Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Breezy Day but couldn't resist
577 9 2018-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coppertop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168658 ft

The weather was decent today. Warm temps, slight overcast and only a touch of a breeze (or so I thought). I haven't been flying in a while so I tempted fate and traveled to a local Boy Scout Park that features a replica of the Statue of Liberty.

Again, there was a slight breeze at ground level but I quickly discovered when I got the Spark up 100 feet or so, the breeze became a little more intense. My guess the wind was gusting in the neighborhood of 30mph. It was strong enough to not only trigger the High Wind Advisory but also the Strong Wind warning at the top of the DJI App display. Had the Spark carried passengers, the Captain would have definitely had the "Fasten Seat Belt" signs illuminated.

I was able to make a few passes at the statue and while I tried to pan the camera around smoothly, the wind had other thoughts. Here's a compilation of my best three passes.

2018-3-28
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Really nice footage. Good work!
2018-3-28
Use props
RjMllr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17913 ft
Philippines

Nice footage!
2018-3-28
Use props
dj_dread
Captain
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

good job!
nice footage!
2018-3-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wind gave you a hard time.
Nice try though!
2018-3-28
Use props
Greywheels
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3241 ft

Nicely done!
2018-3-29
Use props
Northwood
Captain
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

The free version of UAV Forecast app will show you the wind speeds and approximate gust speeds at various altitudes at your current location and time... no surprises that way!  Might help.  Great video all the same.
2018-3-29
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Captain
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

Dude isn't it illegal to fly at the statue of liberty!?!?!?!?!?

just kidding, cool vid!
2018-3-29
Use props
Coppertop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168658 ft

Northwood Posted at 2018-3-29 09:11
The free version of UAV Forecast app will show you the wind speeds and approximate gust speeds at various altitudes at your current location and time... no surprises that way!  Might help.  Great video all the same.

Thanks. Downloading now.
2018-3-29
Use props
unhommelibre
First Officer
Flight distance : 109268 ft
United States

Nice work.
2018-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now