A2 FLIGHT CONTROL LOCKS OUT FUTABA RADIO WHEN FAILSAFE INITIATED
2204 5 2015-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

i am having a strange issue with the A2 flight controller

Basically it is this, i have my flight mode switch set to GPS,ATT and Failsafe, this is done to test the failsafe function without shutting down the transmitter, obvious.

On the ground everything works well failsafe initiates on radio tx shut down and failsafe set on the flight mode switch., flight in GPS and ATT is all fine and switching between the modes is fine.

If i initiate a failsafe in the air using the flight mode switch  the A2 flight controller initiates the failsafe and will return to the home point and land fine.

The problem is that when it initiates this it locks me out, changing the flight mode switch back to GPS or ATT has no effect and the failsafe proceedure continues until it lands.

Once it has landed and shut off the motors i can regain the flight mode by toggling the switch.

has anyone any ideas on this one, it is obviously very concerning as i can not regain control once failsafe has initiated. i have not tried this in the air by shutting down the transmitter for obvoius resons.

I have nothing additional items such as iosd, hubs etc attached to the A2 controller except the landing gear.

Radio is a Futaba 14SG linking directly to the A2 controller, previous to this i was using Graupner via the S-Bus adaptor and had issues between flight modes and also the failsafe issue.
Flight mode issues have disapeared but the failsafe is still there.

The A2 is running the current version of firmware.

Any input regarding this would be appreciated as i need to sort this out.

2015-5-7
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

I would try to do this on the ground while attached to the software Assistant and see what happens.  This is not normal operation.
Make sure you are in center of the range for your flight modes and not near the edge between FS and a flight mode.
Interested in hearing your findings.
2015-5-11
Use props
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Still working on this one, i have already been through the tests you recommend Joe and yep it all works fine on the ground with or without the assistant connected and yep in the centre of range.
will let you know what i find, at the moment i am testing with a tether cable attached, even tried a different flying field and its still there.
2015-5-12
Use props
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Further testing today at the flying field rev elated a bit more information.

Sure enough if i do a full failsafe with radio off (tether line attached) the failsafe mode performs correctly.
Return to home function locks me out, if you turn return to home off it continues home until it lands.
In the air if you toggle the flight mode switch from ATT to GPS it stops the return to home function.
Return to home function locks out all control inputs so basically goes into failsafe mode.

just sent a detailed report to DJI europe to see if they have any opinions on this

Tried this with a Graupner radio set wired in the traditional manner and the problem is the same so its not radio based.

Surely this is not right, i have used all of the DJI flight controllers and have an Inspire 1 and none work like this.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
2015-5-15
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

This sounds normal.  To get out of failsafe you need to toggle the flight mode switch.
In first post this did not seem to happening.
Return to home is essentially the same as FS.   You will not have manual control in this mode until it is changed to another mode.
2015-5-19
Use props
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Many thanks Joe, yes you are right, basically i was not used to the A2 Failsafe mode and was thinking it was doing something it should not be, I am currently writing my ops manual so i have to make sure everything is detailed down correctly as i have to run by this, a bit more testing and i am now happy with it now i understand the changes between the flight controllers, i think one of my problems was that i have been putting an Inspire 1 though its testing at the same time and return to home works differently on that as well only better. I wonder if they will be bringing out an updater for the A2 to keep up with the Inspire 1 functionality.
Interestingly on the inspire 1 it uses the GLONAS russian GPS system and is very accurate. Many thanks for clearing that one up for me Joe…. back to the ops manual
2015-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules