Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unable to get Active Track "profile" mode to work.
4396 15 2018-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul Stocum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 334662 ft
United States

I followed the tips in another thread here.  I set the Mavic Air to my side.  I pressed  "Active Track" then selected "profile" mode.  I boxed myself to get the  green highlight box around me.  Once I start moving, the drone stays in  the same static position, but will follow me as if I am in "spotlight"  mode.  

I've double checked I'm in the correct mode serveral times and I  get the same result every time.  I've tried this at varying heights and distances, but to no avail.  I've also tried to track my bright red truck in the desert.

What can I be doing wrong?  

Here is one of my failed attempts:

2018-3-27
Use props
SafariMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Once you have selected the subject to track you should tap on that box again to activate the tracking
2018-3-27
Use props
Paul Stocum
lvl.2
United States

SafariMan Posted at 2018-3-27 10:48
Once you have selected the subject to track you should tap on that box again to activate the tracking

I tried tapping the green box, but it just deselected me and I had to start over again.  But I'll try that again.
2018-3-27
Use props
Drew Hunter
lvl.1

Portugal

when you select yourself it should appear a green box around you and next to it a button saying "GO" you have to press it
2018-3-27
Use props
Paul Stocum
lvl.2
United States

Drew Hunter Posted at 2018-3-27 12:07
when you select yourself it should appear a green box around you and next to it a button saying "GO" you have to press it

On the Mavic Air, I've yet to see a "go" button after subject is highlighted.  In default active track mode, I tap the green box and I get a count down.  In Profile, when I tap the green box the subject becomes deselected.
2018-3-27
Use props
PedalingDuo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31896 ft
United States

This may be a dumb question but did you try walking further away?
2018-3-27
Use props
Paul Stocum
lvl.2
United States

PedalingDuo Posted at 2018-3-27 14:26
This may be a dumb question but did you try walking further away?

I've walked further, I've driven further.  The Air stays in one place and just turns to keep camera on me.  But does not move.  I am definitely in "Profile" mode.  Not Spotlight.  As I understand Profile mode, it is supposed to fly at your side, keeping pace.
2018-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Use the roll stick (left/right) after you click on green box , so just as you start move it in the direction your going to move, then release and it should follow, keeping roll stick pushed will allow aircraft to circle you as you walk, release stick and aircraft will follow you at whatever angle you stopped at.
2018-3-27
Use props
Paul Stocum
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-3-27 14:58
Use the roll stick (left/right) after you click on green box , so just as you start move it in the direction your going to move, then release and it should follow, keeping roll stick pushed will allow aircraft to circle you as you walk, release stick and aircraft will follow you at whatever angle you stopped at.

I will give it a try and will follow up for others that may be having difficulty.

Thanks!
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Paul, please check the user manual for the Mavic air: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 20Manual%20v1.2.pdf, you can know more details of the Active track from page 20 to page 22. Thanks!

2018-3-27
Use props
Zuhlster
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-27 19:42
Hi Paul, please check the user manual for the Mavic air: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic%20Air/20180305/Mavic%20Air%20User%20Manual%20v1.2.pdf, you can know more details of the Active track from page 20 to page 22. Thanks!

[view_image]

Thank you for the reply.  However I am not having difficulty with "Spotlight".   I am having problems with getting "Profile" to work, or as the manual calls it, "Parallel".

2018-3-27
Use props
Rob.01A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128888 ft
Netherlands

Paul Stocum Posted at 2018-3-27 12:49
On the Mavic Air, I've yet to see a "go" button after subject is highlighted.  In default active track mode, I tap the green box and I get a count down.  In Profile, when I tap the green box the subject becomes deselected.

Is what Drew says, when you draw a green box around you the GO button appears inside the green box.
Hit that and should be working.

Check my video:

2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Zuhlster Posted at 2018-3-27 21:13
Thank you for the reply.  However I am not having difficulty with "Spotlight".   I am having problems with getting "Profile" to work, or as the manual calls it, "Parallel".

So sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried to update the latest firmware for the drone, remote controller and the DJI GO4, then check if it is ok? If still no good luck, please feel free to let us know, we'll look into it. Thank you in advance!
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Rob.01A Posted at 2018-3-28 00:27
Is what Drew says, when you draw a green box around you the GO button appears inside the green box.
Hit that and should be working.

Nice video, wonderful parallel track, thanks for your sharing.
2018-3-28
Use props
Zuhlster
lvl.2
United States

SUCCESS!  I ran out to try out the suggestions.  I updated my software last time I tried to get profile to work.  When I fired up and connected to my Air tonight, there was another update to install.

After installing everything worked great, and I finally got the "GO" button to appear.  

Thank you for your patience.

Tonight's attempt, I tried moving the joy stick as I flew.  Then walking back I backed up to take in the scenery to my east.

2018-3-28
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

That's great glad to hear you got it working.  
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules