reformatting disc
568 6 2018-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulyp99
lvl.2

I have a Samsung 16 pro+ disc that I use for my photos and video. This disc seems to need formatting often. I thought once you format a disc you wouldnty need to do it again. I have had the drone for a few months and have had to format disc at least 4 times already. Does anyone know why? Should i get a new disc?
2018-3-27
Use props
The Bash's
lvl.4

United States

I would say replace it.  The reason being is that you shouldn't have to format it but the one time.  Once it is in the correct format for the device it's going to be used in then it should stay.  DJI list only a few that are compatible with the Spark.  I would try and purchase one of those.  

Sandisk 16 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Sandisk 32 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Sandisk 64 GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC
Kinston 16 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Kinston 32 GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Kinston 64 GB UHS-1 Micro SDXC
Samsung 16G UHS-I Micro SDHC
Samsung 32G UHS-I Micro SDHC
Samsung 64G UHS-I Micro SDXC
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Paul, please change a SD card. How did you format your SD card? Did you try to format it in your phone? Thanks for your support.
2018-3-27
Use props
paulyp99
lvl.2

The Bash's Posted at 2018-3-27 19:30
I would say replace it.  The reason being is that you shouldn't have to format it but the one time.  Once it is in the correct format for the device it's going to be used in then it should stay.  DJI list only a few that are compatible with the Spark.  I would try and purchase one of those.  

Thanks for the info. Does it make a difference if I format it while it is in my computer or should I do it in the spark?
2018-3-28
Use props
paulyp99
lvl.2

The Bash's Posted at 2018-3-27 19:30
I would say replace it.  The reason being is that you shouldn't have to format it but the one time.  Once it is in the correct format for the device it's going to be used in then it should stay.  DJI list only a few that are compatible with the Spark.  I would try and purchase one of those.  

Thanks for the info. Does it make a difference if I format it while it is in my computer or should I do it in the spark?
2018-3-28
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

paulyp99 Posted at 2018-3-28 06:33

better do you it via DJI Go4 app. if you format it via computer just make sure NOT to be formatted as FAT.
2018-3-28
Use props
paulyp99
lvl.2

dj_dread Posted at 2018-3-28 06:35
better do you it via DJI Go4 app. if you format it via computer just make sure NOT to be formatted as FAT.

Gotcha, thanks.
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules