Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Gimbal Shake and Twitch
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
justin_mcvideo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 191896 ft

Hi all, hopefully this is in the correct section.  I've been seeing this behavior in my Phantom 4 lately, and it's ruining some otherwise incredible shots.  I'm FAA 107 certified and it is starting to affect my reliability and the product I produce for my clients.

This is just an example video.  This was not for a client, fortunately, but I noticed the same shake issue.  It's tiny, but in 4k resolution and on a big screen, you can really see it.

I've had NO crashes or colisions with my Phantom 4, I'm the original owner and have owned it for 2 years now.  I'm even using the original propellers, with well over 100 flights.  Otherwise it's been a fantastic drone, zero issues.  Often when I launch, I quickly tip it in all 4 directions just to "loosen it up".

Is there some calibration for the gimbal that could fix this?  Please watch this short clip.  It's the tiny twitches near the end.  Thanks

2018-3-26
Use props
justin_mcvideo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 191896 ft

The jump, twitch, shake or whatever it's called, ruined this otherwise perfect pull away shot at 16 seconds in.  I had to cut out that segment, and it really ruined the rest of the video.  Here's the clip without the cut, at 16 seconds in.

2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, does the issue appear in every flight? What's the current aircraft firmware? Please try to calibrate the IMU and gimbal camera to see whether it works.
2018-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules