Mavic Air - USB-C charging and wireless phone connect?
4623 8 2018-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Njw83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89767 ft
United Kingdom

So I sold my Mavic Pro and bought a Spark and I actually prefer it in many ways. But I'm wondering about trying out the Air.
I have read the USB-C charging is not possible direct to the drone though!! This is a huge shame as being able to top up a battery on the go on the Spark was a great feature. Will it ever be enabled via software?

Also, I really liked just connecting the phone to the Spark controller via wifi instead of fiddling around with the little lightning connector. On an Iphone 7 plus its a pain in the ass to try to get it to fit properly.

Can you connect to the Air controller with wifi or do you HAVE to use the stupid little cable again?

Thanks in advance.
2018-3-30
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic Air remote controller must be connected to the mobile device with a cable.
2018-3-30
Use props
Avian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89301 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

And watch... On Android the RC charges the phone... Draining the RC battery... WTF
2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, it is recommended to connect the RC and mobile device via USB cable. You can connect the side port or the bottom port. Alternatively, connect the aircraft and mobile device via WiFi, instead of the RC.
2018-3-30
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89767 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-30 03:59
Hi there, it is recommended to connect the RC and mobile device via USB cable. You can connect the side port or the bottom port. Alternatively, connect the aircraft and mobile device via WiFi, instead of the RC.

"recommended"

So does that mean you could connect the phone to the controller via wifi like the Spark?
2018-3-30
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-30 03:59

? I think this is a wrong information for the AIR. And yes, sucks, iPhone the same behavior , if you don't have fully charged will drain the iPhone battery.

I don't think you can connect thru WIFI the phone to controller on AIR.
2018-3-30
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft

With the Air you have three options to connect. WiFi on the phone or tablet. Distance 100 meters,   Phone or tablet wired to the controller distance over 500 meters and hand gestures distance 20 meters.
2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Njw83 Posted at 2018-3-30 04:05
"recommended"

So does that mean you could connect the phone to the controller via wifi like the Spark?

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. For the Mavic air, you can choose to connect the mobile device to the aircraft via wifi, no remote controller; If you choose to use the remote controller, the mobile device connect to the remote controller only can through a USB cable, unable to connect the phone to the controller via wifi like the spark. Please be noted.
2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

LOKY Posted at 2018-3-30 04:54
? I think this is a wrong information for the AIR. And yes, sucks, iPhone the same behavior , if you don't have fully charged will drain the iPhone battery.

I don't think you can connect thru WIFI the phone to controller on AIR.

Hi, yes, it is unable to connect the phone to the controller via wifi, the phone can connect to the aircraft via wifi when there is no remote controller. Thanks!
2018-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules