M210 Firmware Bug.. v01.07.1641
1002 6 2018-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kwis
New
United States

So I have an interrested problem with latest firmware..

The EXIF data reports Altitude as whatever "referece" altitude it was at take-off, MINUS the current altitude..

For example is ASL was 1000 meters above sea level at take off and I took a picture at 30 meters AGL, the EXIF data reports  970 Meters ASL...  

Can anyone figure out what the heck is going on?   The other problem is the ASL at ground level is WAAY off from actual Meters above Sea Level.. I thought the GPS was supposed to give you ACTUAL ASL ???

I have the EXACT same issue with my Mavic as well..

EXIF from JPG picture at ground level..
Altitude = 1065.781

EXIF from JPG picture at 60 meters / 200ft
Altitude = 1004.953

You will see it actualy DECREASED in altitude when ots supposed to be more ???

WTF?
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Regarding your concern, the heights are different, please note that the camera is fetching the "fusion height" from the flight control module to write the EXIF information of the photo, please note that the fusion height is calculated by using the barometer and the GPS measurement heights.
However, the barometer is very easy to be affected by the interference from the outside environment, for example, if crosswind blows across the air, the barometric pressure near the barometer will change drastically, causing the barometer to change its height measurement (but actually the aircraft height is not changed, posture may change), besides, temperature will also affect. In general, there are many factors that can affect the barometer.
For GPS, the most important thing is to search for the number of stars. The more stars, the more accurate the judgment of height, and vice versa. GPS also easily receives interference from the environment.
Therefore, we must explain the above principle to you, please note this information is for reference only. Our aircraft has aerial functions, but it does not indicate support for accurate terrain mapping.
2018-3-29
Use props
kwis
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-29 23:48
Regarding your concern, the heights are different, please note that the camera is fetching the "fusion height" from the flight control module to write the EXIF information of the photo, please note that the fusion height is calculated by using the barometer and the GPS measurement heights.
However, the barometer is very easy to be affected by the interference from the outside environment, for example, if crosswind blows across the air, the barometric pressure near the barometer will change drastically, causing the barometer to change its height measurement (but actually the aircraft height is not changed, posture may change), besides, temperature will also affect. In general, there are many factors that can affect the barometer.
For GPS, the most important thing is to search for the number of stars. The more stars, the more accurate the judgment of height, and vice versa. GPS also easily receives interference from the environment.

Thanks, but in my humble opinion, that makes NO sense that the altitude would go DOWN when you go UP in the air.  It is a BUG in the firmware..  for example, on the ground, I take a picture and recorded altitude is 1065 Meters Above Sea Level.. but when i go UP in the air by 60 meters and take another picture, the EXIF records 1004 Meters Above Sea Level.. the Altitiude has DECREASED, but I went UP in the air by 60 meters???

and you should NOT be using the barometer for altitude as a primary source.. you should only use it when GPS is unavailable for short periods of time or until a good GPS lock is achieved...  a good GPS signal is infinitely more accurate..

Why is the ASL going DOWN when the aircraft is going UP ??

A
2018-3-30
Use props
kwis
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-29 23:48

Thanks, but in my humble opinion, that makes NO sense that the altitude would go DOWN when you go UP in the air.  It is a BUG in the firmware..  for example, on the ground, I take a picture and recorded altitude is 1065 Meters Above Sea Level.. but when i go UP in the air by 60 meters and take another picture, the EXIF records 1004 Meters Above Sea Level.. the Altitiude has DECREASED, but I went UP in the air by 60 meters???

and you should NOT be using the barometer for altitude as a primary source.. you should only use it when GPS is unavailable for short periods of time or until a good GPS lock is achieved...  a good GPS signal is infinitely more accurate..

Why is the ASL going DOWN when the aircraft is going UP ??
2018-3-30
Use props
kwis
New
United States

[edit] duplicated post...
2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

kwis Posted at 2018-3-30 16:01
Thanks, but in my humble opinion, that makes NO sense that the altitude would go DOWN when you go UP in the air.  It is a BUG in the firmware..  for example, on the ground, I take a picture and recorded altitude is 1065 Meters Above Sea Level.. but when i go UP in the air by 60 meters and take another picture, the EXIF records 1004 Meters Above Sea Level.. the Altitiude has DECREASED, but I went UP in the air by 60 meters???

and you should NOT be using the barometer for altitude as a primary source.. you should only use it when GPS is unavailable for short periods of time or until a good GPS lock is achieved...  a good GPS signal is infinitely more accurate..

Please firstly calibrate IMU, then please wait 2-3 minutes after you power on the aircraft. If the problem persists, please export the flight data via DJI Assistant 2 to us for further analysis.
2018-4-1
Use props
fansf0a89141
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17470771 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Dji do you guys ever take ownership when you news up or a party malfunctions over been trying to get my mavic pro warranty after only 9 flights it's like banging your head against the wall the GPS on mine was completely it off wack and didn't say anything about it till it was too late? Burt yet it was windy in told I've sent three different forecasts also can see in the log picture. yeah yeah the wind is different at altitude that's garbage wives says ten km and hour. yet compass errors ask there way through but that's not a problem ort even an alarm to say so? give a guy a break. wow definitely last dji product. if someone spends almost 2000 on drive and accessories bathe have a little more respect. evelyn is ignorant. and sends your map data in sure if you would actually look at the raw data
2018-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules