Australia / Singapore Trip?
1152 9 2018-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnnieTheCache
lvl.4

Germany

Hi!

I will be traveling to Australia this summer. Also i will make a stopover in Singapore, where i wont fly, but i will have to take the Mavic into Singapore in my luggage.
For Australia: I read about a registration, but on the website of CASA i do not find anything? I fly for fun, with the Mavic (very small drone?)
https://www.casa.gov.au/aircraft ... ng-drones-australia

Any help is much appreciated!

Regards from an Australia-loving German :-)

P.S. if anyone has cool locations for flying in the Port Douglas / Cape Tribulation area, please let me know!

2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Johnnie, please enter the link and find the NFZ: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map Thanks for your support.
2018-3-31
Use props
liquidguru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 232933 ft
United Kingdom

I live in Indonesia and have travelled multiple times through Singapore to Australia, flown my Mavic there many times, zero problems. Follow local rules, have fun and don't worrry
2018-3-31
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft

Yes it's absolutely fine to bring the mavic to Singapore inside your luggage. Here's the no fly zones in case you want to fly in Singapore:
2018-3-31
Use props
JohnnieTheCache
lvl.4

Germany

many thanks for all your helpful posts!

This sounds excellent. So no registration is required for the mavic in singapore, right?

I will be spending two days there, might even get a chance to fly it :-)

@DJT_MVS do you maybe have a link for the map? II would like to zoom into a few areas. Thx!
2018-3-31
Use props
Ben Foong
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2292352 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JohnnieTheCache Posted at 2018-3-31 11:42
many thanks for all your helpful posts!

This sounds excellent. So no registration is required for the mavic in singapore, right?

Marina Bay Barrage is an excellent place to fly . When I visited Singapore last year with my pro. I went there to get a little hop to be greeted by another mavic pr and spark operator!
2018-3-31
Use props
SamCox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 134888 ft

Im from Melbourne and have no issues flying my drone around theres a requirement from CASA that if your drone is going to be used for business purposes that you will need to get a licence but just for recreational use theres no issue.
2018-3-31
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Cool!! Make sure to share your footage here when you come back!
2018-3-31
Use props
dji TO88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

I would bring it and get some great shots just bring it with you on your carry on's.
2018-3-31
Use props
JohnnieTheCache
lvl.4

Great! Now i am really looking forward to the trip. I did some more research on Australia and regulations depend on the areas. QLD even allows filming in some parks.

Also i have been both to Singapore and Australia before, but i didnt have the mavic yet. So i know there is lots to see

Only for Singapore i am still looking for a more hi-res map of the legal flying places.
2018-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules