Mavic pro aircraft disconnected at 50 meters randomly
2296 18 2018-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HazzaVanVlazza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 439626 ft
  • >>>

Hi, i was flying my Mavic a few days ago and could not get out 20 meters without loosing signal compleatly on my iphone 7 plus and having to fly back with line of sight not relying on phone at all as it was just black.
I then went home to plug into dji assistant 2 to update all firmware and make sure it was all upto date. after that i took it out yesterday and had th exact same problem. This time i was 100 meters out and struggled to get it back. The drone should not be this unreliable. Has anyome else had this problem? If so how do i fix it or is the drone faulty?

Also i keep getting prompts to update the crutial inteligent flight data and i click update but it does nothing?

Thanks, Harry
2018-3-29
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

I have that too on Android:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-138893-1-1.html
2018-3-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Harry, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. May I confirm that did you fly the Mavic pro with the remote controller or only with the mobile device? Have you changed another open area where the GPS is good and no magnetic interference to try it? If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we'll here for help. Thanks!
2018-3-30
Use props
HazzaVanVlazza
lvl.1
  • >>>

Hi Diana,
I was using the controller. And no i have flown there before a range of times and there was no problem.
Thanks, Harry
2018-3-30
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft

Hi Harry,
Sorry to hear about that.

I think (not entirely sure though) I had a similar issue with my Android. Have you had a chance to look at your flight logs? Mine was mentioning that  'downlink restored'.
2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Harry, it looks like the disconnection is between the RC and mobile devices as you can still control the drone via the controller. Make sure both your mobile and APP have been updated to the latest version. If the screen goes black again, please try to re-plug the cable or restart the APP to check later.  
Regarding the flight data, could you post a screenshot of About page for double check? If you have got the latest one, this might be the misinformation, please choose Ignore at this moment.
2018-3-30
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

Try another cable to the bottom usb
2018-3-30
Use props
fans88ea0ede
New
Flight distance : 37103 ft

Same here from last updates. iPhone X and DJI App updated. Random "aircaft disconnected" messages appears
2018-3-30
Use props
jerome42
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10617 ft
France

Try in plane mode, the phone can make interferences.
2018-3-30
Use props
Marian
lvl.4

jerome42 Posted at 2018-3-30 04:14
Try in plane mode, the phone can make interferences.

I always wonder, if you are in airplane mode, the map won't be updated as there is no connection to receive data. How are you supposed to get a fully loaded map?
2018-3-30
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Marian Posted at 2018-3-30 04:25
I always wonder, if you are in airplane mode, the map won't be updated as there is no connection to receive data. How are you supposed to get a fully loaded map?

Maps can be downloaded and cached before taking off.  Be sure to scan the entire range where you plan to fly and zoom in tightly  in order to download the best resolution for the area.  Then enable Airplane mode before taking off.
2018-3-30
Use props
Marian
lvl.4

Griffith Posted at 2018-3-30 04:33
Maps can be downloaded and cached before taking off.  Be sure to scan the entire range where you plan to fly and zoom in tightly  in order to download the best resolution for the area.  Then enable Airplane mode before taking off.

I've seen some folks have the download option in the GO App for maps but I don't have it. Therefore I am unable to download any maps but I could technically cache it before take off. Thank you.
2018-3-30
Use props
fans49fa0100
New
Flight distance : 1650 ft

iPhone X IOS 11.3 and DJI App updated 4.2.8 and last firmware updates 01.04.0300. Random "aircraft disconnected" messages appears.
It is not the USB cable, because when I unplug it, the "aircraft disconnected" red message disappears and a "disconnected" gray message appears.
2018-3-30
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Guys, mind you that there are some weak geomagnetic stroms (Kp=5 or 6) that causes the problem.

2018-3-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

fans49fa0100 Posted at 2018-3-30 09:31
iPhone X IOS 11.3 and DJI App updated 4.2.8 and last firmware updates 01.04.0300. Random "aircraft disconnected" messages appears.
It is not the USB cable, because when I unplug it, the "aircraft disconnected" red message disappears and a "disconnected" gray message appears.

I am using the same version of go4 app with iPhone 6s+ and have no issues. Can I ask you to try something if you have the time. Plug your Ac into a pc and downgrade your firmware to 0100 including your RC, after this conduct a re-calibration of your imu, restart Ac and go for a flight and let us know if this fixes your issues.

There has been a lot of issues with the 0300 firmware noted on this forum and 0100 seems to be the most stable version out there for now.
2018-3-31
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I was having the same exact issue to find out putting my iPhone in airplane mode fixed the issue and I never get disconnects anymore.  Seems my Phone was causing the interference with the controller.
2018-3-31
Use props
RBMTS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169718 ft

SparksBird Posted at 2018-3-31 07:11
I was having the same exact issue to find out putting my iPhone in airplane mode fixed the issue and I never get disconnects anymore.  Seems my Phone was causing the interference with the controller.

I had a couple of disconnects with my Android phone and MPP controller.  After watching a video from 51Drones about the same issue, I purchased a higher quality 1ft. USB cable and connected the phone directly to the bottom USB port (not the side port) as per his video.   Never had a disconnect since.  I now also put the phone in airplane mode just to be safe.  
2018-3-31
Use props
mickongen
First Officer
Flight distance : 1349816 ft
Denmark

Same here from last updates. Black screen and have to land drone and restart drone and controller and then i works. will not reconnect if i restarts go app i flight.
2018-4-1
Use props
HazzaVanVlazza
lvl.1
  • >>>

Please fix this issue or can we return to the place we bought the drone from?
2018-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules