4084 27 2018-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

We'll, the wife and I are finally settled in our new place and finally got internet access (FIOS) after a 5 hour installation.  Yes, 5 hours to install FIOS (enough said).  Anyway, I have a really nice walking and bike path right behind my new place so thought I would share some of that footage taken the other day.  I really liked the long shot shooting down the walking/hiking trail.  Feel free to let me know your thoughts.  

I shot this video at a video resolution of 2.7K (Ultra High Def) and uploaded at to YouTube at that resolution as well.  Of course YouTube does their own compression but I think the footage looks pretty good.  Feel free to let me know what you think.  I'm still playing around with different video resolutions to see what looks best when uploading to YouTube.  Also, did a little color correction, and editing to these clips.

2018-3-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Great footage, it's really cool. Thank you so much for sharing the video with us!
2018-3-27
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
China

Such high quality
2018-3-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very good quality!
2018-3-27
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-3-27 20:01
Great footage, it's really cool. Thank you so much for sharing the video with us!

Anytime....thanks for the positive feedback.  Much appreciated.
2018-3-28
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks....I appreciate that.  
2018-3-28
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you......it's nice I have someplace to fly right in my backyard now.  I really wanted to fly under that bridge...but we know how that goes.  I'm still tempted......perhaps I'll give my SPARK a crack at flying under this guy.   
2018-3-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-3-28 05:26
Thank you......it's nice I have someplace to fly right in my backyard now.  I really wanted to fly under that bridge...but we know how that goes.  I'm still tempted......perhaps I'll give my SPARK a crack at flying under this guy.

Yes, that is nice
And best to do maybe.
2018-3-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I have been contemplating adding an Air to my small collection and this video helps me lean that way. Very good clarity and quality.
2018-3-28
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 2018-3-28 11:14
I have been contemplating adding an Air to my small collection and this video helps me lean that way. Very good clarity and quality.

Yeah, you'll have no regrets.  It's a great product.  Very happy with my purchase.  
2018-3-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-3-28 12:19
Yeah, you'll have no regrets.  It's a great product.  Very happy with my purchase.

Yup. I scout the Air Forum closely looking out for any issues but so far it seems to be stable. Alot of user issues nothing serious. Was really hoping for the MP2 but will get this
2018-3-28
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great footage and excellent quality, well done indeed. Thanks for sharing both your knowledge and demonstrating the capabilities of the Air. It's a great wee drone for sure.
2018-3-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great footage - 100MBPS in 4K is great but the one thing I am really impressed by on the MA specs is 2.7K @ 60p - that would be my go to setting.
2018-3-28
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Excellent footage and video, thank you very much! For myself I had identified 2.7k as the best allround resolution from the outset when I got my Mavic Air. Will be my standard setting unless special circumstances might require more. But so far the number of spectators who could enjoy more is quite limited.
2018-3-28
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

That is great footage.  What were your settings if you do not mind me asking?  
2018-3-28
Use props
MWitarsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2058179 ft
Brazil

I guess I would not have the courage and confidence to fly near the trees like you did in the first scene. But I liked the effect of the drone scene going back and placing the viewer about location. Well done!
2018-3-28
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-3-28 12:50
That is great footage.  What were your settings if you do not mind me asking?

Sure....at marker 2:25 in the video I put all my settings for this video.  I think I might keep doing this because it helps me keep track of what I shot at if I revisit the video at some future point.   
2018-3-29
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-3-28 12:42
Great footage - 100MBPS in 4K is great but the one thing I am really impressed by on the MA specs is 2.7K @ 60p - that would be my go to setting.

Yeah, I think I'll give 2.7K (60p) a try on my next video.  Until I walk through the entire process of shooting the video, editing, color-grading, uploading to YouTube, etc., ....only then do I feel I'll get a truer depiction of the video quality at each setting.   At least for me....because I'm uploading most of the video to YouTube (and they're doing they're own internal compression as well).  

I'll keep playing with the different resolutions.....not sure which is my favorite yet.  
2018-3-29
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you to everyone for the positive feedback.  I really do enjoy the feedback.  
2018-3-29
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oh, and if your watching this Video from YouTube make sure you adjust you settings (the little COG) to 2160p (4k) to watch in the highest resolution.  Otherwise, you might be looking at a lesser quality (down scaled) video.

2018-3-29
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MWitarsa Posted at 2018-3-28 12:50
I guess I would not have the courage and confidence to fly near the trees like you did in the first scene. But I liked the effect of the drone scene going back and placing the viewer about location. Well done!

Thanks...yes, I enjoy shooting those types of shots.  I had video going forward (same shot) and going backwards....and the backward flying just looks better in my opinion.  
2018-3-29
Use props
MWitarsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2058179 ft
Brazil

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-3-29 06:04
Thanks...yes, I enjoy shooting those types of shots.  I had video going forward (same shot) and going backwards....and the backward flying just looks better in my opinion.

I'll try to record going backward next time.
2018-3-29
Use props
Matthew Chirico
First Officer
Flight distance : 769160 ft
United States

export settings?
2018-3-29
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

In Adobe Premiere Pro CC, if I'm not mistaken I used the following for this video;

VBR - 2 Pass
Target Bit Rate:  30
Maximum Bit Rate:  35
Maximum Render Quality:  CHECKED

I think that covers the basics for this video.   
2018-3-29
Use props
Matthew Chirico
First Officer
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-3-29 10:47
In Adobe Premiere Pro CC, if I'm not mistaken I used the following for this video;

VBR - 2 Pass

what if you import 4k video at 23.976 fps, but your sequence is at 2.7k dimensions and you want to export at 2.7k...questions:

1. does editing 4k footage in a 2.7k sequence and then exporting the 4k footage at 2.7k have any negatives?
   1a. would you export at the same settings you mentioned above?

2. since I took 4k footage should I just export at 4k or is 2.7k better? (I've heard that it is...if so, why?)
   2a. if I export at 4k what should my export settings be?

3. does the sequence dimensions you're editing in affect the outcome of the video? Or is what your exporting dimensions are (4k or 2.7k), all that matter?
   3a. would exporting at 4k from a 2.7k sequence dimension have a difference from exporting a 4k video from a 4k sequence dimension?

Summary:
I just want the cleanest, sharpest looking exported video (In the end will be uploaded to YouTube, etc.)
If I take all my video at 4k, 23.976 FPS...what are the Adobe premiere steps to attaining the best looking footage?

2018-3-29
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Chirico Posted at 2018-3-29 11:31
what if you import 4k video at 23.976 fps, but your sequence is at 2.7k dimensions and you want to export at 2.7k...questions:

1. does editing 4k footage in a 2.7k sequence and then exporting the 4k footage at 2.7k have any negatives?

I'll be honest.  A lot of this is trial and error to see what looks best.  You'll find a bunch of videos out there with people recommending different settings.  I did a brief video here outlining some of this (not sure if you saw it);   

In short, if your uploading to YouTube.  We'll, YouTube does their own compression and it becomes a juggling act between the file sizes (being very large at times) and picture quality (upload times, editing times,etc).  Just remember I would say 90% of people watching on YouTube don't even have the ability to watch in true 4K resolution.  Unless their watching on a true 4K monitor (or TV) they're probably watching at a lesser quality than what was uploaded.

2018-3-29
Use props
Matthew Chirico
First Officer
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-3-29 14:04
I'll be honest.  A lot of this is trial and error to see what looks best.  You'll find a bunch of videos out there with people recommending different settings.  I did a brief video here outlining some of this (not sure if you saw it);   https://youtu.be/8I_fQVQl6dg

In short, if your uploading to YouTube.  We'll, YouTube does their own compression and it becomes a juggling act between the file sizes (being very large at times) and picture quality (upload times, editing times,etc).  Just remember I would say 90% of people watching on YouTube don't even have the ability to watch in true 4K resolution.  Unless their watching on a true 4K monitor (or TV) they're probably watching at a lesser quality than what was uploaded.

gotchya gotchya...dealing with all the downsizing and whatnat, I just want the most crisp video I can make
2018-3-30
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Chirico Posted at 2018-3-30 07:03
gotchya gotchya...dealing with all the downsizing and whatnat, I just want the most crisp video I can make

Yep, totally understand.  I'm actually in the process of upgrading my monitor so I can really enjoy the 4K footage.  
2018-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules