HEAT buildup
1106 5 2018-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pyott
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4511 ft
United States

Never owning a gimble prior to this one, I have a question about heat, is it typical for the motor at the control area to get Moderately hot?  It's not hot enough to burn you but I em concerned about it being hot enough to melt wires, is this normal?
2018-3-28
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

the motors will be hot if the gimbal is not balanced good enough
2018-3-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

What product are you using?
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi pyott, how long will the motor get hot after you power on? Please make sure the gimbal has been balanced well before you switch on, here is a tutorial video about how to operate Osmo Mobile 2 for your reference:
2018-3-29
Use props
pyott
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4511 ft
United States

As far as I could tell it was well balanced, I did follow the balance directions when I first got it.  Only the lower motor was getting hot.  The one above the controls.  Others didn't seem to be.  It had was on and off during a 1 hr performance.  Total run time might have been 30 minutes and I hadn't noticed the heat until near the end of the performance.
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

pyott Posted at 2018-3-29 08:29
As far as I could tell it was well balanced, I did follow the balance directions when I first got it.  Only the lower motor was getting hot.  The one above the controls.  Others didn't seem to be.  It had was on and off during a 1 hr performance.  Total run time might have been 30 minutes and I hadn't noticed the heat until near the end of the performance.

Please do more test, if the gimbal motor gets hot very quickly when you switch on and only one the motor is hot, I recommend to send in for evaluation.
2018-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules