895 39 2018-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Captain
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I was invited to film controlled demolition of a 175 ft concrete tower. This video incorporates footage from Mavic Air & Pro combined with some insider knowledge about how to pull off a demolition job with the expected outcome ;-)

2018-3-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting vid to watch   
2018-3-26
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Fantastic video, thank you very much! Yes indeed these people do a high precision job and I must admit that I love watching such peaceful demolitions. Quite excatly a year ago we have had a major one here as well for a huge building on very limited "safe zone" around, thus it has been an extra challenge for the dynamite guys. Here is the hidden link on YouTube because I do not want to hijack your post: "www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxDH_i2m6gw" It was live on TV with drone footage as well.
Nevertheless I am most happy that late Alfred Nobel has turned his destructive invention into something much more constructive!
2018-3-26
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

They did a great job taking down the tower without damage to the other building.
You did a nice job explaining the procedure and you had some nice video of the outcome.
2018-3-26
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This was very interesting to watch.  Would have been a never seen before view to have hovered above the tower pointing the camera straight down.
2018-3-26
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Captain
  • >>>
Denmark

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2018-3-26 13:14
This was very interesting to watch.  Would have been a never seen before view to have hovered above the tower pointing the camera straight down.

I have a second chance when the big goes down. That's worth considering, thanks
2018-3-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very cool video!
2018-3-26
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Very interesting and well done!!
2018-3-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Looks like they needed one or two more dumpsters towards the river.  To protect apartment buildings in case there was unknown design change in building, building error, or mistake in calculations.
2018-3-26
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Henrik Olsen Posted at 2018-3-26 13:34
I have a second chance when the big goes down. That's worth considering, thanks

Worth covering.

Be interesting to see how they do a circular building.
2018-3-26
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

Thanks for sharing.. really great work
2018-3-26
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Captain
  • >>>
Denmark

It's basically the same technique, but let's see I plan to be there
2018-3-26
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft

Thank you for posting this. It was a change from peaceful, slow drifts across pine forests! I would if it's possible for electrical/magnetic interference to set off the charges early as the drone flies over??
2018-3-27
Use props
mickongen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1349816 ft
Denmark

Great video..
2018-3-27
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
Second Officer

Very cool, interesting, and informative! I noticed right away when it hit the ground that it was off-course -- lots of pieces went flying past the containers and towards the apartment building.
2018-3-27
Use props
Isoflur
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1014974 ft
Canada

Neat video, like the excitement in your explainations!
2018-3-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Ray_Dunakin Posted at 2018-3-27 18:02
Very cool, interesting, and informative! I noticed right away when it hit the ground that it was off-course -- lots of pieces went flying past the containers and towards the apartment building.

Did you notice large pipe at top of circular tower that appeared to be dangling after smaller square tower started going down?
Wondering if that was unknown building design change that caused building to go down slightly off towards water.
2018-3-27
Use props
Tooter Turtle
Second Officer
United States

Groovy man!
2018-3-28
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

That...was....AWESOME!!!
2018-3-28
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Very good video Henrik - well done.
2018-3-28
Use props
sky6105
Second Officer
Flight distance : 345653 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing it's something the way they control the fall.
2018-3-28
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Captain
  • >>>
Denmark

Thanks for all the great comments and the interest in this project. It's next Friday the big one goes down.
2018-3-30
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Captain
  • >>>
Denmark

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-3-27 18:43
Did you notice large pipe at top of circular tower that appeared to be dangling after smaller square tower started going down?
Wondering if that was unknown building design change that caused building to go down slightly off towards water.

Hard to tell, did notice it.
But according to the guy in charge, it was caused by the irregularities in the back wall foundation.  
2018-4-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Henrik Olsen Posted at 2018-3-30 04:38
Thanks for all the great comments and the interest in this project. It's next Friday the big one goes down.

It would be really unique to get a couple of cheap IP Cams with POE.  Mount one in tower near top looking down and another looking up to where tower landed on it.

If I was there, I would donate a cheap camera and Ethernet cable.  Although, it might take a midway POE powered repeater, being it is a tall tower.

Looking forward to seeing pictures and video from Big-one coming down.
2018-4-1
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Hi Henrik.

An teaser to fire in the hole II:  https://ekstrabladet.dk/112/spra ... biblioteket/7106307
Hope you were on the spot and got some nice video.   

Regards Leif.
2018-4-6
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A shame you weren't flying when it went off.... that would be far more exciting to watch!  Try and get directly over it when they demolish the big one!  

Ian
2018-4-6
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Captain
  • >>>
Denmark

I got some killer footage from demolition that went wrong yesterday, but right now it's used for investigating what went wrong.  This was absolutely unreal to witness, and I got it from 4 angels, so I will make a cool video out of it.
2018-4-6
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Captain
  • >>>
Denmark

Wellsi Posted at 2018-4-6 22:50
A shame you weren't flying when it went off.... that would be far more exciting to watch!  Try and get directly over it when they demolish the big one!  

Ian

Agree, but this is a one take scenario and so this is very risky from a pilot ending ruining the shoot. I would love to do it differently, but I rather make sure to get a good overview picture.

As mentioned I got the blast from 4 angels so there is a good chance I can do something nice.
2018-4-6
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Henrik Olsen Posted at 2018-4-6 23:39
Agree, but this is a one take scenario and so this is very risky from a pilot ending ruining the shoot. I would love to do it differently, but I rather make sure to get a good overview picture.

As mentioned I got the blast from 4 angels so there is a good chance I can do something nice.

Have faith in your flying skills!  

When I shot the solar eclipse last year, I just put the Pro up in the air, started it recording, then left it in place, with no further movement.  That's the beauty of the GPS drones; let go of the sticks and they stay put!

Ian
2018-4-6
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Captain
  • >>>
Denmark

Wellsi Posted at 2018-4-6 23:43
Have faith in your flying skills!  

When I shot the solar eclipse last year, I just put the Pro up in the air, started it recording, then left it in place, with no further movement.  That's the beauty of the GPS drones; let go of the sticks and they stay put!

I did the same just up and frame the shot and left it, then attend the other camera angles. It's really nice it's like having a remote tripod in the sky.

From the signal, there were less than 2 minutes before demolition so I was pretty occupied making it work, it would be a shame to launch the drone too early and run out of battery. In this case, the demolition was delayed more than 45 min, due to external factors like residents not leaving the premises   

On top of this, I launched a live stream as a VIP Service for my channel facebook group - DroneWheeler ;-)
2018-4-7
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I could watch demo vids all day long, nice job!!!!
2018-4-7
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Henrik Olsen Posted at 2018-4-6 23:35
I got some killer footage from demolition that went wrong yesterday, but right now it's used for investigating what went wrong.  This was absolutely unreal to witness, and I got it from 4 angels, so I will make a cool video out of it.

That sounds good Henrik. Looking forward to watching the video.

Regards Leif.
2018-4-7
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Very cool, I like how you explained everything
2018-4-7
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

The footage hit the news in the Netherlands today...

2018-4-9
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-4-9 03:38
https://youtu.be/yJ1spWfaSgc

As far as I know, the experts are still unaware of what went wrong, but fortunately nobody was injured.
2018-4-9
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

FlyDK Posted at 2018-4-9 03:46
As far as I know, the experts are still unaware of what went wrong, but fortunately nobody was injured.

Good to hear nobody got injured, sometimes these demolitions go wrong, but those experiences thankfully do result in good safety measures for bystanders.
2018-4-9
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

LoSBoL Posted at 2018-4-9 03:38
https://youtu.be/yJ1spWfaSgc

Unfortunately, it looks like Henrik has been overtaken inside, as there are 10 videos of the "accidental shot" on Youtube.   

Regards, Leif
2018-4-9
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Captain
  • >>>

It’s been 4 weeks since the last demolition of the staircase tower, now It was time for the big Silo to go down. Despite all preparation, the demolition failed and damaged the building behind. I have captured the event from inside the ropes and caught unrevealed details from the blast.

What do you think caused the Silo to tilt in the wrong direction?
2018-4-12
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

They should have made the cutout and placed charges lower.
2018-4-12
Use props
maurom82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143757 ft
Italy

Wow great video!!! Thanks for sharing!!
2018-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules