Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans243133ab
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi all
Been looking in for a while now...
Bought a phan 3s then upgraded to advance,
Cut long stiry short let my 17 yearold son use stand & i used advance on sunday...
Thing is he was flying great,not to high or far away and i just hears motors rev a couole times then fell out sky at 50 meters....smashed gimbal off..think uploaded pic!!     so was real uoset as thought he would ov got blame & he knows how much i love these drines now...i assured him was not his fault...im not 100% clued up on these yet...doing okay and got some great footage and some good flights....and when i checked flight record it said strong magnetic feild and started spinning sparadicly and fell....
Never had a problem in past but when i even looked at remoteuse on app he never really moved controller...any suggestions will be appriciated....also said compass error at time and went into atti mode.
I would love to upload flight record but took me 3 weeks to transfere footage from sd to usb..lol...plus it on my sons phone . .any help much appriciated...also nice to finally join forum....kind regards j

2018-3-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Only way to possibly determine the cause is to post the flight log.
2018-3-26
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Try uploading the flight data to https://airdata.com/.  I  might give you a better idea of what was going on when the error occurred.
(BTW, It's free as long as you keep the number of flights under 100)
2018-3-26
Use props
fans243133ab
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Sorry but not sure if posted right place.
Theres the result..
Kind regards...sorry if first post a bit scetchy,just didnt know it was going to post ok
1522084032786.jpg
2018-3-26
Use props
fans243133ab
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hey thank you for you swift reply alabama & gil...teally thank you..
Could i get sone to send it to my flight log from his phone as iv got samsung edge and his is iphone.....i have ipad air for my advance but nothing on it at all just for drone??
Thank you again...im going to try and upload my flightlog from previous flight to get the hang of it...thank you for that link...
Glad i joined forum now guys
2018-3-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

The needed flight log will have to be retrieved from the device used during the flight
2018-3-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Go here and follow the instructions, then come back and post the link......                    http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-3-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

What a drag, banging the heck out of it...

Hope you get if fixed and back in the air real soon. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-3-26
Use props
fans243133ab
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hey,big THANK YOU alabama..
Im going to have a look now see if can upload mine...then ill get my son to log into this account and show him how to do it on this thread..thanks man!!
Yeah hi redhotpoker,was sick for him..hes 17 and was heartbroken as first time useing my precious drone...i know wasnt his fault as i looked at footage and it just spins and he only pushes the up stick..i actuly had it up for sale as i bought a advance...but going to get it repaired and give him it instead...his face lit up when it took off...never seen him so exited...
Got a guy who i bought it off going to see if he can repair it...but wondered why its malfunctioned...going to try upload record...
Just tried but only got a pic of mine..thunbnail...
Ill follow alabama link...
Not being ignkrant if i dont reply...just need to get to bed soon for work guys...glad i joined this forum now..everyone i know hates the word drone now...good to speak to like minded folk
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry to read your post. I'd suggest to start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support If the drone is still in the warranty period, the local team will arrange data analysis to check the exact status and offer you a proper solution.
2018-3-26
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi susan,thank you but no warrenty on drone..shame tho...
I can not even upload flight data..
I get it on my screen so i can watch full flight but when i click the forward button it just goes into photos & tries to upload thumbnail jpeg...
Im totaly new to this and not sure how to actully upload flight data...
Im going to have another go this evening...
Do i need a pc to upload or can i do it from phone??
Kindest regards
Justin
2018-3-27
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi susan,thank you but no warrenty on drone..shame tho...
I can not even upload flight data..
I get it on my screen so i can watch full flight but when i click the forward button it just goes into photos & tries to upload thumbnail jpeg...
Im totaly new to this and not sure how to actully upload flight data...
Im going to have another go this evening...
Do i need a pc to upload or can i do it from phone??
Kindest regards
Justin
2018-3-27
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I do appologise everyone....didnt realise i posed twice...sorry!!!
2018-3-27
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Sorry but not sure if correct but it says my son needs a mac pc to upload flightlog...gutted really as would like to see it....
I might not be right but can you take flight data from iphone & upload it straight from please??
Sorry for all q's
Thank you & kindest regards justin
2018-3-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

justin r Posted at 2018-3-27 13:11
Sorry but not sure if correct but it says my son needs a mac pc to upload flightlog...gutted really as would like to see it....
I might not be right but can you take flight data from iphone & upload it straight from please??
Sorry for all q's

Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
2018-3-27
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thank u labroides .
Been trieing..actully is on sons i phone and trieing to get him to sort it is another thing...
But hope yet as managed to get him to jave a go and he nearly there i think...
But theres 3 flights and not sure of what 1 to upload...mate this is hard,,,im sure it will get easier as i learn...haha..
Hope you all have a good easter holl
2018-3-30
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/3T8N0MH8Y52CZC1ZK1PR/
2018-3-30
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Dont know how to make a link...but sure thats it...so sorry if you have to copy & paste.kind regards
2018-3-30
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

justin r Posted at 2018-3-30 07:32

2018-3-30
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Ah!! There we go...done it
2018-3-30
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Labroides and Endotherm are the best at reading flight logs, so let them have a look.   I don't see anything in particular wrong.  Your compass and speed errors are happening because it's dropping like a rock.
I'm sure they can offer their expertise and tell you more.  Sorry this happened.
2018-3-30
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi alabama.
I thought that was the problem when i seen that compass error.but yes your right if it was falling,thats why compass prob went balistic..
Just glad i manaed ti get it on here...been trieing for days to get it uploaded....took me days to just find were the record was...
Thank you for looking alabama.
Also i dont know if this could result in a problem,but me and son flying next to each other...him on stand and me on advance..

Have a nice evening.
Kindest regards
2018-3-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Looks like you launched with a partially charged battery which is never a good idea
2018-3-30
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hey mark! I know mate..i charged batterys up a good few days before we went out,,but sure was nearly full..also no warning indication for low battery...
Im real new to drones a d finding my feet...
It started at xmas with a mico 1 for house....then 3 drones later im onto my advance....haha...i live it m8....
2018-3-30
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Didnt mean that as in a shouting way.....its was like hey mark,how are u...lol
2018-3-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Haha.  I know.  I'm fine, thanks.  How are you?  
2018-3-30
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Weekend my friend....happy daze..esp a long weekend.makes it all worthwhile...have a good night mark!
Kindest regards
2018-3-30
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have actully got the guy i bought it off repairing gimbal with new parts...but he saying it keeps flashing up "warning electo magnetic field"wonder if thats why it fell out sky in first place..
Any help much appticiated guys.
Have a nice day
Kind regards
2018-3-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

justin r Posted at 2018-3-31 03:31
I have actully got the guy i bought it off repairing gimbal with new parts...but he saying it keeps flashing up "warning electo magnetic field"wonder if thats why it fell out sky in first place..
Any help much appticiated guys.
Have a nice day

Electromagnetic interference (a compass error) won't shut down a motor and cause a drone to come spinning to the ground.
You had plenty of battery and the power stayed on all the way to the ground so it looks like you had a hardware error.
Maybe an ESC failed or something else that stopped a motor.

The reason the compass error won't go away now is almost certainly because one of the fine wores to the compass is broken or the compass connection to the mainboard is dislodged.
Check the compass data in the sensors section of the app.
If it shows zero, you know the compass is disconnected.
2018-3-31
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

You also only had 10 satellites locked throughout the entire flight , I never take off before 12 locked.
2018-3-31
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi labroides.
Thank you for your post..
Is that what seems to have happened,,a motor has stopped in air? And im not sure what esc is,sorry but only a newbie so not clued up yet...
The guy who fixing it did say that looks like a wire might of came loose from compass to board so sounds like he know quite a bit about them.he not sure about flight records i dont think,but the lad is getting somwere with it..
Labroides do you think that could of been problem if wire came dislogged from compass..i notices on log that dont say "home point recorded" not sure if would show that on log tho...
Good to know wasnt battery labroides and i really appriciate you haveing a look,thank you so much!
Is that why keeps warning of magnetic field through flight?...or is that another problem...thank you again..
Kindest regards

Hi quadkid...
Might just wait nxt time until i get 12...but took about 20 minutes to calibrate compass...and about 20 tries...kept saying electo magnet field....i actully think that its down to wasteland i use as its got bits stone with iron attached to concrete allover place on floor...but took around 20 tries to calibrate before flight...
Thank you m8...any advice took on board guys !!!
2018-3-31
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

I think quad kid is confused re satellites.  The P3A/P and others have modules that can sense both GPS and GLONASS systems.  Those systems require more satellites.  But the P3S and P2 series, etc., have only GPS.  All one needs is 6 satellites in that system, although a 7th is best for insurance in case you lose one.  OTOH, most simple GPS systems such as the one in an Android need only four GPS satellites, but is often not very accurate.  
2018-3-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

QuadKid Posted at 2018-3-31 04:21
You also only had 10 satellites locked throughout the entire flight , I never take off before 12 locked.

The number of satellites has nothing to do with the incident.
A Phantom stays in the air with zero satellites.

And as already mentioned, the Standard doesn't receive the same number of sats that the P3 pro does.
2018-3-31
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi mark...
Thanks for calling back m8...
Sounds about right as this standard normaly only pick up to 10 max on a good day...but my advance picks at least 13 up soon as its powered up....
Found out what esc is now....lol...
Hope its not that as just let guy know and he said if its that,,gunna be pricey to repair...new board at around 150,,,plus gimble parts etc and labour,,he did say he will fix fee of charge but i wouldnt deam of not paying him...
Keeping my fingers crossed mark...
I heard motors rev as falling so is it the ESC what had failed causing motirs ti go outa sink or stop completley....
Man im so gutted
2018-3-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-3-30 08:58
Looks like you launched with a partially charged battery which is never a good idea

The battery was fine and was still good to the end.
He launched with a full battery .
The flight record starts at 4:34

2018-3-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

justin r Posted at 2018-3-31 04:58
Hi labroides.
Thank you for your post..
Is that what seems to have happened,,a motor has stopped in air? And im not sure what esc is,sorry but only a newbie so not clued up yet...

do you think that could of been problem if wire came dislogged from compass..i notices on log that dont say home point recorded not sure if would show that on log tho...
The compass problem is damage caused by the crash.
Your home point was recorded and was still stored right to the end as it always is.
Something started going wrong at 7:06 and the Phantom started rolling, tumbling and spinning which would suggest one or more motors stopped in the air.

2018-3-31
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thank you labroides...
Aw i see...so its prob the impact that cause that problem..also did not realise it had recorded home point..thank you!
I never seen what happened at that time as i was flying my advance....i just heard my son shout "dad help" very loud and i looked up and heard motors sort of revv a couple times, Like when first powered up....then noticed it just falling sideways to its peril..even worse when you watch it and carnt do anything about it...i really appriciate you takeing time out to have a look labroides.thank you so much
2018-3-31
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-3-31 05:07
I think quad kid is confused re satellites.  The P3A/P and others have modules that can sense both GPS and GLONASS systems.  Those systems require more satellites.  But the P3S and P2 series, etc., have only GPS.  All one needs is 6 satellites in that system, although a 7th is best for insurance in case you lose one.  OTOH, most simple GPS systems such as the one in an Android need only four GPS satellites, but is often not very accurate.

OK agreed, I thought all the Phantoms had GPS/GLONASS, my 1st DJI was a P3P.
2018-3-31
Use props
justin r
lvl.2

United Kingdom

You snob quadkid...lol
2018-3-31
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-3-31 05:39
The flight record starts at 4:34

Yeah I saw that but I don't think it's possible to burn 22% of the battery in 4.5 mins while the AC is sitting on the ground prior to launch
2018-3-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules