Is Unlocking List option available for P3A users?
3442 20 2018-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans83def855
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144383 ft
United States

I have a Phantom 3 Advanced and Ipad mini-3; all software is up to date; After using the DJI Flysafe website to schedule Self-Unlocking of a authorization zone (to fly in an authorization without an internect connection at future date), I am unable to use the DJI App to access the authorization zone.  According to the DJI video, the user is suppose to go to General Settings>Unlocking List>and turn on.  Can someone please check and let me know if you have this "Unlocking List" option under general settings (the 3 little dots top right corner).  Thank-you in advance.
2018-3-30
Use props
fans83def855
lvl.2
United States

DJI Go UnLock List Option Not Available

I have a Phantom 3 Advanced and Ipad mini-3; all software is up to date; After using the DJI Flysafe website to schedule Self-Unlocking of a authorization zone (to fly in an authorization without an internect connection at future date), I am unable to use the DJI App to access the authorization zone.  According to the DJI video, the user is suppose to go to General Settings>Unlocking List>and turn on.  Can someone please check and let me know if you have this Unlocking List; option under general settings (the 3 little dots top right corner).  Thank-you in advance.
2018-3-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, I noticed that Susan replied your last post abut this topic. Please follow her advice and send an email to flysafe@dji.com. Thanks for your support.
2018-3-30
Use props
fans83def855
lvl.2
United States

No, unfortunately, no one from DJI has helped yet. I have a phantom 3. Don't believe the unlock list us available for phantom 3's.
2018-3-31
Use props
fans83def855
lvl.2
United States

I have provided screen captures of all current software versions, serial number of both drone and remote, and still haven't heard back from anyone yet. Just keep getting emails stating to watch dji video on scheduled unlock list. DjI App for phantom 3 does not have the unlock option. Video might be for phantom 4 and above. I've tried other tables and my phone,  reloaded DJI  App, and none of the devices show unlock list.
2018-3-31
Use props
fans83def855
lvl.2
United States

Could someone eith phantom 3 Advanced check their DJI App and see if unlock list is there please. Im not getting anywhere with DJI except around and around in circles.
2018-3-31
Use props
fans83def855
lvl.2
United States

Help needed from another P3A user

My simple request, please connect your P3A and go to general setting, top right 3 dots, and scroll down and see if the unlock option is available? Please let me know.
Ths is the option that lets you fly in an authorized zone without internet connection. Its a important feature that P3A users should check for.
2018-3-31
Use props
fans83def855
lvl.2
United States

Where is the P3A unlock list option?

Calling on anyone else who uses a Phantom 3. When you go to 3 little dots in upper right corner, the genetal settibgs, do you have a Unlock List option in the menu?
2018-4-1
Use props
fans83def855
lvl.2
United States

Need your help. Does any P3A have unlock list?

Calling on anyone else who uses a Phantom 3. When you go to 3 little dots in upper right corner, the genetal settibgs, do you have a Unlock List option in the menu?
2018-4-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans83def855 Posted at 2018-4-1 19:41
Calling on anyone else who uses a Phantom 3. When you go to 3 little dots in upper right corner, the genetal settibgs, do you have a Unlock List option in the menu?

Could you tell us your email address when you contacted the Flysafe Team? We'll check the exact status and help you get an update soon.

Also, please do not start multiple posts with the similar topics, as the similar will be emerged with previous ones according to the Forum Regulations. Hope for your understanding.
2018-4-1
Use props
fans83def855
lvl.2

Hi Susan, do you have an update on this? Thanks
2018-4-3
Use props
fans83def855
lvl.2

Hi again, as you can see, I d o mot have the unlock list option.
2018-4-3
Use props
fans83def855
lvl.2
United States

Sorry for the typo, but I do NOT have the UNLOCK LIST option under general settings.
2018-4-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for keeping us updated. The option will not appear if the unlocking is not successful. I managed to get the ticket number via the forum info, the Fly Safe Team has replied you timely. Please refer the direction and offer the info we need, the right team will guide you the right direction.

BTW, please click the reply under my message, so that I can get the reminder and handle it timely. Again, please do not start multiple posts at the same time which violates the forum regulations, we'll merge the similar ones. Thanks for your cooperation.
2018-4-5
Use props
fans83def855
lvl.2
United States

Hi Susan, I haven't been contacted by the developer team yet. I've followed the DJI video and successfully have authorized the zone I want to fly in. Thats never neen the problem. But how do I unlock on my Dji app? I have gone to restricted area and opened my app, and no unlock release button ever appears allowing me to fly.
2018-4-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans83def855 Posted at 2018-4-5 19:18
Hi Susan, I haven't been contacted by the developer team yet. I've followed the DJI video and successfully have authorized the zone I want to fly in. Thats never neen the problem. But how do I unlock on my Dji app? I have gone to restricted area and opened my app, and no unlock release button ever appears allowing me to fly.

I understand how you feel. We're checking the exact status with the right team and will keep follow up.
2018-4-10
Use props
PhotoLogic-SightFlight
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1909078 ft
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-4-10 01:45
I understand how you feel. We're checking the exact status with the right team and will keep follow up.

Hi Susan ~
I too have not been able to Self Unlock on a Phantom 3 Pro. I used to be able to do it when the GEO system was new, but not since the most recent Firmware Updates. I can Self Unlock with my Mavic Pro, but not the Phantom 3 Pro.  I've been on CHAT with DJI Support of over 30 minutes and all he said too was to contact the Flysafe Team at that email address flysafe@dji.com, but my partner has been tried that for 2 WEEKS and they have been no help.  
Can someone just step up to the plate and say they do not support Self Unlocking on that Phantom 3 anymore? At least that would be something better than a run-around and wasting everybodies time, including Customer Service's times!  Please reply with something more substantial than nothing.
Talk to the FlySafe Team and get some kind of statement from them. Anything!
Thank You.  
This is very frustrating to us Commercial pilots not being able to use a product because of this flaw in the system. These drones are tools to get work done and if we can't get work done using it, we will go to another platform that works.
2018-6-19
Use props
lolsquid321
lvl.3
Flight distance : 693406 ft

phantom 3 adv owner here, i dont have  the unlock list either but when i owned a spark it did have an unlocking list
2018-6-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PhotoLogic-SightFlight Posted at 2018-6-19 14:50
Hi Susan ~
I too have not been able to Self Unlock on a Phantom 3 Pro. I used to be able to do it when the GEO system was new, but not since the most recent Firmware Updates. I can Self Unlock with my Mavic Pro, but not the Phantom 3 Pro.  I've been on CHAT with DJI Support of over 30 minutes and all he said too was to contact the Flysafe Team at that email address flysafe@dji.com, but my partner has been tried that for 2 WEEKS and they have been no help.  
Can someone just step up to the plate and say they do not support Self Unlocking on that Phantom 3 anymore? At least that would be something better than a run-around and wasting everybodies time, including Customer Service's times!  Please reply with something more substantial than nothing.

Sorry for the troubles. Could you tell us your ticket number or email address when you contacted Flysafe? We'll check the exact status and see whether we can help.
2018-6-28
Use props
fansf2f97391
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27651 ft
United States

i also have been in contact with customer service and no answers except to contact flysafe. Same problem, I receive authorization  and exactly the same situation as "fans83" and others. My Phantom 3 advanced was only purchased in April of 2018. It appears that all the support is available for dji go 4  and the newer machines but has ceased on machines that are fairly new along with the dji go app. I am referring to the topic of which this thread is addressed regarding the "absent unlock list" on the dji go app and the Phantom 3 advanced. I just received my Ronin -S and it was lacking the 20w approved charger and in addition it was not available to order from your store. Wanted to use an approved charger in case anything happened and a non approved charger was the cause of any damage.  Finally, customer service was able to retrieve one from the warehouse last week and I made payment immediately and still have not received it.  In addition, it appears that I cannot order an additional Phantom 3 Advanced battery from your store. (No longer available).  I agree with the gentleman above who said just be straight with us and let us know that the phantom three and DGI go app does not support the unlock list.  I am using my drone for real estate photos and videos and sometimes the location maybe an hour away from my home base.  If it appears that the unlock was accepted but was not transferred to the DGI go app it can cause a  very unprofessional situation of being unprepared for a shoot and not being able to fly. I've seen many threads  pertaining to the same issue and your moderators and or the fly safe people have not  ever answered the question. This is very disheartening... I'd rather have DJI at least be truthful with your customers who have paid good money for either a recreational or a business  drone. I will very much consider not continuing to do business with DJI based upon the way that I have seen customers questions go on answered without satisfactory or honest answers. It seems that the company's interest is in developing new products rapidly but not continuing with proper support  for products that are only a few years old
2019-12-31
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

fansf2f97391 Posted at 2019-12-31 22:07
i also have been in contact with customer service and no answers except to contact flysafe. Same problem, I receive authorization  and exactly the same situation as "fans83" and others. My Phantom 3 advanced was only purchased in April of 2018. It appears that all the support is available for dji go 4  and the newer machines but has ceased on machines that are fairly new along with the dji go app. I am referring to the topic of which this thread is addressed regarding the "absent unlock list" on the dji go app and the Phantom 3 advanced. I just received my Ronin -S and it was lacking the 20w approved charger and in addition it was not available to order from your store. Wanted to use an approved charger in case anything happened and a non approved charger was the cause of any damage.  Finally, customer service was able to retrieve one from the warehouse last week and I made payment immediately and still have not received it.  In addition, it appears that I cannot order an additional Phantom 3 Advanced battery from your store. (No longer available).  I agree with the gentleman above who said just be straight with us and let us know that the phantom three and DGI go app does not support the unlock list.  I am using my drone for real estate photos and videos and sometimes the location maybe an hour away from my home base.  If it appears that the unlock was accepted but was not transferred to the DGI go app it can cause a  very unprofessional situation of being unprepared for a shoot and not being able to fly. I've seen many threads  pertaining to the same issue and your moderators and or the fly safe people have not  ever answered the question. This is very disheartening... I'd rather have DJI at least be truthful with your customers who have paid good money for either a recreational or a business  drone. I will very much consider not continuing to do business with DJI based upon the way that I have seen customers questions go on answered without satisfactory or honest answers. It seems that the company's interest is in developing new products rapidly but not continuing with proper support  for products that are only a few years old

What happens with the P4 fly safe maps has nothing to do with the P3 fly safe maps.  Similarly, what happens with the P3 fly safe maps has nothing to do with the P2 fly safe maps.  And so on.  

You can get brand new OEM P3 batteries at BestBuy.com right now.  They're on sale.  If you need a battery or two or three, I suggest you buy them today before the sale expires.  

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dji ... 900.p?skuId=4406900

Re unlocking, I think your unlocking method can be improved.  You may be confused with what gets unlocked.  Your mobile device does not unlock the P3.  My understanding is the unlock has to be done to the aircraft while you are online.  What I do is unlock an area at home in advance with my desktop's browser while leaving my P3 system turned off completely.  I am required to enter the P3's serial number, so I do that.  I choose the dates, etc.  It's a bit cumbersome but I like it better than doing it with the Go app.  When I'm done, I close my desktop's browser and take my controller and P3 off the shelf and power it up.  I connect to the P3 with my controller and mobile device while I am within range of my home's router.  When I do that, the unlock is successfully applied to my P3P.  It seems to me the unlock data moves from the DJI server through the internet to my home's router, then via wifi to my mobile device, then by cable to my P3 controller, then by Lightbridge to my P3P, where it is recorded.  So the mobile device is not really involved other than as a chain link to move the unlock data.  Once the unlock is recorded successfully into the P3, it's good, and it will stay good for the three days you chose using this method.  You can then fly at the location with no need for an internet connection.  

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock

Good luck
2020-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules