1718 6 2018-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Hi,

On my Mavic, you can active track and reframe for a more interesting image.

With the OSMO Mobile 2 app, it will always stay in center. This isn't very interesting.

Can this be implemented in the future?

1) Select Subject
2)Reposition Phone
3)Record!

We can already do 1 and 2 separate, please make it possible.

I guess many would find this interesting as well.

Imagine tracking a subject and have it to stay on the left of the image so the rest of the scenery can stay on 2/3 of the frame visible.

2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for your suggestion. I think our engineers will work hard to improve our products.
2018-3-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very good one indeed!
2018-4-1
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great suggestion.
2018-4-1
Use props
bmoralesii
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16053 ft
United States

Can’t you do 1 and 2 together right now? In active track, after selecting a subject, you can recompose with the directional pad and move the selected area away from the center. Does the gimbal not keeps the area in the new position?  I thought it did...
2018-4-1
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

bmoralesii Posted at 2018-4-1 22:32
Can’t you do 1 and 2 together right now? In active track, after selecting a subject, you can recompose with the directional pad and move the selected area away from the center. Does the gimbal not keeps the area in the new position?  I thought it did...

Omg, you are right. I tried it again to make sure, because when I tried it with some hyperlapses, it didn't really seem to work. I tried by hand, didn't want to do it. Tried with joystick and felt as if the motors are trying to resist your adjustment and wants to keep in center.

But truth is, you need to wait till it is in center. Then you can use the joystick but it goes soooo sloooow that at first second you think it doesn't do anything, until you keep pushing. Then you feel a little jitter in your hand from the motors. And that made me believe it resisted it and tried to counter my joystick movement. Takes about 5seconds to get it to the upperside of the frame.

I wish it was made a little but more clear with instruction. You would asume it would be more responsive.

Now I feel frustrated I didn't knew that when I was in Paris friday, making some hyperlapses as test.
2018-4-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, all. For the problem, we would recommend users move the stick slowly to adjust the position during active track. Thanks for your support.
2018-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules