Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware update poll
6163 77 2015-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ScottGunn
lvl.2

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-5-8 11:23
Hey man,
I believe if we all share, it will be a better place.

Posted the files....don't understand most of it though.

You and a couple others on this forum should get a paycheck from DJI!  They can sure use a few more moderators!  Thank you for your constant input and support!
2015-5-8
Use props
cdon2
New

Canada

keithh Posted at 2015-5-8 23:12
cdon2:

Sorry for the delay. My update took about the same time as Jeremyconks did.

Thanks Keith. I found a loose wire yesterday in the ribbon harness in the gimbal and I connected it back into the only hole in the connector that was left.
I had to do the loop the rubber damper process to get the gimbal mounted again to the frame, it works. But doing the update did not work and I have one dead battery. Will not respond at all to anything. I read on the Peter Homer posting on another thread that they too had a dead battery with no video coming through. I haven't finished watching that. I have to set this up to see what is happening on the screen as well but, the RC's have upgraded fine, and of course are probably useless because the Inspire itself now is quite useless.
2015-5-8
Use props
cdon2
New

Canada

ScottGunn Posted at 2015-5-9 02:38
found it....please advise

[00010504]========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 unsynchronized ======

HI Scott, I am still trying to update as well. DAY TWO. I found a loose wire yesterday, had to remove the gimbal mounting to the rubber dampers to get at it. Stuck it back in, and the updating process is different than yesterdays. However, yesterday one of my batteries is damaged as a result, dead it is. So this update killed a two hundred dollar battery. Wonderful, and I am not the only one that has happened too.

I will give it half an hour this time and see if anything changes. The unsychronized and failure message is what I get as well.  This is very frustrating. DJI owes me a battery.
2015-5-8
Use props
cdon2
New

Canada

Theo ter Haar Posted at 2015-5-8 16:22
Dear cdon2,

This is your problem:

Hi Theo,
Thanks but I am in a home studio room with no iPad in here and the transmitters have been off all the time. Neither the Inspire nor the transmitters were ever on at the same time during this process. I think it has to do with a crash I had and something is screwed up somewhere that I can't see. Not going to waste anymore batteries finding out. It is probably going to end up as trash.
2015-5-8
Use props
Theo ter Haar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20730951 ft
Netherlands

cdon2 Posted at 2015-5-9 04:40
Hi Theo,
Thanks but I am in a home studio room with no iPad in here and the transmitters have been ...

Very sorry to hear, Good luck!
2015-5-8
Use props
cdon2
New

Canada

Theo ter Haar Posted at 2015-5-9 05:06
Very sorry to hear, Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestion Theo, but nothing is working. time to take the Inspire out and shoot it.
2015-5-8
Use props
chibberts
lvl.1

United States

I use DJI support because of issues. They helped me in about 10 and had it all done and flying later that day. The issue was having to re=format the sd card before downloading update and installing. Pretty much a new thing I learned along with the previous update. LOL
2015-5-8
Use props
ScottGunn
lvl.2

United States

chibberts Posted at 2015-5-9 06:45
I use DJI support because of issues. They helped me in about 10 and had it all done and flying later ...

Glad you got yours back on track.  I have reformatted the sd card numerous times in my attempts...still no go.
2015-5-8
Use props
ScottGunn
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-8 11:17
Set the hidden folder visible, go to MISC\LOG\WM610_FW_LOG_AB.txt.

DJI-AUTUMN!!!!!!

Where did you go!?!?

I posted the files you requested....awaiting reply.
2015-5-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

ScottGunn Posted at 2015-5-9 03:54
Posted the files....don't understand most of it though.

You and a couple others on this forum sho ...

Thank you for the kind words just one of the forum team members, I hope others will offer their experiences and we will all benefit by it. A lot of folks do... Jim Hare is awesome and I have learned a lot of camera settings and software from him.

DJI is pretty busy updating software and hardware. Hopefully we will get some of the features  that are worth waiting for (Auto map routing! waypoints).
2015-5-8
Use props
ScottGunn
lvl.2

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-5-9 11:13
Thank you for the kind words just one of the forum team members, I hope others will offer their ex ...

I hope so!  waypoints would be a huge boost.  Unfortunately I have had a rough time with mine, Defect caused it to lose power and crash on second flight...two months waiting to get it back, now I hear I may have to send it in again because the firmware wont update...That may be my cue to move on.  I use this to make a living, not as a hobby.  I cant afford to have a tool that is being repaired more than it is in the air.   
2015-5-8
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

ScottGunn Posted at 2015-5-9 11:27
I hope so!  waypoints would be a huge boost.  Unfortunately I have had a rough time with mine, Def ...

As a retired Helicopter pilot we always and more ground time vs. air time LOL

I hope you can get this sorted out! maybe, they will have a firmware fix file to get you back in the air.
2015-5-8
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

I hope so!  waypoints would be a huge boost.  Unfortunately I have had a rough time with mine, Def ...

Hi Scott, wher you able to do the update? Hopefully you where able to do that video Shoot!!!
2015-5-8
Use props
kappaOS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1276778 ft
Italy

Update done. No problems.

I think most of the people abort the update while its still running.
BE PATIENT

Flown 3 batteries: ALL FINE

Bad video transmission: GONE

NOTED:
Problems with RTH altitude
It was 0 after the update.
Set back to 75m. Exit. Gone back. Still 75m
After some flights and changing back and forth from aircraft home point to controller home point it's back to 0m!!
BAD BUG

Can anyone else confirm ?
2015-5-9
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Yapstrapper Posted at 2015-5-7 22:37
Should add another option for voting "not going to update"

indeed.  I wouldnt mind some fixes but do not want any more stupid restrictions.  regretting this purchase and wishing id have built a custom one instead the more i learn about them and every new firmware upgrade they issue.  The update required flashing message is getting annoying, lol!   Any custom firmware out there that will provide the improvements and bug fixes but not impose more flight restrictions?
2015-5-9
Use props
Theo ter Haar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20730951 ft
Netherlands

kappaOS Posted at 2015-5-9 23:18
Update done. No problems.

I think most of the people abort the update while its still running.

Yep I know a few fellow owners with the same problem 0 mtr set backs
2015-5-9
Use props
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

OK so I was going to wait till the results of the Poll to do my firmware update but I gave in and did it anyway kind of figure the number of issues reported on the board are small compared to the successful updates that happen, people are more applicable to report when there are issues than when it goes well,  Bird and controller no issue with the update taking but the batteries did not update except the one that was in the bird when it did the update.  The others did once I started the App and re-installed the batteries then it said I had to run the batteries down to less than 5% and recharge.  I did this by installing them in the bird and hovering till the battery went critical.  I then hooked them to the remote to drain down to <5 %.  The only issue I see so far is the RTH constantly sets the elevation to 0 and I have to reset it every time.  Only other issue is video transmission is slow and sluggish compared to the previous update constantly get pixelated view.
EDIT 5-10-15
tested the RTH and seems if you make sure the app and RC are fully up before you start the bird then the RTH and Max altitude revert to the normal saved values.  Also I had deleted and reinstalled the app and this seems to have corrected the sluggish and pixelated view on the Ipad.
2015-5-9
Use props
jaharrell
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15417 ft
United States

The craft, two controllers and six batteries were updated without any glitches.
I flew about thirty minutes or a little more shot a few stills and a video using one controller with an iPad 2 also updated with the new Pilot App.

2015-5-9
Use props
unblind
lvl.2

United States

PureSQNut Posted at 2015-5-8 03:00
I would be more than happy to vote but my I1 is back at DJI for repair. For a broken main carbon mot ...

Curious..did you break the long shaft from motor to motor?
If so, what is the repair costs?
Did you look to find a replacement part on eBay?
2015-5-10
Use props
rallolah
lvl.1

Sweden

eXpeL Posted at 2015-5-9 03:21
Do you know can I update remote controller by simple USB Pendrive FAT32 ?Anybody knows?

Yes you can.. I did the same in the latest FW upgrade..

You better do the RC upgrade after finishing the AC upgrade.. Turn off the AC.. Plug your USB pendrive to the RC.. Turn it on.. Wait until the upgrade is done.. Check the log on the pendrive..
2015-5-10
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Sorry for the late. Can you find another gimble to attach and do the upgrade?
Upgrade with another different gimble attached might be helpful. You can ask your dealer or nearby dealer for help.
If you still can not finish the upgrade, im afraid you need to send your aircraft back for repairing.
2015-5-11
Use props
michaelanthony.
lvl.2

United States

Just wanted to share my experience with the new update.

I used the original 16GB SD card shipped with the unit, moved everything but the .bin file off the card, inserted into the camera, powered on the AC and let it run. When complete, I removed the .txt files and loaded the SD card into the RC's. Same procedure each time, removed the .txt files after each upgrade, then moved on to the batteries. Below are the times for each upgrade, format is Minutes:Seconds....

AC - 17:08
RC1 - 1:44
RC2 - 1:34
Batt #2 - 1:43
Batt#3 - 1:24

All seemed well and all .txt files say success. I hope to fly either later today or tomorrow but I don't anticipate any issues. But then again, none of us ever do.....
2015-5-11
Use props
ScottGunn
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-11 16:18
Upgrade with another  ...

So is there something wrong with my gimbal/camera model that is preventing the firmware update?   I'm not sure I understand why mine is any different from the others.

A better option would be for DJI to ship me a different, non defective gimbal and I'll ship mine back when it gets here.
2015-5-11
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

michaelanthony. Posted at 2015-5-12 03:12
Just wanted to share my experience with the new update.

I used the original 16GB SD card shipped wi ...

I don't get why IT should take this long to update these batts and the RC and the Quad..WTF??? Tell me these are minutes not hours???
2015-5-11
Use props
michaelanthony.
lvl.2

United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-5-12 08:16
I don't get why IT should take this long to update these batts and the RC and the Quad..WTF??? Tell ...

Sorry - it's in Min:Sec - I should have stated that originally! Just updated my original post - thanks for asking the question dbeck!
2015-5-11
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

whew...thats better LOL!!!
2015-5-11
Use props
nniemik
lvl.1

Canada

I am having the same issue as scottgunn.... my 1900 packet won't upgrade, everything else is fine

[01096147][19 00] v1.0.8.59 -> v1.0.8.96 need upgrade.

Online chat is telling me that I need to send the drone back for service because the gimbal cannot connect even though I can see it calibrate and I could see the camera on my screen before the firmware update.  Now, its bricked.
2015-5-11
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

nniemik Posted at 2015-5-12 13:00
I am having the same issue as scottgunn.... my 1900 packet won't upgrade, everything else is fine

[ ...

In some forums, customers are very unhappy about the last firmware update.
The update reduces the radio channels from 32 to 8 channels.
The result is a reduced range and start a much worse image quality when transmitting.

See:

http://www.drohnen-forum.de/inde ... tID=45300#post45300

http://www.kopterforum.de/topic/28910-schlechte-videoqualität-seit-fw-update/

http://www.kopterforum.de/topic/31479-beschränkung-der-funkfrequenz-durch-dji/
2015-5-12
Use props
nniemik
lvl.1

Canada

I think its too late to try to revert back to a older firmware.... I"ve been told by DJI that my issue need the drone to be sent back for repair.  I think it is just a software issue as everything was in working order before the firmware upgrade.  I wish there is some fresh .bin file they can send you to wipe everything off and start all over so I don't have to send it in for 5 weeks
2015-5-12
Use props
jhannon66
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9013415 ft
United States

nniemik Posted at 2015-5-13 12:30
I think its too late to try to revert back to a older firmware.... I"ve been told by DJI that my iss ...

My update went well until I tried to fly it.  I powered it up and the picture from the camera repeatedly flashed on and off in ~1 second intervals.  After power cycling a couple times to try to get it working it now has no picture and I get a red "no signal" at the top of the screen.  Everything works, it flies normally, except there's no picture from the camera and it also won't communicate with the SD card.  Gimbal works like normal.

Did online chat and they told me it sounds like I have a broken camera and referred me to LA support.  After a week of emailing them in LA no response yet.  
2015-5-12
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

jhannon66@gmail Posted at 2015-5-13 13:46
My update went well until I tried to fly it.  I powered it up and the picture from the camera repe ...

I heard actually read in FORBES that DJI china has fired ALL the staff at LA .. hence no reply to my e-mail too for the last 3 weeks!!
here is the link http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryan ... -china-billionaire/

It was in Muncie that Wang first met Colin Guinn, a well-built Texan, whose angular good looks once graced reality TV show The Amazing Race . Guinn, who ran an aerial cinematography startup, was looking for a way to shoot stabilized video from a UAV and had reached out to Wang by e-mail to see if the young Chinese company had a solution. Wang was working on exactly what Guinn needed, a new kind of gimbal that used onboard accelerometers to adjust its orientation on the fly so the video frame remained still despite a drone’s shaky flying. Wang had gone through at least three gimbal prototypes–and one incapable intern–before he had a decent one. Wang figured out how to connect the drone’s motor to the gimbal so it wouldn’t need its own motor, cutting down on parts and weight. By 2011 the cost to make a flight controller had dropped to less than $400 from $2,000 in 2006.
After initially meeting DJI executives in Muncie in August 2011, Guinn flew out to Shenzhen and eventually formed DJI North America, an Austin, Tex. subsidiary aimed at delivering drones to the mass market, with Wang’s blessing. Guinn was given 48% ownership of the entity, with DJI retaining the remaining 52%. Guinn was put in charge of North American sales and much of its English-language marketing, quickly developing a new motto for the company: “The Future of Possible.” The relationship initially went well. Wang remembers Guinn as a “great salesman” whose “ideas sometimes inspired me.”
By late 2012 DJI had put all the pieces together for a complete drone package: software, propellers, frame, gimbal and remote control. The company unveiled the Phantom in January 2013, the first ready-to-fly, preassembled quadcopter that could be up in the air within an hour of its unboxing and wouldn’t break apart with its first crash. Its simplicity and ease-of-use unlocked the market beyond obsessed enthusiasts.
Yet things had already started falling apart between Wang and Guinn. DJI’s founder didn’t like that Guinn was taking credit for the development of the Phantom and was calling himself CEO of DJI Innovations, a title that still stands on his LinkedIn page. Sources also say that Guinn would often rush into setting up partnership agreements, particularly one with action-camera maker GoPro, which would have been an exclusive camera provider for DJI’s drones. Wang got cold feet in that deal and went against Guinn’s advice, subsequently angering GoPro, which is now rumored to be developing its own drone.
Initially DJI was planning to only break even on the Phantom’s $679 retail price. “We made an entry-level product to prevent competitors from entering a price war,” says Wang. The Phantom, however, quickly became the company’s bestselling product, increasing revenue fivefold with little marketing. More important, it sold around the world, a trend that holds today as the company derives about 30% of revenue from the U.S., 30% from Europe and 30% from Asia, with the remainder from Latin America and Africa. That’s a source of pride for Wang. “Chinese people think imported products are good and made-in-China products are inferior. We’re always second class,” he says. “I’m unsatisfied with the overall environment, and I want to do something to change it,” he adds.
By May 2013, DJI attempted to buy out Guinn’s stake in DJI North America, offering DJI Global shares that would have given the American a paltry 0.3% stake, according to court documents. Guinn demurred, pointing out that it was his office’s work that led to 30% of Phantoms being sold in the U.S. DJI did not leave room for negotiation and by December had locked all of DJI North America’s employees out of their e-mails and redirected all customer payments to China headquarters. By New Year’s Eve the employees had been fired and arrangements were being made to liquidate the Austin office’s equipment. DJI ended that year with $130 million in revenue.
Guinn subsequently sued in early 2014, though the parties eventually settled out of court in August for an undisclosed amount under $10 million, according to sources. (DJI disputes this figure but declined to give an actual amount.) That’s slightly more than what the share-exchange deal would have been worth at the time, given that Sequoia Capital invested a little more than $30 million in mid-2014 at around a $1.6 billion valuation. “To say I had nothing to do with the Phantom would be hilarious, just as it would be to say I was the inventor of the Phantom would be hilarious,” says Guinn, who with many of his former colleagues joined 3D Robotics to take on their past employer.

2015-5-13
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-5-13 17:54
I heard actually read in FORBES that DJI china has fired ALL the staff at LA .. hence no reply to m ...

That's old news - the mass firings were back in 2013 or early 2014.  The whole time the Inspire has been out, DJI-LA has had the new staff in place.
2015-5-13
Use props
bho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19577 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you know can I update remote controller by simple USB Pendrive FAT32 ?Anybody knows?

Did firmware update on aircraft, txt file said success but now red system error and compass won't calibrate. DJI support says no solution, send back. Every thing worked fine before upgrade, lesson learned..if it ain't broke don't try to fix it. DJI support was useless, said they sold 500,000 of these units and I was the first one to have this issue..ha ha
2015-5-13
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

bho@lanl.gov Posted at 2015-5-13 20:53
Did firmware update on aircraft, txt file said success but now red system error and compass won't  ...

DJI just need to post the steps to hard reset the firmware/software as it's possible imho.

PM me ! Oh that's right we can't.
2015-5-13
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

It's really wierd that that polls goes that well and theres a bunch of threads say that the firmware has bugs and that after firmware it crashed!
I'm my case, everything has gone perfect, nothing wrong with my Inspire1.

I think people should read more and do thing by the book instead of doing with quickly and try to find something gone bad!

cheers! nice thread!
2015-5-13
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Yes that's what I normally use. Make sure its formatted first.
2015-5-14
Use props
ScottGunn
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-11 16:18
Upgrade with another  ...

I have been trying for THREE DAYS to call DJI support to try and get this firmware update failure taken care of!  29 call attempts, every time it says "We are experiencing high volume of calls, please try again later"....click.  

Can you please try and assist me?
2015-5-14
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Thank you all who took part in the poll. To me it indicates that although there was a high success rate in being able to update the Inspire first time around, but there is a significant risk in attempting the upgrade. The question now remains to as what causes these problems and how we can suggest they are resolved.

I personally believe that the first place to start would be having a very clear step by step set of instructions on how to complete the upgrade clearly showing the various stages one should go through and indications as to expect during the process. The other is supplying along with the SD card a USB memory stick that has been proven to work with all new purchases that can be kept purely for this purpose.

It's to easy to get confused or make a mistake sitting waiting for the upgrade and its failed to start or to stop the process before completion. The indications given during the upgrade could be changed from the continuous DDDD to something clearer like a D---D and with the red arm lights flashing. The end of a successful DD-------DD and green lights.

There are likely to be other issues as indicated by the helpful feedback from the guys like loading via bricked cameras but we need to get the foundations sorted before we can build a reliable upgrade process.

Your thoughts?
2015-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules