Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Screen recording with iPad
1201 9 2018-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jon 462
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2151637 ft

Is anyone having trouble with screen recording on iPad. It use to work great but now there is so much screen lag I can’t use it. Does anyone know how to fix this.  
2018-3-27
Use props
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>

Same problem for me: Extreme screen lag with recording on.
But even without I have severe issues with the Mini 4. Screenlag...

Did a factory reset today, shut everything possible off and installed only DJI Go 4.
Will check soon if that made any difference...
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Please try to clean the cache files in the device and run DJI GO app only during flight. What is the version of your app? Thanks for your support.
2018-3-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, as suggested, before reinstalling your Go app, please delete the app, then clear your internet cache and cookies, reboot the device, then reinstall the Go app.

It's important to clean out all remnants of a previous install, first.

Sync your previous flights to the cloud first, if wishing to save those records.

RedHotPoker
2018-3-28
Use props
Jon 462
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2151637 ft
United States

Every time I delete the app I loss all my videos and photos. How can I save my work while reinstalling the app
2018-3-28
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can find a bunch of tips here to make your Apple mobile device run better. Since there are many potential problem areas, it would be best to double-check everything to ensure your mobile device is setup to run as efficiently as possible.
2018-3-28
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

i always switch to plane mode if i want to use screen recorder apps ...  , on apple and android devices.

in this way you can avoid unwished apps & processes running below
2018-3-28
Use props
Eric13
Captain
  • >>>

Phantom Help Posted at 2018-3-28 05:41
You can find a bunch of tips here to make your Apple mobile device run better. Since there are many potential problem areas, it would be best to double-check everything to ensure your mobile device is setup to run as efficiently as possible.

Very helpful, thanks!
I think it was you also who made a tutorial about optimizing android devices? I followed that one too :-)

After factory reset of my Mini 4 and installation of only ONE app - DJI Go4 - and following the suggestions under your link, I'll see tomorrow if my iPad Mini 4 will be back to where it used to be half a year ago.

I have an cellular iPad and don't want to switch it into flight mode because I want to see on the map where I'm flying.
I'll check if there is a difference between on/off.
There are posts about caching the map first while online at home and being still available when flying in tablets 'flight mode'. Never worked for me...

P.S.
You are famous 'Msinger' at Phantompilots, no? :-)
2018-3-29
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The map caching still works okay on all of my Apple devices (running the current version of DJI GO). Make sure you have the "Cache Map in the Background" setting enabled in DJI GO.

FYI, I sometimes run into a weird issue where the cached maps don't display until the change the maps layer in DJI GO (e.g. swap between satellite & hybrid) and then restart DJI GO.

Yes, I'm the same "msinger" as over at Phantom Pilots
2018-3-29
Use props
Eric13
Captain
  • >>>

msinger Posted at 2018-3-29 13:33
The map caching still works okay on all of my Apple devices (running the current version of DJI GO). Make sure you have the "Cache Map in the Background" setting enabled in DJI GO.

FYI, I sometimes run into a weird issue where the cached maps don't display until the change the maps layer in DJI GO (e.g. swap between satellite & hybrid) and then restart DJI GO.

So - today I was flying using the iPad Mini 4 after that factory reset a couple of days ago.
(I didn't do the update 11.3 that came out yesterday)
It is slightly better than before. But only when video caching is deactivated.
I tried it with LTE on or in airplane mode - that didn't make a difference

I have the feeling the Mini 4 can't cope with the Go4 app anymore.
But then again there are users who say they have no problems.
2018-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules