Youtube Streaming Stalls
541 3 2018-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ALDOT-Steve
lvl.1

United States

Hello from Alabama. Our team is just now moving into streaming and we have had one major snag. Youtube streaming seems to run fairly smoothly for the first 2 1/2 minutes then it just stops and buffers with the grey circle spinning. Ultimately, the full video is saved, but the viewers at the conference will be left with nothing to view. I've followed all the instructions from DJI and Youtube, and I even had our iPad running on a seperate data connection (both Verizon 4g) than the laptop to give me as little lag time as possible. The iPad is fully updated with the latest app version and iOS updates. The only issue I can think of is that I am running the camera @ 1920x1080.
Thanks in advance

-Steve

2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Steve, is it possible to provide a video for better confirmation? The camera resolution doesn't seem to be the reason, the network environment and the handling capacity of the live stream platform will influence the live stream.
2018-3-28
Use props
Alex_Law_P4
lvl.2
United States

Do u have a youtube channel if you do what is it
2018-3-28
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If its on, perhaps turning off video caching and try again? 1080 might be too much for the Ipad to handle, i mean with the app taking up most of the raw power, adding streaming as well takes a lot, 1080 and 4g should be ok, its the ipad that could be the bottle neck?
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules