Phantom 1 Gimbal Problems
1807 4 2015-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brent.bousquet6
lvl.1

United States

Hay guys
I have lost the ability to control the gimbal from my controller, when i disconect the pitch control from the gimbal and just have it hooked up to the power it works fine but if i plug in the pitch contol the gimbal points the camera straight down and shakes. I tryed differnt gimbals and they all do the same thing. I tryed changing the settings in NAZA as well as resetting everything and nothing has worked. The only places I can see there being a problem are with the contoler so maybe its constantly sending a signal telling it to face down or maybe its somthing in the wiering of the Phantom, i do tend to crash.  

If anyone has any experience fixing gimbal problems the feedback is much appreciated.
2015-5-6
Use props
nig_smith
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Hi Brent

Have you performed a calibration of the X1 channel in the assistant software?

You haven't said what gimbal you are using but if it uses a standard servo lead from the F2 port of the Naza to the gimbal control board check you have it connected in the right polarity. If the lead is reversed it will pull the signal pin to ground which could result in the symptoms you describe.

Regards

Nidge
2015-5-7
Use props
brent.bousquet6
lvl.1

United States

nig_smith@o2.co Posted at 2015-5-7 17:13
Hi Brent

Have you performed a calibration of the X1 channel in the assistant software?

Thanks for the reply I calibrated the x1 and now the gimbal flips straight up and shakes. I want to add that if the controller is of the gimbal just sits there like normal but as soon as I turn it on is when it flips up.I did reverse the lead and that didnt work ether. I am using a cheap chines peace of crap gimbal connected via the f2 channel.
2015-5-7
Use props
nig_smith
Second Officer

United Kingdom

If you haven't already done so, and apologies if you have, in the Assistant software you can limit the amount of movement that the gimbal moves on the pitch axis.
I have mine set so that at one extreme limit of the slider on the transmitter it's pointing straight ahead, and at the other limit it's pointing straight down.  The default settings may exceed the amount the gimbal is able to move and hence it's reaching its limit and shaking. You can also increase the frequency for the channel from 50Hz to 400Hz.
Here in the UK it's just gone 1am but when I wake up later in the morning I'll connect my Phantom to the Assistant software and post my settings. I used to use the same Chinese gimbal but swapped it out for the lighter Walkera G-2D but I retained the same settings.

Regards

Nidge
2015-5-7
Use props
brent.bousquet6
lvl.1

United States

nig_smith@o2.co Posted at 2015-5-8 08:12
If you haven't already done so, and apologies if you have, in the Assistant software you can limit t ...

I am interested to see your settings because I haven't changed myn too much but I did set the limit so it wouldnt exceed the pitch because i didnt like it shaking when I tilted down. The problem im having is that my pitch lever on the back of the controller is in the middle and it will pitch all by itself . thanks for the help though.
2015-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules