Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI: Please improve beta testing and version identification!
2367 9 2014-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gerd_S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4303379 ft
Germany

I downloaded Assistant Software 3.4 two days ago and wondered about the missing battery update as well as the missing info field right to the battery info on the update screen, normally telling "no update" or tshowing the new version available.
So I followed the other threads and updated my batteries by using the old 3.2 Assistant Software.

Although no software is bug-free it should have been discovered during beta testing that something is missing at the update screen.

Meanwhile DJI seems to have replaced the original Assistant Software 3.4 by at least one newer version, but without showing this change within the version number (e.g. 3.4.1 instead of 3.4) or the release date (still Oct, 28th)!

That's very bad and absolutely not professional practice to change some software after initial pblishing without reflecting the change at the version number or publishing date. Users cannot detect this change without downloading and comparing against a previous downloaded file by checking the file lengths.

Just one software version earlier there was also a serious bug which didn't get discovered before publishing the software. There a Phantom 2 with iOSD Mini didn't start-up any longer after the update has been applied. There it was a faulty controller firmware which got replaced few days later.

So, please DJI, do better beta testing with probably involving more users and configurations to avoid such trouble with future updates and provide a better version control of your software available at your server!

Regards, Gerd

2014-10-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gerd, thank your for your comments.  The firmware was well tested by many users.  It was discovered after the introduction that one of the updates, the Zen IMU, was not correct.  The engineers corrected the mistake.  We should have renamed the version and I apologize for any confusion.  It has been posted on other forums that users that downloaded the initial version should reload the Assistant software and run the upgrade for the Zen IMU.  Again we apologize for the confusion.
2014-10-30
Use props
chris.pugrud
lvl.3

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-10-30 22:29
Gerd, thank your for your comments.  The firmware was well tested by many users.  It was discovered  ...

Are you going to release another new version, 3.4.1 that also fixes the battery update?
2014-10-30
Use props
Gerd_S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4303379 ft
Germany

DJI, I thought you would also have fixed the battery update issue, but it's still there with todays version!

To make it more clear I have added a screenshot of both version 3.2 and 3.4 (downloaded and re-installed just 30 minutes ago), showing the difference.
Do you now understand what I meant with better beta-testing? This issue should have also been detected by your beta team...

Added:
There is a lot of DJI made confusion now concerning the correct battery firmware version spread over all related forums. At some other threads here DJI has stated that version 2.6 is intended only for very new batteries not delivered to customers yet. But if true, why did it get described within the change record in a way that everybody thinks he should update and why did version 2.6 then get offered within Assistant version 3.2 although it could be hidden depending on the battery hardware revision displayed?
If firmware 2.6 is not intended to be used with old batteries, does it have negative effecs on old batteries which have been updated meanwhile? OR should old batteries get downgraded to version 2.0? If yes, how can this be done?

Regards, Gerd
Assistant.jpg
2014-10-30
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.4

United States

All I can say is that my phantom gimble and camera do not work anymore. The gimble is limp now with a solid red light. There is no IMU anymore in my firmware in the assistant software.
It does not even give me the IMU as a updateable item. It is completely missing within the 3.2 and the 3.8 software.

Not very happy that this update, messed things up because DJI put out the IMU that was not working correctly. My phantom is useless right now. Not good guy's.

2014-10-30
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-10-30 22:29
Gerd, thank your for your comments.  The firmware was well tested by many users.  It was discovered  ...

The Zen IMU is not in my assistant firmware anymore.
2014-10-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you show us a screen shot?
2014-10-30
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-10-31 11:22

I will have to do it in the morning.
2014-10-30
Use props
uptowndisco
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I updated the Zen IMU when offered through ver 3.4 , should I now use  version 3.6 to reprogram the Zen IMU again ,  if I do not do this what consequences could be encountered with the Phantom in flight ?
2014-10-31
Use props
alex.lebow
New

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-10-31 11:22

I have the same problem. The "upgrade" tab in the Assistant software lists everything except ZEN IMU.

Also, the Assistant Software only recognizes it as Phantom 2, not Phantom 2 Vision+.

Help?
2014-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules