date: 10-15 days to be shipped ! they announced the availabality few days ago !

The first batch sold out quickly and now they have more up for sale.  

I will be getting my new Battery Station on Friday.  

Rich
2018-4-17
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft
United States

JBSonic Posted at 2018-4-17 07:38
Any news on the firmware update?
Will it be released this month ?

I've been told the FW will drop this week.
2018-4-17
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft
United States

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-4-17 08:59
Anyone following this issue will pick up on the fact that it's affecting more and more TB50s daily. My I2 has now been grounded for nearly a month. The lack of informed updates from anyone in the know at DJI is very disturbing and I'm beginning to think that maybe they don't have a fix for it. Certainly the advice to Beta test draining batteries to 0% or try the DJI beta doesn't appear to be working and anyone with 6 month old batteries who ends up bricking them by trying these methods will have absoloutely no come back.

I don't know if this had anything to do with it or not but I had the battery failure message on a brand new battery, only one charge, yesterday. I plugged it into the battery station I just got and viola!, the battery seems to be fixed. No more error message.
2018-4-17
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-4-17 12:10
I've been told the FW will drop this week.

by whom...

(FWIW, I only know one person who would know, and he doesn't know, and frankly never knows, until it drops)...
2018-4-17
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-4-16 22:12

Ohh you are so right!  I checked again just now, and it shows available...  I am a sucker, and I order it...  hopefully the firmware fix is available soon also, before I get this Charger Station so I can try updating the firmware on all the batteries with it....
2018-4-17
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-17 09:50
The first batch sold out quickly and now they have more up for sale.  

I will be getting my new Battery Station on Friday.  

That maybe explains why I didn't see them when I checked...  but even worse, I was on the wait list since the day it came out, and I have no notification they were available...  not sure why they bother asking us to sign up to be notified when they didn't even bother!  Ohh well.  When I check again a few min they were available so I ordered it.  Hopefully I get mine soon also, the weather is starting to get good enough for flying....
2018-4-17
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-4-17 14:41
That maybe explains why I didn't see them when I checked...  but even worse, I was on the wait list since the day it came out, and I have no notification they were available...  not sure why they bother asking us to sign up to be notified when they didn't even bother!  Ohh well.  When I check again a few min they were available so I ordered it.  Hopefully I get mine soon also, the weather is starting to get good enough for flying....

So, I got notified on the first batch, but I hesitated on the purchase. I went back to get it and Poof they were all gone. I put in for another email notice....  I got the second chance notice and placed the order.

In your case, if you put your name in the beginning the product was delayed and could have been lost?>?>/

I think this is going to be another very nice product for the Pro user  

Rich
2018-4-17
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-17 16:41
So, I got notified on the first batch, but I hesitated on the purchase. I went back to get it and Poof they were all gone. I put in for another email notice....  I got the second chance notice and placed the order.

In your case, if you put your name in the beginning the product was delayed and could have been lost?>?>/

Well, cant complain too much - I did get my order in...  its possible that they lost my notification request, anything could have happened.  Its been in the system a LONG time....

This charger station looks really good.  I'm excited to have a chance to own one.  This is a hobby for me and one of the very few things a spend money on.  The idea behind the charging station to manage the battery and charge them quick/safe sold me on it.  Now I just need a bigger car to carry all this gear around with!
2018-4-17
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules