I th8nk this was a waste of money
1700 24 2018-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tender
lvl.2
Canada

i have an iPhone 6 Plus and got an a Osmo Mobile 2 and it just doesn’t want to work right.  The picture will freeze and if it doesn’t, the video is all choppy.

Any suggestions?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the ap. Not much else to do.  The gimbal moves fine, but the video lag to the screen is horrible.  It says it compatible with my phone.  My phone has the latest software.

How easy is it to get a refund?
2018-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Tender, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, we recommend to close the other APP when you running DJI Go, besides, please make sure there is no other Bluetooth is turning on just in case the Osmo Mobile 2's Bluetooth gets interrupted. May I know what is your iOS system version? Thank you.
2018-3-27
Use props
Tender
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-27 04:49
Hi Tender, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, we recommend to close the other APP when you running DJI Go, besides, please make sure there is no other Bluetooth is turning on just in case the Osmo Mobile 2's Bluetooth gets interrupted. May I know what is your iOS system version? Thank you.

Ok, I’ll,try that.  The ap freezes and drops completely some.  When it does work, the video feed is very choppy and that is how it records also.
Also I tried to do a wide angle Pano and it just quit after 2 of the 9 pictures.  

My iOS is 11.2.6

I also have an Osmo Plus and it works good.  I wanted the mobile also for quick stuff.
2018-3-27
Use props
Tender
lvl.2
Canada

I just tried your suggestions. Is still choppy. I tried a pano again and it wuit after 7 of the 9 pictures.
2018-3-27
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

I have a 6s,  with  IOS - 11.2.6

No problems here with my Osmo Mobile 2.    DJI GO app works well, and video looks great.

I have used it fairly extensively at a dog show, over this past weekend.    Taking both video and stills.

The only issue I had was that on one occasion, bluetooth disconnected.    I simply pressed the bluetooth icon on the DJI GO app screen,  and it reconnected.

Sid

P.S -- Forgot to add that I did take about 4 panos.   All worked correctly.
2018-3-27
Use props
Tender
lvl.2
Canada

I loaned it to friend for a couple days to try. My phone is getting poor on lots of stuff, so if it works for him, he might buy it. If not I’m due for a new phone, just waiting for the next sale.
2018-3-27
Use props
Ebeard4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2619780 ft
United States

Tender Posted at 2018-3-27 09:18
I loaned it to friend for a couple days to try. My phone is getting poor on lots of stuff, so if it works for him, he might buy it. If not I’m due for a new phone, just waiting for the next sale.

Your phone battery is probably older.
If you have a 6s, it is over 3 yrs old. Generally speaking, phone batteries last an average of 2 yrs. I just personally replaced my 6’s battery with one on ifixit.com for $25. Works way better. Apple specifically slowed the performance on the iPhone 6 as the battery ‘ages’ to “save battery life span” Whether a lie or no, this is the case. I would recommend replacing your battery. It’s not hard or expensive.
Apple will replace your iPhone 6 battery for about $30, because of the outrage caused by the diminished processing speed. You have to be willing to travel to a store though... (maybe send it in? I don’t know)I would recommend fixing it yourself if you can. There are tons of videos.

Hope this helps.

Euell
2018-3-28
Use props
Tender
lvl.2
Canada

I already had the battery changed.  I talked to the guy I loaned it to and all seems good except “face tracking” he said, but he didn’t have much time to play with it.  So, I’m thinking my phone is just getting slow with all the stuff etc.  I close everything etc, but even just to open the regular camera app takes forever.
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Tender Posted at 2018-3-28 12:26
I already had the battery changed.  I talked to the guy I loaned it to and all seems good except “face tracking” he said, but he didn’t have much time to play with it.  So, I’m thinking my phone is just getting slow with all the stuff etc.  I close everything etc, but even just to open the regular camera app takes forever.

I suggest to try other mobile phones, if the issue only happens to your phone, it probably the problem of your smartphone. Besides, is the firmware of Osmo Mobile 2 the latest version?
2018-3-29
Use props
THREADKILLER
lvl.1
United States

I've been having the same problem. I just been using the Apple camera app and it works perfect, besides not having all the features of the dji GO app.

if this product is supposed to be meant for Apple products than why does the dji app suck so bad?
2018-3-29
Use props
Tender
lvl.2
Canada

I put a request in to return it.  It’s not going to work for me. I don’t think I should have to fight with it.   If I could just talk to someone with out sitting on hold or pushing a bunch of buttons, maybe I could work through it, but right now I don’t have time to deal with something that should just work.
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

THREADKILLER Posted at 2018-3-29 13:45
I've been having the same problem. I just been using the Apple camera app and it works perfect, besides not having all the features of the dji GO app.

if this product is supposed to be meant for Apple products than why does the dji app suck so bad?

May I know the model of your mobile phone? Is it also iPhone 6 Plus? What is the APP version and firmware version? More details would be appreciated.
2018-3-30
Use props
THREADKILLER
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-30 01:16
May I know the model of your mobile phone? Is it also iPhone 6 Plus? What is the APP version and firmware version? More details would be appreciated.

My phone is an Apple six plus. IOS 11.2.6. DJI go V 3.1.30
2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

THREADKILLER Posted at 2018-3-30 06:09
My phone is an Apple six plus. IOS 11.2.6. DJI go V 3.1.30

Sorry for the late response, we have confirmed with our engineers and this issue will get sorted out in the future APP, appreciate your patience, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-4-2
Use props
Seitenwerk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59400 ft
Austria

I hope there will be an update. I have an iPhone 6Plus with iOS 11.3 and the DJI App is basically unusable for me. It has major performance problems and if you are lucky and it works, then your recorded video will most likely be choppy with framedrops all over. Not to forget the problems I have with active tracking. Once started the Osmo mobile 2 goes nuts, turns up and down until it loses its target even if the Osmo mobile 2 and the tracking target als sitting still.
2018-4-8
Use props
THREADKILLER
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-2 01:49
Sorry for the late response, we have confirmed with our engineers and this issue will get sorted out in the future APP, appreciate your patience, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

Curious if there is any news about this concern. I purposely bought the OSMO Mobile 2 because I've had good luck with my DJI SPARK. I wanted a good Gimbal for my up coming trip to Buenos Aires trip next week.
2018-4-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Seitenwerk Posted at 2018-4-8 05:59
I hope there will be an update. I have an iPhone 6Plus with iOS 11.3 and the DJI App is basically unusable for me. It has major performance problems and if you are lucky and it works, then your recorded video will most likely be choppy with framedrops all over. Not to forget the problems I have with active tracking. Once started the Osmo mobile 2 goes nuts, turns up and down until it loses its target even if the Osmo mobile 2 and the tracking target als sitting still.

Seitenwerk, sorry for the difficulties, may I have your APP version firstly?
For the Active Tracking, did you disable the Portrait Orientation Lock?
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

THREADKILLER Posted at 2018-4-11 13:38
Curious if there is any news about this concern. I purposely bought the OSMO Mobile 2 because I've had good luck with my DJI SPARK. I wanted a good Gimbal for my up coming trip to Buenos Aires trip next week.

I have verified with the engineers, the issue has been fixed by DJI Go V 3.1.31, please make sure the APP is the latest version, thanks.
2018-4-12
Use props
Seitenwerk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59400 ft
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-12 00:26
Seitenwerk, sorry for the difficulties, may I have your APP version firstly?
For the Active Tracking, did you disable the Portrait Orientation Lock?

Hi Mindy, thanks for the answer. My current version is 3.1.31. I am pretty sure I tried this one and had the described problems, but will double check again
2018-4-12
Use props
THREADKILLER
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-12 01:11
I have verified with the engineers, the issue has been fixed by DJI Go V 3.1.31, please make sure the APP is the latest version, thanks.

Hello Mindy,

I performed the update. The APP is working much better. There's still an issue of the panoramic pics. The OSMO 2 will take 2-3 pictures then stops and won't finish.
2018-5-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

THREADKILLER Posted at 2018-5-2 12:25
Hello Mindy,

I performed the update. The APP is working much better. There's still an issue of the panoramic pics. The OSMO 2 will take 2-3 pictures then stops and won't finish.

Are you referring to DJI GO V3.1.34?
2018-5-4
Use props
THREADKILLER
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-4 01:39
Are you referring to DJI GO V3.1.34?

Yes I am.
2018-5-4
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Tender Posted at 2018-3-27 09:18
I loaned it to friend for a couple days to try. My phone is getting poor on lots of stuff, so if it works for him, he might buy it. If not I’m due for a new phone, just waiting for the next sale.

your phone might be running out of memory ... happened to mine but cleared so unused apps and works fine now.
2018-5-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Can you please make a screen recording when you take Pano pictures? We have optimized the Pano mode in V2.2.0.30, are you running the latest firmware?
2018-5-7
Use props
osmowhat
lvl.2
United States

I have same iPhone/firmware as OP and latest Osmo firmware.  Simple video is laggy, screen freezes, goes dark, 'keep screen bright' button does not work in app.  Pano works, but it takes 5 minutes to process. I have over 10 Gb of free space on phone. It is a frustrating toy.  
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules