Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Announcement about TB50 intelligent battery cells error
20715 137 2018-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

FanOfFlight Posted at 2018-4-17 17:52
Well, cant complain too much - I did get my order in...  its possible that they lost my notification request, anything could have happened.  Its been in the system a LONG time....

This charger station looks really good.  I'm excited to have a chance to own one.  This is a hobby for me and one of the very few things a spend money on.  The idea behind the charging station to manage the battery and charge them quick/safe sold me on it.  Now I just need a bigger car to carry all this gear around with!

This was something that I was not going to buy in the beginning. I am with you thinking it is a great tool to manage and monitor the TB50 batteries.

As you may know I have taken 2 of these batteries apart and repaired them using my Icharger with pretty sophisticated gear. DJI made these batteries very hard to get inside them, which makes this device the next best thing.  

I had the Smart Power Charge station for my Inspire 1 and this made a huge difference for me.
you will need a bigger SUV to carry your hobby stuff....  I can relate to this myself.

Rich
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans37c024db Posted at 2018-4-17 07:08
When will you send the beta firmware? What do you have for crappy service and attitude to the users? You ignore my messages...
Already one week can not use a drone normally, one set of batteries just lying on a shelf.

Sir, I apologize that I didn't reply your message in time, we locate in China there is the time difference, the reply may be delayed.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-144640-1-1.html The new firmware has been released, please check the released notes here and update at your earliest convenience, thank you.
2018-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, the official firmware has been released finally, we would like to apologize for the trouble and inconvenience that have been caused during this time, and I also apologize if I missed anyone's post or message or my late response.
Please check the release notes here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-144640-1-1.html  Please update at your most convenience and if there is any further issue, please let us know anytime, thank you all for your support.
2018-4-17
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-17 23:04
Hi all, the official firmware has been released finally, we would like to apologize for the trouble and inconvenience that have been caused during this time, and I also apologize if I missed anyone's post or message or my late response.
Please check the release notes here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-144640-1-1.html  Please update at your most convenience and if there is any further issue, please let us know anytime, thank you all for your support.

Mindy,
All my updates are completed without any problems. Please give my Thanks to the team.

Rich
2018-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-18 11:24
Mindy,
All my updates are completed without any problems. Please give my Thanks to the team.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Rich, I have replied your PM about the Battery Station, please check, thank you.
2018-4-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-18 11:24
Mindy,

Thank you Mindy!

Rich
2018-4-20
Use props
fansc0307913
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9088 ft
  • >>>

New firmware lol

2018-4-20
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

First flight with new Firmware. 2 of my batteries were affected by this issue. Installed new FW as soon as it was released. Left the bad batts to sit for 72 hrs as advised. All seems good. I may be wrong but the bad batts appear to have balanced themselves on discharge during the flight. All other functions worked well. Flight path seemed to be more accurate. Also drift in a straight line seemed to be reduced. Only remaining issue I have is with the RC. I had the issue with the unit not receiving charge till the power button is pressed. Fixed that as advised by FW Rollback/Reinstall. However when on charge now the RC lights do not stop flashing, or go out when the RC is fully charged.
2018-4-21
Use props
Brady
lvl.2

I've updated firmware and still having battery cell errors. I reported this issue to DJI months ago and was told I would have to buy new batteries. Spoke to DJI again today and they're still telling me I need to purchase new batteries. Terrible customer service as usual.
2018-4-23
Use props
Steve Deneault
New

Canada

Hey Guys,
I'm trying to determine what the latest firmware version is ? My TB50's have 1.0.0.41 on all of them.
Can't find this information anywhere.
Thanks in advance,
Steve
2018-6-17
Use props
Octocott
lvl.2
Flight distance : 668694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same deal with me.
Got 16 flights on mine and it reports Cell Broken.
DJI refuses to acknowledge it because it was purchased 6 months ago.
2018-7-2
Use props
rainofashes
lvl.1
United States

I just started the petition "Frank Wang: Hold DJI responsible for selling faulty batteries!" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

My goal is to reach 100 signatures and I need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

https://chn.ge/2Lgtm9O
2018-7-13
Use props
rainofashes
lvl.1
United States

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-4-2 03:14
Hi. This is a serious issue. I cannot fly my I2 because this fault will not allow me to take off.  Please tell us .... When will the new firmware be released?

I just started the petition "Frank Wang: Hold DJI responsible for selling faulty batteries!" and wanted to see if you could help by adding your name.

My goal is to reach 100 signatures and I need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

2018-7-13
Use props
rainofashes
lvl.1
United States

fansdb6ff1f7 Posted at 2018-4-2 02:46
This situation is getting more confused. DJI are now advising not to use batteries that have been affected by the fault in the Firmware and are describing them as being damaged.

2018-7-13
Use props
Bad Billy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392608 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mindy I don't know if this is the latest thread but I am having the following problem. I have posted this in one other place on this form and I don't get my post when I search for batteries.
This is my problem.

I purchase and Inspire 2 with 2 sets of batteries in mid-November 2017 so they are about 9 months old and have about 110 charges on each and have never been in any extreme temperatures or never been left charged for longer than a week. I set I set my warning at 35% so I rarely pull the batteries below 20%.

I have a similar problem with 3 of my 4 batteries.
The voltages Register correctly if you go to the battery panel in the DJI Go 4 App while you fly.. They are strong they will power the drone for about 20 minutes before they get to 30%.

It seems that the cells and the voltage measuring circuits are working perfectly however the circuit that reads the percentage intermittently starts to read either 100% or 0%.

My first failure came in middle May right after I downloaded the latest firmware. [I downloaded the firmware twice to my Inspire 2 with my a set of batteries the first time and my be set of batteries the 2nd]

Since that time one battery at a time catches this problem and now 3 out of my 4 are faulty. I expect the 4th one to fail soon.

I have discharge the batteries to 5% let them cool and recharge them overnight. Makes no difference.

This seems like a firmware problem.
Has this happened with any newer batteries?
Any suggestions.

Before flight DJI 4 go app battery panel with 2 faulty batteries installed

Before flight DJI 4 go app battery panel with 2 faulty batteries installed

After battery failure

After battery failure

Battery details

Battery details
2018-7-14
Use props
jon morgan
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-4-9 16:26
Just send a PM to Mindy and ask if you can be added to the beta group.  I have no other information about this right now.  Keep looking at the updates for the DJI FW to be announced

Rich

Hi Rich,

How do I find the link to the Beta update for batteries or is there a new firmware released as of now?  

Thanks,

Jon Morgan
New Inspire 2 user and already have this error.

2019-1-25
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jon morgan Posted at 1-25 16:13
Hi Rich,

How do I find the link to the Beta update for batteries or is there a new firmware released as of now?  

Hi Jon
The beta testing has been long since over. The latest FW for the Inspire 2 contains the battery fix to date. TB50's for the Inspire 2  have 1.0.0.41. The Matrice is operating on a different version and waiting for more solutions from DJI.

As far as I understand DJI is still working on more battery FW updates in the near future. Currently, I have not seen anymore issues with the TB 50 batteries I am using. \

Also, my DJI battery Station is on this same FW version and haven't seen anything new for awhile.

Rich

2019-1-27
Use props
SteadyFly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I reported this back in 2018.  My 2 batteries are sitting on my shelf and DJI specifically told me NOT to return them because I wasn't getting replacements even though my drone was still under warranty at that time.  I don't visit the forum for obvious reasons anymore,  but I still do use some DJI equipment.  These batteries cost a lot of money.   So much like the M600 should I eat this cost as well?  Oh wait I already did.  I'm happy to return them to you to check them out at the very least.
2019-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules