1886 17 2018-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc35f59ab
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158770 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Inspire 1.v2 was working fine no issues. Went to retract landing gear and it would not raise or lower gear. However, in DJIGO, it deplays message "raising gear" and "lowering gear" There is no sound from the worm gear or from the motor. Blue LED comes on and stays on until I try to stow gear again. When I try and stow gear (up and down 4 times), I lose video transmission. When I cycle the switch again, I get video back. I am using a Z3 camera. Auto take off does not function either. This all happened at once... Make matters worse I am giving an Inspire demonstration to 6 fir depts on Saturday........
Any help would be greatly appreciated...

2018-3-27
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>

sounds like your center frame failed.

can check the plug to make sure its fully seated. also clean and re-lube the worm gear and bearing at the bottom.  and cycle it by hand?
2018-3-27
Use props
fansc35f59ab
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-3-27 17:44
sounds like your center frame failed.

can check the plug to make sure its fully seated. also clean and re-lube the worm gear and bearing at the bottom.  and cycle it by hand?

Thanks, Where is the plug? This drone has never made a hard landing .  Also, I have limited tools and can't take the gimble plate off to get to the manual screw ( I am at a convention) So checking the plug right now is about all I can do .... sigh....
2018-3-27
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>

its on the left side looking at the nose, on the battery compartment  kinda hard to get too but has 3 wires to it
2018-3-27
Use props
fansc35f59ab
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-3-27 17:59
its on the left side looking at the nose, on the battery compartment  kinda hard to get too but has 3 wires to it

Man, you aren't kidding... All plugs appear to be seated....
2018-3-27
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>

motor died then or is just really bound up
2018-3-27
Use props
fansc35f59ab
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-3-27 18:14
motor died then or is just really bound up

I would guess motor because there is no sound at all from it. You cycle the gear, and the blue LED comes on and the camera disconnects. You cycle it again, yellow flashing light and the camera reconnects... However the landing makes no sound whatsoever...
2018-3-27
Use props
fansc35f59ab
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fansc35f59ab Posted at 2018-3-27 18:16
I would guess motor because there is no sound at all from it. You cycle the gear, and the blue LED comes on and the camera disconnects. You cycle it again, yellow flashing light and the camera reconnects... However the landing makes no sound whatsoever...

I wiggled the plug a little more thought about using harsh language and it started to work!!!
Thanks Man I appreciate it!!!
2018-3-27
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>

good to hear. cause trust me replacing the center frame is not fun
2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansc35f59ab Posted at 2018-3-27 18:24
I wiggled the plug a little more thought about using harsh language and it started to work!!!
Thanks Man I appreciate it!!!

In your case, if your landing gear does not work all the time, please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support Thanks for your support.
2018-3-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe, you can try some contact cleaner on the socket connector  

If you unplug the socket and use this product linked below.  

CAIG LABORATORIES D100L-25C Contact Cleaner

Fast acting deoxidizing solution
• Cleans, protects, lubricates
• Can be used as a general treatment for Connectors

Rich

2018-3-27
Use props
fansc35f59ab
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-3-27 19:21
Maybe, you can try some contact cleaner on the socket connector  

If you unplug the socket and use this product linked below.  

Rich,
Thanks will do!
2018-3-28
Use props
fansc35f59ab
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-3-27 18:51
In your case, if your landing gear does not work all the time, please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support Thanks for your support.

Thanks! Will do
2018-3-28
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>

i would replace the center frame myself. cheaper and less down time. also dont need to worry about shipping the drone back and forth to DJI and waiting, and hoping it returns intact. not hard to replace just gotta take your time, as everything is built off and around it
2018-3-28
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

This product is very useful on the battery connections and the camera mounting contacts.  I use this on all my drone contacts.... works great

Rich
2018-3-28
Use props
fansc35f59ab
lvl.2
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-3-28 08:10
This product is very useful on the battery connections and the camera mounting contacts.  I use this on all my drone contacts.... works great

Rich

All,
I think I learned a little something here.  It appears to be a combination of issues. The connector was loose. But also, We were lowering and raising gear in a low light situation on a hotel convention hall carpet. (colors that cannot be described by the Human mouth) The gear would not function over this carpet , but would function on a white table. Also, if something is under the drone ATT sensors , it will not lower all the way. Seemed to be consistent in this. Took it outside, worked fine. Either the low light or the carpet does not allow the sensors to determine altitude which then affect landing gear articulation.
Thanks for all your help!
2018-3-28
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>

then VPS uses a sonar to detect the ground below. so the carpeting absorbs that and confuses the drone. also carpet is bad as the legs get stuck and puts strain on the mech.  
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

You are welcome. Hope the problem will be solved soon.
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules