Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video playback help using SD card
1969 7 2018-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill B
First Officer
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

[size=14.6667px] I have an issue with the dji goggles (white), I took a 5 min mpeg 4 video with my mavic air and imported the video in to my mac. (i photo). I then copied the movie to the SD card in my goggles and saved it to the DJI movie folder. When I fire up the goggles it shows an image of a broken file and will not play the movie. I copied another flight I did last summer with my phantom 3 advanced to the same folder on the goggles and it plays fine. I checked the file size on each movie. The one shot on the mavic air is 2.7K 60 FPS cinelike d format, file size 2720 x 1530. The older video from the phantom is 1920x 1080. What is going on here? will the goggles not playback 2.7 k from a SD card? Should I not import the videos to iphoto before coping them to the goggles? Any help would be appreciated.
2018-3-28
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

You said it. Why don't you try it yourself and let us know!
2018-3-28
Use props
Bill B
First Officer
United States

dronist Posted at 2018-3-28 16:54
You said it. Why don't you try it yourself and let us know!

DR. Honest, the jury is in.  I tried it, and have found that the Imac and iphoto have nothing to do with the video playing through the goggles. It is a limitation of the goggles. I shot some video in various formats and transferred them directly to the goggles card. ALL videos shot in 1080 played, none of the videos shot in 2.7 played back.  However, strange to me, as I would have thought the goggles would play the video back in the best resolution it could, even if the video was shot in 4 k, our computers and TV sets will do that. It is what it is. This is DR. Broken Beezer Carlutchi, signing off.
2018-3-30
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bill B Posted at 2018-3-30 03:44
DR. Honest, the jury is in.  I tried it, and have found that the Imac and iphoto have nothing to do with the video playing through the goggles. It is a limitation of the goggles. I shot some video in various formats and transferred them directly to the goggles card. ALL videos shot in 1080 played, none of the videos shot in 2.7 played back.  However, strange to me, as I would have thought the goggles would play the video back in the best resolution it could, even if the video was shot in 4 k, our computers and TV sets will do that. It is what it is. This is DR. Broken Beezer Carlutchi, signing off.

as I would have thought the goggles would play the video back in the best resolution it could

They do, the Goggles work at 1920x1080P.

even if the video was shot in 4 k, our computers and TV sets will do that.

Only if they support 4k.

2018-3-30
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bill B Posted at 2018-3-30 03:44

You see... That wasn't bad...
2018-3-30
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-30 04:03
as I would have thought the goggles would play the video back in the best resolution it could

This is the same for the Crystal Sky HDMI output, the CS is capable of 1080p only, so if you plug the HDMI out into a 4K monitor to playback files from the cache you will only see 1080p resolution even if you cached them to the optional SD card in the CS.
2018-3-30
Use props
Bill B
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-3-30 04:03

And the goggles clearly don't support anything over 1080P from the SD card. How then do they play video from a blue ray player? Is the HDMI "in" port separate from SD card? Different process? How do the demos on the goggles play back in such stunning detail, and look so vivid? As usual, these goggles are another example of DJI's confounding products, and there way of doing things in a strange manner.
2018-3-30
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bill B Posted at 2018-3-30 17:49
And the goggles clearly don't support anything over 1080P from the SD card. How then do they play video from a blue ray player? Is the HDMI "in" port separate from SD card? Different process? How do the demos on the goggles play back in such stunning detail, and look so vivid? As usual, these goggles are another example of DJI's confounding products, and there way of doing things in a strange manner.

How then do they play video from a blue ray player?

Unless you've upgraded your Blue Ray player in the past couple of years or so then it won't support the Ultra HD (3840 x 2160). The first 4k Blue Ray players appeared in 2016.

Prior to that it was HD (1920 x 1080P) which the Goggles support natively.

The demo videos are just that, professionally produced, and by design should show the Goggles at their best. You could probably make any video stand out a bit more by tweaking the colour saturation, exposure and contrast in post editing.
2018-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules